About Last Nights Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
¥ø$@®!ø said:
Ell Oh Ell said:
I wish I was an active poster here, I love forum drama.

There are a few exploits for SMF 1.1.4 that I can think of off the top of my head that involve an SQL injection which allows you to escalate your forum privileges and wreak havoc. Is that what happened?

I don't think they could have stolen passwords, since 1.1.x uses SHA1 with the member name as a salt, so I'd say it's pretty secure.

Upgrade to 1.1.8 taimz?
Most likely the culprit hacked Stooby's gmail, and then got the password from there.
I don't think he would have the same password for everything, and you have to go on the wiki to request your password.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
¥ø$@®!ø said:
Ell Oh Ell said:

There are a few exploits for SMF 1.1.4 that I can think of off the top of my head that involve an SQL injection which allows you to escalate your forum privileges and wreak havoc. Is that what happened?

I don't think they could have stolen passwords, since 1.1.x uses SHA1 with the member name as a salt, so I'd say it's pretty secure.

Upgrade to 1.1.8 taimz?
Most likely the culprit hacked Stooby's gmail, and then got the password from there.
I don't think he would have the same password for everything, and you have to go on the wiki to request your password.
I don't use the same passwords. But I might have had registration emails containing my passwords stored somewhere. I can't find any, so I'm not sure if they were ever there, or if they got deleted.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
¥ø$@®!ø said:
Ell Oh Ell said:

Upgrade to 1.1.8 taimz?
I don't use universal passwords either, but I think Gmail is supposed to be weak against hacks or something. He probably did hacked his gmail because SMF and Mediawiki passwords are very secure.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

Dude, you're over reacating, no offense.
Just get a grip on yourself. It's not going to escolate that far.
Dude, learn to spell.
I was as scared as hell. I didn't consider checking my post.
Truth be told, somebody really did steal my password! He/she's scribbling spam all over my userpage, saying I killed him/her and I'd get endless spam until I said sorry or something.

DoctorWho_1995 said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

Dude, learn to spell.
Truth be told, somebody really did steal my password! He/she's scribbling spam all over my userpage, saying I killed him/her and I'd get endless spam until I said sorry or something.

I saw that, too!

Spirit in the Sky said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

Dude, learn to spell.

I saw that, too!
I think the only reason she did that was to mess with you because you were scared of her. If you didn't openly admit to being scared of having your password hacked, she might of not have done that.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Spirit in the Sky said:
I saw that, too!
I think the only reason she did that was to mess with you because you were scared of her. If you didn't openly admit to being scared of having your password hacked, she might of not have done that.
How'd you know it's a she?

Great. So what on Earth do I do now? Just sit back and wait for the horror to kick in?
Man, if I'd never have even joined this website...

DoctorWho_1995 said:
Great. So what on Earth do I do now? Just sit back and wait for the horror to kick in?
It's just part of the internet experience, we all get trolls sometime. :P

≥£Ú said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
Wait wait... Not exactly getting this, you can survive a troll?!
Why didn't you tell me?! I thought I was bound for a virus feast.
Then again, I probably have those anyway. I do surf a lot, this one site once gave me over 6000! (No joke intended)
Seriously, though. She's not gonna post spam using my account, is she?

DoctorWho_1995 said:
≥£Ú said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
Then again, I probably have those anyway. I do surf a lot, this one site once gave me over 6000! (No joke intended)
No, as far as this site as concerned, I am certain she will not try and take control of any accounts. If she does try and attack again (and it's unlikely she will), she would likely try and acquire an account with some form of power (likely an G-Mod or Admin account). However, I believe she has moved onto other targets on alternative MWikis or Userpedias, and not the ones we currently use.

≥£Ú said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
No, as far as this site as concerned, I am certain she will not try and take control of any accounts. If she does try and attack again (and it's unlikely she will), she would likely try and acquire an account with some form of power (likely an G-Mod or Admin account). However, I believe she has moved onto other targets on alternative MWikis or Userpedias, and not the ones we currently use.
...Okay.

DoctorWho_1995 said:
≥£Ú said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
...Okay.
Basically, for now we're safe. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back