Paper Mario Color Splash Recut- Act 3+ (SPOILERS FOR END OF REAL GAME)

AURORA UNDERGROUND VIII
STORY

+Bowser and Jaykan finally reach the end of the Aurora Underground.
SHROOMSDAY: So...you’ve finally made it.
Shroomsday waddles up towards Bowser and Jaykan.
BOWSER: Uh, YEAH! Was there ever any doubt?
SHROOMSDAY: ...Yes. A lot, actually. We grew so tired of waiting, we’ve aimed our gaze at...other matters.
BOWSER: OK. Cut it out with the cryptic remarks! There’s a point where “mysterious” becomes “maddening”, you know!
SHROOMSDAY: Is that what you think? A wise Koopa once said “Ignorance is bliss”.
Bowser looks annoyed.
BOWSER: You cheekless little mushroom!
JAYKAN: Wait! What’s echoing through the caves...?
Bowser, Jaykan and Shroomsday look upwards. Sure enough...
SHROOMSDAY: Do you intend to fight us, plumber? And do you think we’ll allow your atrocious red attire to defeat us yet again?!
HUEY: Uh, what’s this crazy legume talking about, Mario? You’ve met Shroomsday before?
SHROOMSDAY: We have known the red one for a long time. Perhaps we should show you...
A strange sound plays.
HUEY: You can write memories into people’s minds, too!? HEY-!
Silence.
JAYKAN: It’s that really cool guy! But- you’re up there too! And you seem to be doing something you haven’t pulled on us...
Bowser realizes something.
BOWSER: ...Aw, no. Don’t tell me that you’re just-!
SHROOMSDAY: Yes- another master unit. Similar in many ways, sharing the same mind across the planet. We never had any intention of setting you free- your long journey ends here. And when we defeat that troublesome red plumber, whether or not certain “hiccups” occur, our real body will use the power of the real “Royal Stickers” to give the master signal. All our remaining master units, including this one, will then pollinate the entire planet with our mists. In time, the world will come to serve the new Eclipse Empire. We will not just be Shroomsday- we will be the world.
JAYKAN: A whole world- of Shroomsday-controlled people!? ...no! I won’t stand for it! We’ll give you a pecking and a thrashing quickly! Then we’ll hurry up there and tears those Royal Stickers- whatever they are- off your head.
BOWSER: You backstabbing- no-one makes a fool outta me! I’m gonna cook you into a frying pan! When I’m done, I’ll flip you into the garbage! AND THEN I’LL LIGHT YOU ON FIRE!
AGbrgQn.jpg

BGM- Final Boss Phase 1 (Paper Mario Color Splash [Recut])
BOWSER BOSS TIME! SHROOMSDAY II
Rec. EXP LV- 10
HP: 550
ATK: 7 x 7 (Red Royal Sticker shuriken attack), 63 (Orange Royal Sticker tendril fall), 15 x 4 (Purple Royal Sticker rhythm smack), 48 (Blue Royal Sticker spatial frost [wet]), Green Royal Sticker ally heal (heals Shroomsday’s allied enemies by 60 HP per turn), 105 (rainbow blast, used only after HP reaches under 100. One of five attacks that cannot be blocked.)
DEF: Quarters all damage (normally), -16 (after Royal Stickers and True Crown are all disabled)
MARK: Shroomsday
QUOTE 1: Behold the soon-to-be sparkling king!
QUOTE 2: No more mercy for you! Nothing can save you from our utterly fantastic power!
QUOTE 3 (after using an attack): We’re just warming up.
QUOTE 4 (near defeat): Excellent- you will prove most useful...

+When the battle begins...
SHROOMSDAY: Before we begin, allow us to borrow that worthless Partner Meter.
Shroomsday’s tendril reaches to the GamePad screen! The tendril proceeds to block out the Partner Meter!
BOWSER: Hey! Me and Jaykan were using that!
SHROOMSDAY: Does it look like we care? Every time you harm our main body, the energy that would usually go into your meter will energize us instead, at double the potency. When it’s full, you’ll take half damage from what you inflict upon us!

