YFJ's Crafty Creations (Game mods and more!)

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Welcome to YFJ's Crafty Creations! With my newfound interest in game modding, particularly Smash modding, I thought I might make a Fan Creations thread to call my own. I'll post my various projects here, and give progress reports on said projects. I may even release my modpacks on Google Drive if there's enough demand for it. However, as game modding still takes time and isn't nearly as easy as it might seem at first, these are all relatively small-scale mods, so don't expect anything major.

Right now, I am working on a series of projects in Smash Wii U, which I call New Challengers Approaching! The first new challenger? Bandana Waddle Dee, whose presence in Smash is certainly long overdue. Bandana Waddle Dee replaces Shadow Kirby as Kirby's eighth alt, and as such all of his moves are identical to Kirby's (although I recommend using custom moves to swap Inhale for Ice Breath to avoid glitchy graphics). But I didn't stop there; that would have been boring, and it wouldn't make you feel like you're actually playing as a separate character. At the time of writing, I have changed the character model, character name, Boxing Ring title, and voice clips (these were replaced with silence).

The one last thing I need to complete this modpack is a Bandana Waddle Dee nameplate, which I cannot find on the Internet nor create myself, so if someone could send me one that would be great. I also haven't touched the Announcer clips at all, and I will likely replace them with silence to avoid any confusion with Kirby. When all is said and done, I hope that Bandana Waddle Dee will be near-indistinguishable from official costume swaps like Alph and the Koopalings.

I had a progress video that I was going to upload to YouTube and post here, but the Miiverse shutdown also prevents video sharing, so oh well. Hopefully I'll find a patch to this game that circumvents that. But what do you think of it so far? Thoughts?

Re: YFJ's Crafty Creations (Now featured: New Challengers Approaching!)

Cool. I don't know much about modding, but kudos that you're stepping into something that you haven't really done before!

I've never modded in my life (maybe I will someday), but I'm glad to hear you'll try that out! I can't help you much, since I have zero idea about how to do that.

Some more potato screenshots that show more features of my mod (sorry I don't have a capture card):
qVjA3XA.jpg

5AgcrnJ.jpg

ejGFquQ.jpg

iEzqvGP.jpg

ogbp2ZM.jpg

mkytaVp.jpg

JsSSFIw.jpg

Vh9Lamb.jpg

Snow J said:
Want it need it
I'd be happy to release a beta version of my modpack on Google Drive, if you want.

Did a bit more work on my modpack today, and I removed all the stage restrictions on 8-Player Smash, for both Normal and Omega. I haven't yet figured out how to make Custom Stages compatible with 8-Player Smash, but hopefully you can expect that soon.

Back