Identifying locations using low-quality footage

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
To make a long story short, the PC version of Mario is Missing! has video files that show locations that aren't in-game. I want to identify all of them, but it's hard to do that with footage meant to run on a 1993 PC. The following YouTube playlist shows every video that I have not been able to pinpoint; I can't offer much information other than that the V39 videos definitely show Hong Kong (thanks to a thread on another site). To make things absolutely clear, these videos depict real landmarks that exist somewhere in the world. I appreciate any help!

Edit: 42 has been identified as Lima, Peru - thanks, Tucky!

Edit 2: The thread on the other site helped out; 44 has been identified as Helsinki, Finland, and 43 is suspected to be Iraq as Tucky thought. The only complete anomaly is 40.

The only I could identify is 42A, which is definitely Mexico (so I guess 42B is too?). I don't recognize the specific locations but I'll look into it.

EDIT: I should be embarrassed lol 42A is the Peruvian Governmental Palace.

Hobbes said:
The only I could identify is 42A, which is definitely Mexico (so I guess 42B is too?). I don't recognize the specific locations but I'll look into it.

EDIT: I should be embarrassed lol 42A is the Peruvian Governmental Palace.
A bit of Googling makes me think that 42B is the Plaza Mayor. Thank you very much!

V12C looks like the Forbidden Palace from China.

V18C is probably the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, since that's the most famous suspension bridge in the world.

V38D is definitely a Gothic-style cathedral, and France is a hugely likely candidate.

V37D looks like the Alexander Column in St. Petersburg but not quite it....I don't see the Winter Palace in the background either.

V30A is Marrakesh (Jemaa el-Fna, the main market in the city). V30B is Koutobia Mosque in Marrakesh.

V35D is Wat Arun in Bangkok. 35A looks like Wat Phra Kaew.

All of you guys have been a great help! With the help of the other site, the playlist now only has five unrecognized videos: 36D (confirmed to be in Manila, Philippines, thanks to the other videos with the same number), 39B (Hong Kong), 40A (Jakarta, Indonesia), 43C (probably Baghdad, Iraq), and 44A (recognized as Suomenlinna).

Hobbes said:
It's not Notre Dame de Paris.
It's the Notre-Dame in Montreal, actually.

yeah thats the one i meant obviously

i did a presentation on canadian architecture in school once

Back