MarioWiki Banned

Don't know if anyone cares, but the Mariowiki can no longer be reached by school computers (not mine, anyway) I can get onto the forum, but when I try the wiki.....zip. I think this is shockingly unreasonable, and am going to try to find a way to get them to unblock it (it's a WIKI!!!! It's educational, if anything!) but.... :?

I know there's a site to get around those, I just don't remember the name. x_x When I think of it, I'll be sure to tell you. ^^

EDIT:: I didn't find it, but I did find another one that works.
Try letmeby.com. Just type in "mariowiki.com" and click "Begin Browsing". It'll have a bit of an effect on the page, but not much.

If that doesn't work, you could always view the Cached version of the site. (Go to google and search for the MarioWiki. When you find it, click on "Cached" next to "www.mariowiki.com/ - 19k -". It'll bring you to a slightly different version that should work.

Enjoy!

Really! Cool. Thanks, hc.

Try Mozilla. At my high school, the blocks only work on Internet Explorer. HOWEVER, be sure that you won't get in trouble, as it is considered by some to be minor vandalism. (!!) I also noticed a string of blocks that followed sites I found and went to during my free time. These were flash game site mostly, and I don't think there was anything bad on them, but they were blocked anyway. Weird, huh?

Oh, if you do go to one of those bypass or proxy sites (like letmeby.com), be sure to clear the computer's history. Don't want snoopy librarians or teachers to catch you.. ;)

I don't think the staffseses at my school care enough.

Technically the wiki is a gaming site. If you had to fill out "which category does this site fall under best?" it would be something like Gaming, which schools aim to ban.

Really. :( this site is my LIFE! literaly. :tumble: Without it, i'd go :bobomb: !!!

This site is only a portion of my life. Besides the whole "real world" thing -- you know, school, family, friends, stuff like that -- I've got several other sites that I regularly go to, as well as my PaintShop Pro to fiddle with. ;3

Um.. yeah.
But this is a really, really big part of my life.

Know where I can get a life like yours? :shifty:

??? like who's??? like mine??? OK... uh... eat lotsa junk... sleep a lot... eat more... :lol: :lol:

Ugh...none of these works. The cached version and letmeby.com are blocked as well.

If those are blocked too (wow, tough school district. D=) then I'll have to go with Monty on this one, now. ;P

Why do you need to go on the Wiki during school? Is it that important that you'll die if you don't see a pixilized plumber through the school day? D:

Luigi hc said:
If those are blocked too (wow, tough school district. D=) then I'll have to go with Monty on this one, now. ;P

Why do you need to go on the Wiki during school? Is it that important that you'll die if you don't see a pixilized plumber through the school day? D:

A. yes. I even have a lucky Mario-shaped rock.

B. You can't even get on Wikipedia!!!

C. Or any Wiki!!!!

D. and what if... what if... uh... ...

Max2 said:
Luigi hc said:

It's no that, but I have nothing else to do, and it ends up being a waste of free time. All the other kids are content to look at pictures of shoes all day...... Anyway it's not urgent or anything. Thanks for your help, and I guess this topic can be locked now.

Don't block this topic!!! It might come in handy somewhere along the line!!!

Yeah! And also, my brother once tried to get around a similar situation; he mentioned something called www.bitty.com, which apparently didn't work. When I asked them about any other ways to get past school blocks, I got a bunch of technobabbling, and they only thing I managed to translate was "use Google language preferences to translate English to English", or something like that. I don't know if it'll work, either.

At least u guys have a LIBRARY with COMPUTERS that have INTERNET ACCESS. IN my school we don't really have a library and the only computers we have r in the IT lab and 2 my knowledge has no internet access and the GOV of my country has NO EXCUSE
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back