Diiferently Colored Yoshi Individual Wiki Pages

I myself have not played Super Mario Sunshine, but I have watched multiple playthroughs and have the Super Mario Encyclopedia, which has a section entirely about it. The Yoshi (species) article does not reference which individually colored Yoshis appear in which game, such as some as the black Yoshi, aren't as common in many games, but they games they are in should be noted.

Each Yoshi color has different games they appear in, different first appearances, and different last appearances. the Yoshi (species) article mentions Yoshis as a whole, but some facts only apply to them individually.

What I linked to was a proposal about merging the Yoshi colors into one article. They were originally separated, but they shared too many similarities to really stand on their own. However, the article does go over the individual powers and appearances in their respective games.

Thank you for providing me with the link, then. I took a look at it, just personally, it would be more convenient than only the merged species list. I complain because I have a project I am working on, and the Yoshi colors are listed individually, not as a collective character, and the links would be much more accurate than having to scroll down or find the information on said page.

The page is asking for a rewrite, so more information can probably be added. I'm noticing a lack of a "power" or "abilities" section, the closest is "biology". Info like that can be added at one point, but the individual articles would just be a lot of duplicate information aside from one power difference.

As I noted before, some have different games they are in than others. Such as how Mario Kart 8's DLC only includes 9 colors of Yoshi, while some are still absent. I would like to close this discussion by saying I would like this to be noted, It does not necessarily have to be on however many individual pages, but it should be noted somehow.

The different Yoshi colors are just as notable as the different Shy Guy colors or Koopa Troopa colors. A lot of the times, they're just aesthetic differences. In games where they DO have gameplay differences such as Yoshi's Story, you can easily fit the simple differences in their own section.

That's not the part I'm most concerned about. The part I am most concerned about is the multiple games that they are in. No two Yoshis have the exact same games they are in. That's the part I'm concerned about documenting.

If they don't have consistent appearances, just simply document colors that do appear and leave out ones that don't appear. I don't see how it's a complicated issue.

You know, you're probably right. All I want is a place where they are documented, and that's it. Nothing special, just a place where I can look and see what games they were in. I'm not saying an individual wiki page (at least, not anymore) because really, the basics is all I need.

Back