Issue 150

Raiko Horikawa

Live your life according to your rhythm!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao

Enjoy our special issue, with all sorts of special sections and a staff collab!

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Make sure to check out Challenger Approaching!, where I create a concept for Phoenix Wright, as voted on in the suggestion thread! Thank you to everyone else who participated in bringing Issue 150 to life. Seeing this issue in its full glory has been another one of those proud moments for me with the community, and I'm happy I've been able to help with The 'Shroom, both now and onwards, hopefully far past 150.

This is an incredible feat here, 150 issues is amazing. Lots of good and fun sections to read here, you all did a fantastic job! Wish I could've gotten my planned special section in on time and actually participated in this, but it wasn't anywhere close to done. Ah well, there's always the forums! Here's to The 'Shroom's continuation for years to come! And thanks to everyone for making the newspaper a fun read since the beginning, I always end up reading archived issues as I'm fixing images and I just completely lose track of time as I read everything ^^;

JypulYX.png

Anyhow, you'll probably find it unsurprising to hear that I have words to share about this issue. While there were ambitious plans I had for special contributions for this issue that just didn't pan out with the time September offered, I'm ecstatic to see this issue come together. Thanks to everyone's effort, it really has shaped up to be something magnificient.

While The 'Shroom celebrates its 150th issue, Strategy Wing has hit its own milestone with its fiftieth edition, and a massive one at that. We had plenty of writers set aside the time for some major contributions to the team this month, so please be sure to read them, from the staples like Mach Speed Mayhem and Pokédex Power to two new section debuts and everything in between. And, if you have Super Mario Maker 2, try out some of the community-made levels and the four levels made specifically for this contest. They're short levels, but you should replay them over and over and try to minimize your clear time. Oh, and don't let all the excitement distract you from voting in Mach Speed Mayhem.

But this month is far from only being about Strategy Wing! All of our teams have excellent content prepared for you this month, and, on top of it all, a number of you submitted superb special sections on a range of topics, from music to the Mario fandom to Smash Bros.. I appreciate all of the guest contributions; they go a long way in making this issue feel like a milestone.

That all said, I think I would be remiss not to mention how wonderful it feels to see another staff collaboration Travel Guide, and one I had the honour of contributing to, at that! Earlier in the year, Perch and I had discussed the possibility of seeing another collaboration inspired by the Iwata Tribute of issue 100 and the special Travel Guide x15 of issue 64, but I don't think either of us realized at that moment that it would actually come to fruition. I had the chance to see a close-knit team of people work with fervor to make this project possible, and I can't thank all of the contributors to that project enough. As a long-time reader of The 'Shroom, I can speak from my experience and say that staff collaborations feel like a gift from the staff to the readers and writers who make this community project possible and worthwhile month after month, and this edition feels no different. I sincerely hope everyone enjoys all the work that was put into this Travel Guide.

To finish up my thoughts, I can't help but acknowledge how indescribably - and I mean that in the sense that I don't even have the right word to express it - cool it is to see this community come together each month, year after year, never missing a beat, to make this little project a reality. I'd say The 'Shroom has long been a valuable centerpiece for this community that has been an entrypoint for a good number of users, and there's something spectacular about seeing it make it this far and seeing it grow into what it is today. With a community like this one at its back, The 'Shroom certainly seems to have a favourable path forward to issue 200.

Back