• No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
So I decided to do a poll about a genre of music, Country music. I wanted to hear other's opinions about this genre of music.

It's not the genre I listen to the most, but I do like some country-rock. It's kind of hard to like or dislike a huge genre when you're bound to like several subsets or even mere singles. It's like disliking metal or classical or rap when they all just have their shares of a rich diversity of subgenres.

I seem to go to the roots of Country like Hank Williams Sr., Country Rock, Outlaw Country, and Neotraditional Country.

I don't really listen to it much anymore but I'll enjoy it if I hear it. My dad listened to (and even performed) country music so it was something we listened to a lot when I lived with him in Oklahoma.

I wouldn't paint a genre with such a broad stroke. I had similar notions about say, rap music but it turns out there's quite a few rap music that I love. Same with Pop, R&B, and...well a bunch of other music that I'd thought I'd dislike because I heard a song I didn't care for in there.

I don't listen to much country music, granted, as it's not one of my favorite genres nor is it one I'm familiar wth. The only country artist I'm very familiar with is Johnny Cash. I do like Ring of Fire and that one song that appeared in Kill Bill vol 2 that I forgot the name of.

Probably my least-listened to genre but I like Dolly Parton and the Cyrus-es (Billy-Ray and Miley - the latter obviously not being pure country but still has a few songs in the style). My Mum used to listen to Patsy Cline a lot though I didn't like her much. XD

For me I was only into Gospel, until this song made me like Country Music. It was in 2006. Before then I didn't like country music.

Back