Paper Mario 2 Stats

Luigi hc

Spiny
I've been playing (and obsessing over) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door lately, and have yet to beat the Shadow Queen. Pathetic, I know. ;)
I've recently leveled up to Level 30, and was wondering what stats I should (approximately) have to beat her without a whole load of struggle.

Currently, I have 40 hp, 40 fp and 57 bp (with HP Plus, HP Plus P and FP Plus on.. so technically I have 35 hp/fp).

Think this is good enough to beat her? Thanks for you input. ^^

I beat her with: (Wa :yoshi: , i would listen. You wanted to know, anyway)

HP: 50
FP: 40
BP: 40

I used:
feeling Fine,
Attack Up (or something)
Power hammer
Mega Jump (or something)
some sounds and the L emblem (not nescessary)

and my partners I used were:
Yoshi kid
Flurrie
Goombella
Vivian

Hope this helps.

OK, first of all, nix all the _P Plus Badges. Worthless. You might as well have just upgraded your HP and FP anyway, since those Plus badges take 3 BP, which is the amount you get from leveling up, making it pointless. Equip Piercing Blow, and badges that give you a lot of power, like Power Smash. Charge works well too. Power Plus and Defend Plus are a must. Equip a couple if you have the BP to spare.

In battle, use Vivian, as she can burn the SQ and shield you from her 18-HP damage attack. If Vivan falls, bring out Bobbery and use him as a meat shield to take the brunt of most attacks, since he has high HP. On the off chance Bobbery falls, bring Goombella out. She should last you through the rest of the battle with Rally Wink and Multibonk. Bring plenty of Jelly Ultras, Whacka's Bumps, Zess Deluxes, things like that. Don't bother with Life Shrooms. Those things are a rip-off, trust me.

Use Stylish Moves. They'll give you enough Star Power for periodic Sweet Feasts.

Good luck!

40/40/57? That doesn't sound right. 40/40/42 is Level 27. It should be 40/40/51

Max, Power Plus, Feeling Fine, Power Smash & Jump are good badges to use, though I prefer to tough it out on status effects because of FF's high BP cost.

With the power of a meaty 60 BP with a sacrifice of 25 HP and 25 FP, I had:

Power Plus X2
Power Plus P
Jumpman
Defend Plus X3 (got another one from a Chain Chomp)
Damage Dodge X2
Flower Saver
Flower Saver P
Power Bounce
Power Jump
Unsimplifier X2

I know that totals to 52 BP - I'm forgetting some other not-so-important badges.

Mario's the fortress here - base attack of 6 per jump, and defense of 6 with a guard.

I know it doesn't sound right, but, somehow it is. xD I triple checked what it was, and what I wrote down and brought here from my Dad's house where my game is. Trust me, it's 40/40/57.

EDIT: What are the default stats at the beginning of the game?

Okay, with default stats of 10/5/3, I can find out if my 57 is right. ;3
I have 40 hp, -5 for that HP Plus, which equals 35hp. At 5hp per level, and a default of 10, that's... (35 - 10) / 5 = 25 / 5 = 5 levels of HP increase.
I have 40 fp, -5 for that FP Plus, which equals 35fp. At 5fp per level, and a default of 5, that's... (35 - 5) / 5 = 30 / 5 = 6 levels of FP increase.
I have (supposedly) 57 bp. At 3 bp per level, and a default of 3, that's... (57 - 3) / 3 = 54 / 3 = 18 levels of BP increase.

Now, 5 + 6 + 18 = 29. And, I'm level 30. So it adds up, as you don't gain stats from "level 0" to level 1. ;D So, it IS 57.

----
I have Power Plus on, as well as the Feeling Fines and Power Jump + Smash. What's "max"?

Monty Mole said:
OK, first of all, nix all the _P Plus Badges. Worthless. You might as well have just upgraded your HP and FP anyway, since those Plus badges take 3 BP, which is the amount you get from leveling up, making it pointless. Equip Piercing Blow, and badges that give you a lot of power, like Power Smash. Charge works well too. Power Plus and Defend Plus are a must. Equip a couple if you have the BP to spare.

