Why is Paper Mario 2 so epic?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Great storyline, epic battle system, lots of enemies and items, battles are pretty tough, lots of extras, good partners...I could go on for a while.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Not as good as the original IMO, although I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people who think that (even the most retro gamer I know prefers TTYD).
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Smartass27 said:
Not as good as the original IMO, although I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people who think that (even the most retro gamer I know prefers TTYD).
Paper Mario 1 isn't as good for many many reasons:
PM2 has better graphics
PM2 has a better storyline
PM2 has more replay value
PM2 just pwns PM1
Yes, I have played Paper Mario 1 many, many times, and I had a blast, but I prefer TTYD. And thats coming from someone who plays alotta old skool mario.
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Smartass27 said:
Not as good as the original IMO, although I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people who think that (even the most retro gamer I know prefers TTYD).
My opinion may change once I play that. It seems really f***ing awesome.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Stooben Rooben said:
Great storyline, epic battle system, lots of enemies and items, battles are pretty tough, lots of extras, good partners...I could go on for a while.
I think this pretty much sums it up.
 

Zeltrax

The Enclave will rise again
Stooben Rooben said:
Great storyline
As far as RPG's go, its a standard story, but since its Mario, its good.
The villain being manipulated by a higher power is very common in RPG's (See Final Fantasy 4 for details) but that's not to say its bad, its just predictable.
However, since the plot of most Mario games is basically, Bowser kidnaps Peach, go get her back, its nice that the RPG series makes things interesting.
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
I like TTYD better because the partners in teh party have more of a role since they are the most important part of the game for me.
 

Luigifreak

OH YEAH!!! WALUIGI TIME!!!!
YOU DARE QUESTION THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS GAME!!!!!!! I SHALL BURN YOU TO A CRISP WITH FIRES FROM ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowser: :rolleyes: Anyway, the thing that caught my eye was the massive amount of secrets and collectibles, that made this game have astounding replay value. oh and also see my reviw on Aprils? edition of the shroom.
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Luigifreak said:
YOU DARE QUESTION THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS GAME!!!!!!! I SHALL BURN YOU TO A CRISP WITH FIRES FROM ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowser: :rolleyes: Anyway, the thing that caught my eye was the massive amount of secrets and collectibles, that made this game have astounding replay value. oh and also see my reviw on Aprils? edition of the shroom.
I agree. I replayed this game 4 times!!!!! 4!!!! That may not be a lot to some of you, but it is for me. I love getting Baby Yoshi, and Vivian. The only part I could do without is fighting Grodus, Bowser, and Kammy koopa right in a row. We should get a heart refill or something before we fight Bowser because stupid Kammy Koopa gives herself as well as Bowser lives. The Shadow Queen is a very interesting battle and the best boss battle IMO in the whole Mario series. That is another reason why TTYD is so epic.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
This topic angers me to no end. The original was better in pretty much every way.

*raises flame shield*
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
This topic angers me to no end. The original was better in pretty much every way.

*raises flame shield*
Then start a topic about how the original is better.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
This topic angers me to no end. The original was better in pretty much every way.

*raises flame shield*
Then start a topic about how the original is better.
We don't need to create new topics to explain such things like you did.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
This topic angers me to no end. The original was better in pretty much every way.

*raises flame shield*
*agrees* The original was better in many ways, especially in the music department. TTYD was pretty damn good, though.
 

maledict

Hammer Bro.
I PM" is a very epic game, but I won't say that is better than PP1 because each one has something very good that the other hasn't, for example, PM has more dificulty, both on puzzles and battles, since PM2, despite that the enemies are much stronger, it's easier to find ultra shrooms and other good items, and the improved battle sistem overpowered mario and some of his partners have overpowered moves as well (fiery jinx :cof:), but that game also has an improved and a more dark story, so, I can't say what PM is better
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
IMO no MArio games are epic...

I think it makes me a false Mario fan like that one guy...
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Lario said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
This topic angers me to no end. The original was better in pretty much every way.

*raises flame shield*
Then start a topic about how the original is better.
We don't need to create new topics to explain such things like you did.
What do you mean?
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Lario said:
IMO no MArio games are epic...

I think it makes me a false Mario fan like that one guy...
Then why are you here?
It's because I've been here for a long time.

In response to your other post: We might as well make topics on everything in the Mario games...
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Lario said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Lario said:
IMO no MArio games are epic...

I think it makes me a false Mario fan like that one guy...
Then why are you here?
It's because I've been here for a long time.

In response to your other post: We might as well make topics on everything in the Mario games...
The first one i was just kidding and the second one, I don't understand.
 
Top