London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
I got an avatar that I found and wanted to use, but it is kind of lopsided, is there a way to modify it to make it look better?

Use an image editing program, such as Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.net (not MS Paint because it's terrible at resizing images). Where is the original image, so we know it's original dimensions? Use resize or cropping tools with the aforementioned program to scale it at an appropriate size.

I know only know the dimensions, they are 480 × 360. That may be the problem as the size kind of squeezes it, I had the same problem back in March, albeit with a John Dever photo. I don't own a PC so I can't resize it myself.

MT9RhY4.png

Try this

The maximum dimensions for images is 100x100, the image you're using exceeds that in terms of width.

It's actually 125 x 125 if he wants to make it a little bigger but yeah, same stuff applies

Turboo said:
It's actually 125 x 125 if he wants to make it a little bigger but yeah, same stuff applies

I get it, is there any way to make it within size as it is lopsided still, but not as bad as it was. I don't want it to exceed the 100 x 100 standards. Although Russian Baby Luigi gave me a new one, it may still be outside of the threshold.

You have to resize so it stays proportional to the restricted dimensions, or else, it would be resized to fit the box as defined 125x125, the auto process does not pay attention to proportions, this is the problem, hence why you need image editing software to properly resize your image so it fits the limitations.

I thought that image resizing could be used the same way as you do with signatures. But I'm out of luck since I don't have a PC to resize it. It is a bummer.

The signature uses BBCode, which you can use to manually set the width and height, but avatars are different since it just takes the raw image.

I could go ahead and resize it for you (or crop it, if you need be), I'd just need the original image.

Well bump. I have tried another avatar and I have the same problems I had with the old one. I don't have access to my PC as I sent it of for repairs yesterday so I can't resize it myself. The image that is the problem is this:

images

Striker Luigi said:
If are using a Windows computer, use snipping tool to get it to the dimensions you would like.

I said that I sent of my PC for repairs, so I couldn't do it. But nevermind for this as I asked Lord Bowser to do it for me.

I could use with a redraw of my character, anyone know any good commissioners I could pay to draw the Archagent himself?

Back