In battle, use Vivian, as she can burn the SQ and shield you from her 18-HP damage attack. If Vivan falls, bring out Bobbery and use him as a meat shield to take the brunt of most attacks, since he has high HP. On the off chance Bobbery falls, bring Goombella out. She should last you through the rest of the battle with Rally Wink and Multibonk. Bring plenty of Jelly Ultras, Whacka's Bumps, Zess Deluxes, things like that. Don't bother with Life Shrooms. Those things are a rip-off, trust me.

Use Stylish Moves. They'll give you enough Star Power for periodic Sweet Feasts.

Good luck!

So, take off the HP and FP Plus, then level up twice to get my hp and fp back up to 40? Or, just take them off and leave the stats at 35? Leveling is hard as is. xD

I JUST beat her today.

I forget which level I was on, but I used

Badges: Feeling Fine. Multi-Bounce. HP up. That badge that gives you a special advantage whenever a battle is started. Close Call. I used others, but those were the main ones...

Partners:
Vivian. Goombella. (at one point I had Yoshi Kid out, but I did'nt use him.)

if I remember, last time that I beat her I got these status:
level:30 or 31
hp: 75
fp:45
bp:between 25 to 30

I don't remenber what badges I used, but I had some power and defense plus

items: generaly some jamin jellys and ultra shrooms (I want to eat som of thoose!!!!!!) and pretty much items, the only partner that I used is vivian and I completed the devilish pit of you know trials, if you want to know my trick to complete this evil place I goin to make a topic abou that inmediataly

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally beat the Shadow Queen (fairly easily, I might add. ;D) with all your help. ^^ Thanks guys! I FINALLY DID IT! 8D
WHOOOPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to get to Bonetail... ;)

Wayoshi said:
"You haven't beaten the game unless you've beaten the Shadow Queen!" -- my thoughts
Exactly my thoughts. ;D
Thanks for all your help Wayoshi. Everything you said really made her A LOT easier then last time. ;)

"SSB announcer voice" CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish ?I had asked, she was incredibly hard for me. I only won because of that roulette....

The "BINGO!" thing?
I hardly ever get it to come, and rarely match up 3. I seem to have good luck matching up Poison Mushrooms though (almost did during the Shadow Queen. Gosh, it scared me. I had Poison-Poision-STAR! My heart was beating so fast.... O_O).
She wasn't too bad for me this time 'round, however. Last time I didn't really care about the game too much. It was my first time through, and I just wanted to finish as fast as I could. Dunno why I do that.
I didn't even know about Ms. Mowz back then, and had maybe 5 badges on. I had loads of FP, and little to use it on, I believe. I wasn't too bright. xD That time, I beat her first form, as Shadow Peach, and after that, I completely died. I didn't have the Strange Sack, so all 10 of my items were gone, I didn't think of using Sweet Feast, and I kept dying, no matter what.

This time around, I knew a lot more about how to battle. I used Art Attack (on Shadow Peach), Supernova (on Shadow Queen -- first thing, I believe ;)), and Sweet Feast. I had good defence and offence, and used veil ALWAYS, as opposed to never. xD
Now I see why people rate her difficulty as "***/*****". ;P

I got 3 flowers and 3 stars in one fight! Fate smiled upon me.... and yes, she was probably the hardest Mario boss I've beaten so far.

Nah, I can't count on the BINGO! for my audience. I'm awsome at most Stylish Moves, so I just use those. (I do double-stylish Mario Jumps and Hammers 99% of the time, as well as stylish moves for Bobbery, Yoshi, Vivian, etc. ;))

Exactly. The game rigs it for you to get back on track almost immediately (you don't have to use Stylish moves to get your audience back). So you can go all out of big FP moves at the start for major damage.

Wayoshi said:
Exactly. The game rigs it for you to get back on track almost immediately (you don't have to use Stylish moves to get your audience back). So you can go all out of big FP moves at the start for major damage.

Mmmmhmmm.... I meant on top of that.

Back