Project: Banners

I think the text should be larger, and also saved as a png rather than a jpg. And if the theme is Mario Party, I believe the text should have shape patterns in it, like with the MP logos. Other than that, it checks out.

P.E: Oh, you already made the stuff bigger. My bad.

I'll revise my banner idea soon.

I like the nongradient one better. The dark blue / violet in the gradient one doesn't contrast well with the background, but it's not a problem with the nongradient one.

The reason I proposed that we used this artwork was because Mario would be saying like: Hey! Let's-a-choose this article and make it featured!

I don't want to be painted as a perfectionist, but I don't like the jaggedness of the text. Is there any way you can render this (as in the title ONLY) with vectors rather than pixels?

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't want to be painted as a perfectionist, but I don't like the jaggedness of the text. Is there any way you can render this (as in the title ONLY) with vectors rather than pixels?
Unfortunately I don't know of any ways to do that; I have Illustrator on my school computer but I won't have access to it until Tuesday.

You can look up how to do certain effects in Illustrator, but I'm sure you can achieve similar results. You can use border and embossing features in there if I recall correctly.

I'd like to help but I just don't have the dedication to create new banners as much as I want to.

Yeah, what I'm saying is I'll be able to do it, just not until Tuesday, since I only have Photoshop on my personal laptop.

Place the star effect behind the logo. I also think you can overall darken the text body, such as the cyan, yellow, and blue-green

wpxhmd7.png

that looks excellent!

just a few nitpicky things; i think mario should be a little closer to the left side, and maybe center the text vertically a little more (as in, move it so it has equal distance from the top and bottom of the banner)

Nice!

Just one suggestion from me. As well as what Nyrie said, could we ensure that the "F" in the text has a little bit more space from the star?

Sure.

gSHLYOi.png

Well, since there don't seem to be any more issues, I'll go ahead and upload this.

E: Well, unless there are any more banners we haven't found, that's everything complete. Thanks all for the support!

Good work! That should be all the banners, spare the 'Shroom ones (which are the responsibility of the staff).

Unless there were any further comments or queries, I'll lock and move this topic to "completed projects".

I think banners should have a little more character variety, but eh.

It's been mentioned on the Discord that our affiliates banners are outdated, to say the least. These are not so noticeable as other banners so they completely flew under the radar here, but I think it would be good to get a new affiliates banner. Would anyone like to undertake this task?

Back