How did you find this website?

11 years ago (on this day), I was editing Wookieepedia when I noticed that a user had announced he was leaving for the Super Mario Wiki. I checked out the website, and, liking what I saw, I signed up.

I didn't do much my first week, but after some frustrations with Wookieepedia, I began to look elsewhere for a website be apart of. I began editing at a high rate, and this was noticed in one of the first editions of the 'Shroom where I was named the most active new user. That type of encouragement was never given to me on Wookieepedia, so I continued and eventually became a sysop.

Today, I'm not what I used to be in terms of activity, but I still love this place and consider it my internet home.

Oh, and fun fact: The user who (indirectly) introduced me to this place was banned in 2009 for vandalism.

I was a member of a different Mario forum called The Mario Forums. Someone advertised their site on there and I gave it a look. At this new forum I started a conversation with a member named Phantom L because she had an Ace Attorney avatar and I was an Ace Attorney fan. Turns out we were already Tumblr mutuals XD

In any case, she had her own forum and I gave that a look. All the members there were originally from here, so I also joined here. 4 years on and still around.

I used the MarioWiki to read information since I was like, 10 however a few years later in like 2013 or 2014 I discovered the 'Shroom and started reading the issues regularly. Eventually I started checking out the people who wrote the sections I enjoyed which is how I learned about the community behind the Mario wiki. I also found this website through the 'Shroom but didn't get around to making an account until recently.

I found this website yesterday, I joined a few hours ago. I wasn't happy being at Serene's Forest because of mods that are harsh. I decided to join since this site has friendly mods.

Back