+After Shroomsday’s HP reaches 250 HP...
SHROOMSDAY: You still keep up the good fight, even when we remove access to your partner’s abilities. Even when we take control of you. Something has changed, since we marked you.
BOWSER: Uh-huh, keep talking. I’ll just help myself to leaving a fist-mark in your FACE!
SHROOMSDAY: ...But will you in your most loyal?
BOWSER: ...what?
Shroomsday creates two warp holes.
To Bowser and Jaykan’s shock, Kammy and Kamek emerge from the warp holes! However, they’re covered in purple energy.
BOWSER: My Magikoopas! It’s about time you released them-!
JAYKAN: Wait, Bowser! Do they seem a little, uh, purple to you?
BOWSER: Maybe Kamek does- but Kammy always looks that way.
SHROOMSDAY: Take their quarters. End their games. Force them to run out of continues. Bury them! Burn them! DESTROY THEM!
KAMMY: Your Viciousness...
KAMEK: Forgive us, Master Bowser...
Both Kammy and Kamek raise their wands.
KAMMY, KAMEK: ...but we will destroy you!
SHROOMSDAY, KAMMY, KAMEK: We will destroy you! We will destroy you!

KAMMY
HP: 200, 1 (illusions)
ATK: 35 (Yellow brick drop), 26 (magic blast), Healing (heals Shroomsday by 40 HP), Kammy illusion (creates 2 illusions of Kammy), Illusion shuffle (shuffles Kammy, Kamek and their illusions all around. Only used if there’s at least 1 of each illusion in battle alongside the originals.)
DEF: 0. Aerial (when flying on broom).
MARK: Koopaling
QUOTE 1: I’m going to cook a nice BIRD out of you, blue chick!
QUOTE 2: This is where your long journey ends!
QUOTE 3: Why didn’t we have that picnic like I wanted?!
QUOTE 4: I knew my glasses weren’t scuffed when you kept shooting those looks at us!
QUOTE 5 (after using illusion shuffle): Where, oh where, could the real Kammy be?

KAMEK
HP: 200, 1 (illusions)
ATK: 5x7 (giant sandal slap), 26 (magic blast), Power-up (increases Shroomsday’s ATK by x1.25), Kamek illusion (creates 2 illusions of Kamek), Illusion shuffle (shuffles Kamek, Kammy and their illusions all around. Only used if there’s at least 1 of each illusion in battle alongside the originals.)
DEF: 0. Aerial (when flying on broom)
MARK: Koopaling
QUOTE 1: Let’s pluck the feathers off that bird, shall we?
QUOTE 2: It’s time to pack it in and give it up.
QUOTE 3: You’ve been neglecting your royal duties, King Bowser.
QUOTE 4: I should have noticed something was unusual about you lately. Now look where we are!
QUOTE 5 (after using illusion shuffle): Did you keep your eyes on the prize, Your Wickedness?
zbcq7xk.jpg

+After defeating the Magikoopas and reducing Shroomsday to 100 HP...
SHROOMSDAY: Useless Magikoopas! They were more useful as power sources for our warp holes than they were actual wizards! And once we assert control over you again, that’s what they’ll spend the rest of their days as!

+After defeating Shroomsday...
SHROOMSDAY: No...it’s not possible. We are Shroomsday. We are perfection! We are...
Shroomsday falls backwards in surprise. As he does, his body starts tearing down the middle...
BOWSER: See? What did I tell you, Jaykan? He thought he was luring us into a trap. But he didn’t know when you fight the King of Gnarliness, you back yourself into a corner! GWAHAHAHA!
JAYKAN: I...I don’t believe it. We actually beat him! My gramps and fellow knights will be so happy when we- your Magikoopas!
BOWSER: Oh, right! We probably beat them down so bad, they’ll feel it in the morning!

+GAMEPLAY: Bowser can either walk up to Kammy and Kamek. Alternatively, he can double back into Redpepper Volcano if he needs to save the game and grind a few levels. As a last option, another Super Warphole opens leading back to Sacred Forest.

