MK Wii: Stat bonuses are lame.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this. I know I'm not the only one who's tired of racing around 4 or 5 people playing as Funky Kong on Wi-Fi.

The character you pick shouldn't have any effect on your game, it should reflect your taste in characters and nothing more. I hope they remove the stat bonuses from the next Mario Kart.
Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining.

Your thoughts?

I seriously agree. In Mario Kart DS all characters where the same except for the heavyness and kart you chose.

I think that making the characters different is a good thing but not when two or three out of a total of 25 character roster have obvious advantages.

Funky overloads are not cool anymore.

Easmo said:
I think that making the characters different is a good thing but not when two or three out of a total of 25 character roster have obvious advantages.

That would work. They should have spread out the bonuses a little more evenly. Junior got screwed over in that department. :(

Easmo said:
Funky overloads are not cool anymore.

They never were. ;)

Dashell said:
I've always prefered MK:DS' character specific karts to the other ones in the series. They could tweak that to make things more fair.

Agreed except for the fact that Dry bones´ dry bomber and Yoshi´s egg-1 were extremely overpowered karts. Stat-wise they didn´t look like that, but they had the best acceleration and incredibly long miniturbos: so long that they actually last like a normal mushroom. I checked the number of red arrows a mushroom puts in the touch screen in time attack mode, and when you do a miniturbo with those karts the number of arrows is the same as a mushroom. Heck you don´t even slow down off-road, as if you were using a mushroom. This is proved again when you see the staff ghost in SNES donut plains uses the dry bomber and doesn´t lose speed even if it goes off-road. At least the PAL staff ghots, I dunno if the staff times are different between versions.

And that´s just racing normally, because if we speak about snaking, you are simply forced to choose the egg-1 or the dry bomber, or you will lose by a lap.

That´s why they gave you the option to choose any kart with any character in MKDS, like they were about to release the game and "oh crap! we didn´t balance the characters! what do we do so the other 10 characters don´t get neglected?" , "just let the other characters use th dry bomber and the egg 1, and that will do!"

Julius said:
I've always prefered MK:DS' character specific karts to the other ones in the series. They could tweak that to make things more fair.
I agree.

I, a former member of the zombies, agree that MK Wii is lame. Infact, it shouldn't be called Mario Kart Wii. It should be Mario Bike Wii, becauses no one uses karts.

And really, only half the game is new. 16 new tracks, 16 old. I want 32 new tracks, dammit.

I don't think MK Wii overall is a bad game, except for the character balance issue and the rubber-band AI. Oh, and Baby Daisy, of course. ;)

Master Lucario said:
It should be Mario Bike Wii, because no one uses karts.
I do. They just take practice.

Master Lucario said:
And really, only half the game is new. 16 new tracks, 16 old. I want 32 new tracks, dammit.
You and everyone else. I think every character should have his or her own track. Rosalina's Comet Observatory, anyone?

Back