Question about the amiibo Hut in Yoshi's Woolly World

Rew

Goomba
Hey folks! It's been a while since I've been here.

So I wrote a guide for GameFAQs on Yoshi's Woolly World, which I'm currently in the process of updating. A bunch more amiibo have come out since I first wrote my guide, and according to this official Nintendo compatibility chart, most of them are compatible with this game:
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

I'm curious if many of these amiibo give you brand new Yoshi skins or just reskins of other amiibo Yoshis. So can I get anyone (who has them) to test out the following amiibo for me in the amiibo Hut and tell me what happens?
• Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
• Hammer Slam Bowser
• Chibi-Robo
• Blathers (this page listed Blathers as a compatible amiibo, but I think it's a mistake)
• Lucas
• Mega Man - Gold Edition
• Callie
• Marie
• Boo
• Daisy
• Waluigi

Also, if anyone has any of the Animal Crossing cards (series 1-4), can you check those as well? The chart shows they're compatible, but I highly doubt that's correct.

Thanks in advance--I'm too poor to go out and buy these amiibo, unfortunately!

Oh, another thing... Has anyone data-mined this game? That would also help answer my question (e.g. if "Callie Yoshi" or "Boo Yoshi" etc. exist in the game's data).

I can't imagine the Bowser or Donkey Kong Skylanders would give you a different costume than their Super Mario or Super Smash Bros. figures. The same for Mega Man Gold Edition.

Most of them that you listed, however, are compatible in that they unlock the amiibo Yoshi design (File:YWW_Amiibo_Yoshi.jpg), which is unlocked by scanning any amiibo that doesn't have a proper corresponding costume in the game and isn't based on a character that has one, such as Lucas, Chibi-Robo, or the Pokémon characters. This would also apply to any amiibo that were released after the game. The only way they would unlock a unique costume is if they were added in an update, and this game hasn't been updated.

Alternatively, here's a list of every amiibo-unlocked Yoshi design (from our list of every Yoshi pattern in the game) (List_of_Yoshi_designs_in_Yoshi%27s_Woolly_World#amiibo_Patterns).

Maybe Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World will have more costumes, and while it seems the game will be compatible with amiibo cards, nothing's actually been confirmed.

The Nintendo America amiibo site is full of inaccuracies. The JP site is fully up to date and accurate.

All the amiibo released after the game with give you the generic amiibo Yoshi, and variants will give you the original character (except Dr.Mario and Sheik)

I bet Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World will have amiibo costumes of them.

Thanks, both of you!

Yeah, the more and more I looked at it, the more inaccurate the NoA website was looking on the amiibo compatibility thing (you really think someone on that staff would've corrected those mistakes by now).

Out of curiosity, where can one look to see which version of a game on the Wii U they're playing (as well as release dates for various versions)?

Back