+After Bowser stops daydreaming about kidnapping the Princess and goes to speak with two of his most loyal minions...
BOWSER: Hey! You two! You waking up anytime soon, or is my buddy here gonna have to go off like an alarm clock?
JAYKAN: I’ll really do it too, you know! I have friends and family back home who’ll back it up!
KAMMY: Run...
BOWSER: Run? But we already beat that overgrown load of shroom-
KAMEK: YOUR MAJESTY! BEHIND YOU!
Bowser and Jaykan turn around. Shroomsday is standing upright- but his body’s torn down the middle.
BOWSER: Oh, you want some more of this, purple?
Shroomsday says nothing.
JAYKAN: What’s the matter, pal? Catguru got your tongue?
Shroomsday still says nothing.
BOWSER: ...uh, purple? You there-?
Suddenly, Shroomsday splits apart, revealing a dark purple blob within.
BOWSER: OK, I DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING!
SHROOMSDAY BLOB: You truly are proving quite a handful! All of this, just to control a stubborn turtle-ox who might not even be powerful enough to stand against, and could even prove a liability around Splotchleek! But you’re one of our only chances. Yet you seem keen to play the hard way. So be it...
JAYKAN: Splotchleek? Who the heck is-?!
Paint starts gravitating towards Shroomsday. Soon, a shape starts forming...
SHROOMSDAY: For now, witness our full might as we transform into our ULTIMATE shape!
JAYKAN: (horrified) ...Bowser?
BOWSER: (horrified) Yeah, Jaykan?
JAYKAN: This is gonna hurt, isn’t it?
BOWSER: Looks that way.
Eventually, a new shape is formed. Swaying before Bowser, Jaykan, Kammy and Kamek is a thinner dark rainbow-striped mushroom with shroomy hands. Like Sporepocalypse, this form of Shroomsday lacks a paper outline.
NEWCOMER! Shroomsday Core
The transformation knocks some rocks off the ceiling, landing on Kammy and Kamek.
SHROOMSDAY CORE [ i.imgur.com/ubPQbvZ.png ]: Do you peasants not understand? We will be the world. You will be us. And we will finish what the others started!

RIGGED BOWSER BOSS TIME! SHROOMSDAY CORE
HP: 1400
ATK: 36x4 (slash attack), 14x12 (spin slash), 150 (head smash), 200 (Rainbow blast. Charges up for five turns, and attacks independent of SD Core. The final attack that cannot be blocked.)
DEF: Megasparkle (All 1s)
+On turn 3, the battle ends.

+Bowser and Jaykan are exhausted.
BOWSER: SWEET MOTHER OF THE KOOPALINGS! This guy’s BUFF! Any ideas, Jaykan!?
JAYKAN: I...I have one.
Jaykan retrieves the ball she had in her feathers.
JAYKAN: Say hello to my big FRIE-
Shroomsday Core swats Jaykan away.
JAYKAN: It’s up to you, Bowser! Use what’s in the ball to-
Jaykan crashes into the rubble where Kammy and Kamek are.
SHROOMSDAY CORE: It’s such a pity...when their games end so early. But if you allow us to inhabit your mind, we’ll spare your worthless allies.
BOWSER: Are you kidding?! I care about my minions and friend a lot! That’s why I’m saying no to you, ten-eyes!
SHROOMSDAY CORE: We knew you would give us that answer. However...we weren’t offering you a CHOICE!
Bowser’s eyes glow yellow yet again. Also, he becomes stickery yet again.
SHROOMSDAY CORE: YES! It’s so invigorating to once again control you! With you by our side, Splotchleek doesn’t stand a chance. We knew you would succeed where Mario and Bowser Junior failed!
BOWSER: (purple textbox) Of course we’d out-perform Mario! Who the heck do you think we-?
Suddenly, Bowser starts losing his sticker texture.
BOWSER: (normal textbox) Hold on- what did you say about my son?! And Mario too, I guess?
BOWSER: (purple textbox) Oh, didn’t you notice? We’ve been controlling them both for a long period of time. Your son was a late addition, but we have the three of you in our grasp! Now, this world can march towards the eclipse of a new-!
BOWSER: (normal textbox) No. No. You can try overthrowing me for control of my forces- but you’re in for a world of hurt when I find out. You can take a shot at Mario just to see how strong he is- but I called dibs on him first. You can even fight me just for a chance at the king of the Koopas- but I’ll come out on top after I’m done playing around.
Bowser becomes steamed. He starts fluctuating between his normal and sticker forms.
BOWSER: (purple) WHAT?! What’s- what’s going on?! How are you breaking free of our control?!
BOWSER: But when you swat my closest minions and friends just to get my attention, weh-heh-ell, you’ve just toed dangerously close to the line. And when the minion you chose to pester IS MY SON?! NO MERCY FROM ME!! RAUUUUUUUGH!
Bowser breaks free of Shroomsday’s control!
SHROOMSDAY CORE: That’s impossible! NO-ONE’s ever escaped our lingering presence before! You ARE dangerous! What we offer you is a mercy compared to what Splotchleek would have you comm-!
BOWSER: Awwwwwww, ZIP IT! Whoever this Splotchleek guy is, I’ll burn him to a crisp! But first, I’m coming for you! And thanks to my bird buddy- my close, trusting bird buddy- I have the power to take you out!
Bowser raises his arm. He then throws the ball down, shattering it. Within the ball is...a Mega Star!
BOWSER: See you in the Prisma Times, pal - as a salad recipe!
kpcUHhe.jpg

