What's the point of the Bowser and Peach pictures at the top of Peach's first castle?

FirePuppy

Koopa Troopa
If you've played Super Mario 64, you'll clearly notice that there are portraits of Bowser and Peach hanging on the walls on the left and right, and at the very top is a large-size portrait of BOWSER.

But still, it's Peach's castle, so what's the purpose of these pictures on the walls anyway if the princess hates that devious monster?

huh i never questioned it. since bowser kinda took over the castle i think he mighta just placed the portraits in there himself

Yep, the whole premise of 64 is Bowser did portrait shenanigans with the power stars, so it only make sense he'd add some his own to rub it in marios face. He even laughs when Mario enters the castle, he's basically like "fight me, plumber, I'll crush you!"

Bowser took over, the portraits were his addition.

Main thing I question about SM64's castle is the general lack of furniture. Peach's Room is empty, most of the rooms are nothing but the portraits to other worlds. Did Bowser just not want a bed or a kitchen or anything? I get he is capable of changing the castle layout, but I think Bowser needs to hire an interior decorator.

Back