Game Development

Yoshario

King Bowser
I am very interested in it. I'm quite the amateur programmer.

I wish I had a Wii Dev Kit :P
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Stooben Rooben said:
I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.
cool. what platform?

its really only possible to make a homebrew console game if you hack your console, I think.
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Sushiario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.
cool. what platform?

its really only possible to make a homebrew console game if you hack your console, I think.
I modded my PS2.
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Sushiario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I once made an entire Guitar Hero game to my liking. I themed it to revolve around the Beatles; old concert clips of them would play in the background.
cool. what platform?

its really only possible to make a homebrew console game if you hack your console, I think.
I modded my PS2.
:eek: cool
 

Smiddle

Power Star
I'm making a Warcraft III mod called "Pancake Eating Contest". Pancakes just appear out of nowhere and you compete about taking as many as possible while avoiding dangers, such as that lava over there. I don't think it's very comfy.
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
I wish modding my Wii would be easy as modding a PS2. Nintendo takes copying precautions, like that tiny game disc for the gamecube. thus, gamecube I think is harder to make homebrew for.

Anyone know C/C++ here?
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Sushiario said:
I wish modding my Wii would be easy as modding a PS2. Nintendo takes copying precautions, like that tiny game disc for the gamecube. thus, gamecube I think is harder to make homebrew for.

Anyone know C/C++ here?
Um, lol. Gamecubes are easier to modify than PS2s. :p

I know a little bit of C++, but only what I learned while in college. ...At least until I had to move. >_<
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Sushiario said:
I wish modding my Wii would be easy as modding a PS2. Nintendo takes copying precautions, like that tiny game disc for the gamecube. thus, gamecube I think is harder to make homebrew for.

Anyone know C/C++ here?
Um, lol. Gamecubes are easier to modify than PS2s. :p
Really? I didn't think that. I learnt something new today! :)
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
I know a little bit of C++, but only what I learned while in college. ...At least until I had to move. >_<
Same here, I know a little C++, but I found it seriously hard and boring. I used to program in a programming language called BASIC, which is, very basic.
 

Ell Oh Ell

Monty Mole
Banned User
¥ø$@®!ø said:
Anyone know C/C++ here?
C++ was my first programming language, I know a ton of it. But you don't want to make a game in C++ unless you're a masochist.

I made a game in C++, with DirectX. Probably the most horrible thing I have ever done. Over nine thousand lines of code, all of it commented with profanity.

Use Blitz3D. It's incredibly easy to learn.
 
Top