Bowser jumps into the Mega Star. He starts changing shape.
Eventually, Bowser finishes his transformation...
NEWCOMER! Retro Bowser- i.imgur.com/mkvFkpS.png
Retro Bowser and Shroomsday Core look at each other.
SHROOMSDAY CORE: That feeble star will not save you from our power. But we shall see what the way forward is- the echoes of the past, or the callings of the future. Let us finish this the way we started- WITH US CONSTANTLY IN YOUR MIND!

BGM- Shadow Queen Final Phase (Paper Mario: TTYD)
EXTRA MODE FINAL BOSS TIME! SHROOMSDAY CORE
TMBCQlT.jpg

HP: 1400
ATK: 36x4 (slash attack), 14x12 (spin slash), 150 (head smash), 200 (Rainbow blast. Charges up for five turns, and attacks independent of SD Core. The final attack that cannot be blocked.), 12 per second (Super sudden death)
DEF: 0

+Buffs to Retro Bowser...
MAX HP +150
ATK x1.5

After dealing 1200 damage to Shroomsday Core...
SHROOMSDAY CORE: We refuse to...fall to you of...all creatures...ancient Koopa King.
Retro Bowser is still panting.
SHROOMSDAY CORE: But even your new strength has...limits.
Suddenly, Shroomsday Core refills both his and Retro Bowser’s HP to full! He also emits purple mist, quadrupling both fighters’ ATK.
Shroomsday Core then grabs Bowser with two of his arms!
SHROOMSDAY CORE: It’s time we live up to our name- and annihilate you in one final attack!
Shroomsday Core starts charging up a rainbow laser.

+GAMEPLAY: For the final part of the battle, Primal Bowser must time his hits on Shroomsday Core’s head before time runs out (40 seconds). Otherwise, game over!
+Upon beating the clock by hitting Shroomsday Core five times...
Slash!
Slash!
Whirling Fortress!
Retro Bowser grabs Shroomsday Core’s arms.
Finally, Retro Bowser breathes an intense flame upon Shroomsday Core, tearing the monstrous fungus’ body apart!

