Minigames for the nxt Mario Party 9

Toad48

Dry Bowser
What minigames do you think are going to be in Mario Party 9?

I hope Nintendo don't make a new MP game.
The last one was terrible and in my opinion, the last good MP game was waaay back on the Gamecube with Mario Party 4.

Its just getting very repetitive now, there's not much variety between games anymore since every idea has been used.

In Mario Party 8, the best minigame is King of the Thrill. That could make a comeback in Mario Party 9.

Free Loader said:
I think Mario Party 9 2 would be a great game! It's not like we've seen Mario Party 9 1 yet, but I'm sure it'll be a great game with how long it's taking, and it will be worthy of a sequel.
LOL...

There should be some sort of mini-game where they run away from RABID Goombas...

If I were a game designer, who controls the Mario Party series, I rather revamp the series entirely... this and there. Not just the mini-games, it includes the boards, the spaces, pretty much everything. For the mini-games, I would love to change the mini-games entirely, just for me to think very carefully. ;o

It's like this, take Mushroom Mix or Hexagon Heat for example. I would rather use the simple concept and expand the gameplay more, perhaps increasing replayability, w/o pushing too much luck inside.

How...? Well first, I have to change how the players would win actually. That might kill the simplistic touch but it may be worth it. I'll set the total of how much the players will win during the mini-game, like the default three. ;o Here comes the fun part, during the mini-game, there are things called events; and it's like changing the gameplay a bit without overdoing it. Here are some examples...

*Normal (N icon), obviously it's self-explanatory, go the glowing area that remains afloat and avoid going towards the floor/water/flames.
*Fragment (cracked area icon), where the floating areas would be separated to smaller pieces, and players have to go one of the four different glowing areas.
*Borders (border icon), where the sides of the areas have different heights of borders. Low jump = Less time. High jump = probably more time.

The events will change once one of the players will win the mini-game, this process repeats until the player who wins three times wins.

RAP said:
If I were a game designer, who controls the Mario Party series, I rather revamp the series entirely... this and there. Not just the mini-games, it includes the boards, the spaces, pretty much everything. For the mini-games, I would love to change the mini-games entirely, just for me to think very carefully. ;o

It's like this, take Mushroom Mix or Hexagon Heat for example. I would rather use the simple concept and expand the gameplay more, perhaps increasing replayability, w/o pushing too much luck inside.

How...? Well first, I have to change how the players would win actually. That might kill the simplistic touch but it may be worth it. I'll set the total of how much the players will win during the mini-game, like the default three. ;o Here comes the fun part, during the mini-game, there are things called events; and it's like changing the gameplay a bit without overdoing it. Here are some examples...

*Normal (N icon), obviously it's self-explanatory, go the glowing area that remains afloat and avoid going towards the floor/water/flames.
*Fragment (cracked area icon), where the floating areas would be separated to smaller pieces, and players have to go one of the four different glowing areas.
*Borders (border icon), where the sides of the areas have different heights of borders. Low jump = Less time. High jump = probably more time.

The events will change once one of the players will win the mini-game, this process repeats until the player who wins three times wins.
Is Mushroom Mix and Hexagon Heat minigames or what?

Yes, both of them are actual mini-games. I'm just using them as an example for my mini-game gameplay concept. ;o

Back