Why does rosalina never do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardograd2

Cheep Cheep
The most that she did was let mario use her starships portal-cannon-things. As the ruler of space, and basically a god, she would have the power to prevent all the conflict in the mario universe.

>opens marioboards
>new tardograd thread

this is what bliss feels like

Can we talk about the question?

She was never said to be a goddess. People just assumed that.

Mcmadness said:
I never called her her a godess

Then what the hell does "basically a god" supposed to mean?

Unless you think there is some difference between god and goddess, which there isn't beyond one being male and the other being female.

Also she's not the ruler of space either.

I kinda just assumed that the Star Spirits/Guards were higher up on the divine food chain.

I'm not quite certain being one of central characters of Mario Galaxy 1 is the same as "never do(ing) anything".

Camwoodstock said:
I'm not quite certain being one of central characters of Mario Galaxy 1 is the same as "never do(ing) anything".
But she just let mario onto her spaceship, and helped reset the world.

Mcmadness said:
Then what the hell does "basically a god" supposed to mean?
That she is as powerful as a god
Mcmadness said:
Also she's not the ruler of space either.
You would think, in a world so primitive that artificial fire may not exist outside of science fiction, that everyone would secure every cubic yoctometer they could defend.

She doesn't not do anything. She also kart races, goes golfing, and joins parties. She even joins the adventure in 3D World were her spin jump is rather helpful. AND she's in Smash.

Nothing claimed she's the ruler of space or a god/goddess, she's more of a guardian. Rosalina's pretty much a lost girl who decided to hang around with Mario once they became friends. Still, she's not exactly protecting the cosmos by playing tennis matches.

Her job is more taking care of lumas so they become planets and shit more than anything else.

She's also not really all that powerful. She has some magic capability but it's telling she wasn't able to fend off Bowser.

Mcmadness said:
she wasn't able to fend off Bowser.
When did that happen?

tardograd2 said:
As the ruler of space, and basically a god, she would have the power to prevent all the conflict in the mario universe.

The gods are not servants of mortals. They are not obligated to intervene in petty earthly affairs, or solve all of their problems.

If we assume Rosalina to be a god, she lend her aid to Mario once, because Bowser was specifically interfering with her domain. It's not her duty to help Mario or his world beyond that, and she shouldn't be expected to.

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
tardograd2 said:
As the ruler of space, and basically a god, she would have the power to prevent all the conflict in the mario universe.

The gods are not servants of mortals. They are not obligated to intervene in petty earthly affairs, or solve all of their problems.

If we assume Rosalina to be a god, she lend her aid to Mario once, because Bowser was specifically interfering with her domain. It's not her duty to help Mario or his world beyond that, and she shouldn't be expected to.
The mushroom kingdom's planet is in her 'land'.

Alex95 said:
When he attacked and stole the Power Stars from the Comet Observatory.

And in the sequel where his giant head castle is sucking up the energy of the comet like a vacuum.

Mcmadness said:
how dare you imply the BEST character in gaming isn't a goddess
she even has a backstory

tardograd2 said:
Fumikage Tokoyami said:
tardograd2 said:

The mushroom kingdom's planet is in her 'land'.

When I said domain, I meant her godly sphere, not the physical location.

But anyway, let me answer your question with a counter-question:

Your backyard, or whatever strip of nature that is currently nearest to you, is most likely housing several myriads of ants. As a human, you possess the ability to instantly absolve them of any need to hunt for food, just by feeding them. In fact it is entirely within your power to dedicate your entire existence to the protection of these ants, so that they may never have to endure hardship ever again.

Why aren't you doing that?

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
Your backyard, or whatever strip of nature that is currently nearest to you, is most likely housing several myriads of ants. As a human, you possess the ability to instantly absolve them of any need to hunt for food, just by feeding them. In fact it is entirely within your power to dedicate your entire existence to the protection of these ants, so that they may never have to endure hardship ever again.

Because that requires more than thinking away the problem, and I am not an ant.

tardograd2 topic

tardograd2 said:
Fumikage Tokoyami said:

Because that requires more than thinking away the problem, and I am not an ant.

If we follow your "I'm not an ant" logic then rosalina shouldn't help a country mostly made out of toads since she isn't one.

Ksiorze said:
If we follow your "I'm not an ant" logic then rosalina shouldn't help a country mostly made out of toads since she isn't one.
The main problems are that bowser keeps kidnapping peach, and rosalina is the same type of thing as peach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back