Game Development

I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.

Stooben Rooben said:
I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.
cool. what platform?

its really only possible to make a homebrew console game if you hack your console, I think.

Sushiario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
cool. what platform?

its really only possible to make a homebrew console game if you hack your console, I think.
I modded my PS2.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Sushiario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
cool. what platform?

I modded my PS2.
:eek: cool

I'm making a Warcraft III mod called "Pancake Eating Contest". Pancakes just appear out of nowhere and you compete about taking as many as possible while avoiding dangers, such as that lava over there. I don't think it's very comfy.

I wish modding my Wii would be easy as modding a PS2. Nintendo takes copying precautions, like that tiny game disc for the gamecube. thus, gamecube I think is harder to make homebrew for.

Anyone know C/C++ here?

Sushiario said:
I wish modding my Wii would be easy as modding a PS2. Nintendo takes copying precautions, like that tiny game disc for the gamecube. thus, gamecube I think is harder to make homebrew for.

Anyone know C/C++ here?
Um, lol. Gamecubes are easier to modify than PS2s. :p

I know a little bit of C++, but only what I learned while in college. ...At least until I had to move. >_<

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Sushiario said:

Anyone know C/C++ here?
Um, lol. Gamecubes are easier to modify than PS2s. :p
Really? I didn't think that. I learnt something new today! :)
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
I know a little bit of C++, but only what I learned while in college. ...At least until I had to move. >_<
Same here, I know a little C++, but I found it seriously hard and boring. I used to program in a programming language called BASIC, which is, very basic.

¥ø$@®!ø said:
Anyone know C/C++ here?

C++ was my first programming language, I know a ton of it. But you don't want to make a game in C++ unless you're a masochist.

I made a game in C++, with DirectX. Probably the most horrible thing I have ever done. Over nine thousand lines of code, all of it commented with profanity.

Use Blitz3D. It's incredibly easy to learn.

Back