+After the battle, Retro Bowser and Shroomsday Core return to their true forms. Normal Shroomsday and Shroomsday Core’s bodies still litter the cave, though.
BOWSER: So? You feel like possessing me now, you ugly mushroom monster?! Now you know how the Mushroom Kingdom feels when I come a-knocking! GWAHAHAHAHA!
SHROOMSDAY BLOB: You fool...do you realize what you’ve done?! Now Splotchleek will be nearly unstoppable-
Suddenly, Shroomsday Blob starts disintegrating into the ceiling. His normal and Core bodies also disintegrate. Soon, more purple mist pours through the caves, heading towards the same destination.
SHROOMSDAY: ...the sorceress! She’s reinforced Shadhema’s seal! So... Shadhema will have to rule without us by her side.
Shroomsday Blob starts flying in full towards the ceiling.
BOWSER: Where you going, Shroomsday? Trouble upstairs?
SHROOMSDAY: You may have finally conquered us, King Bowser of the Koopas. However...even our great strength is a fraction, compared to what our friend, Shadhema, has on her person. She will finish what her parents started. What the Sirens kept alive. What the Musketeers believed in. What we continued. And even...what Sporepocalypse moved along. The realization- of a world-wide twilight kingdom! A kingdom without you or Splotchleek!
BOWSER: ...gwahahahaGwahahahahaGWAHAHAHAHA! Even when I beat you, you still think you got the last word in! You’re just too much! Face it- I trounced you hard! You had your chance to take my forces, and you lost. Newsflash, pal- a fraction of 0 is impossible, because it’s such a stupid number! And even if I somehow stay lost in here, Mario’s gonna wipe the floor with your little buddy! He’s nowhere as awesome or smart as I am! But from fighting you, I know- second best is still pretty strong. And I also know- that silver medal plumber going to throw a monkey wrench into your overcomplicated plan!
SHROOMSDAY: No...NO! You shall see...what world Shadhema creates! She will show that plumber his place in the world! We’ll take this com.f.or.t e.v.e.n a.s o..u..r t.i.me. i..s.. f...i...n....a....l.....l.....y....... .u...p........
Shroomsday Blob completely disintegrates into the ceiling...
Purple mist also exits Bowser’s mouth, joining the stream.
BOWSER: Awwwww...GWAHAHAHA! I feel like I’m waking up for the first time in years! Isn’t that great, guys-
Bowser realizes the obvious.
BOWSER: KAMEK! KAMMY! JAYKAN!
Bowser rushes towards the pile of rocks.
Eventually, he pulls three of his top four people out of the wreckage.
BOWSER: KAMMY! KAMEK! JAYKAN! You three alright?!
KAMMY: OUCH! When you pull on us, Your Vileness, could you ease up a bit?!
KAMEK: I must agree with Kammy on this, King Bowser. Let’s just fly out of here and...
JAYKAN: Ugh...where’s the Clubba...?
BOWSER: I’ll take those all as “yes”! Welcome back!
Catguru arrives.
JAYKAN: Catguru!
CATGURU: The young knight jousts towards the wisdom of adulthood! The purple Plague fails to appear before us. So I take it you succeeded in vanquishing it with the cure?
JAYKAN: Well, I had a lot of help from my friend- Bowser. Without him, Shroomsday would have leveled us down to pixels!
Bowser looks happy.
BOWSER: Aw, don’t mention it, kid! You’re making me blush!
Bowser then realizes something.
BOWSER: Hey, waitaminute! Shroomsday was saying something about a creep named Splotchleek! Shouldn’t we go deal with him, too?!
JAYKAN: And Shadhema- she sounds like a problem, too!
CATGURU: You are correct in learning of those names. However, it would prove wrong to catch those faces. Relax among each other, as another is putting in the hard work.
Everyone realizes the obvious.
BOWSER, JAYKAN, KAMMY, KAMEK: Mario!
CATGURU: You are most correct! Which isn’t to say there weren’t other false leads. As well as the guardian of this island. A curious fellow, whose search for knowledge will take him even further in the universe when he realizes what road he needs to leave. I shall return...you all remain, and take a breather.
Catguru vanishes his usual way.
BOWSER: So...anyone want a Koop of Coffee?
KAMMY: Nope.
KAMEK: No thank you.
JAYKAN: Nuh-uh.
BOWSER: Good. Because I...am...beat.
Bowser, Jaykan, Kammy and Kamek all faint.

+The screen fades back in.
Bowser, Jaykan, Kammy and Kamek are sleeping.
Suddenly...
????????: AUGGGGGGH!
BOWSER: Huh...wh-what the?
Without warning, Morton, Iggy, Ludwig, Wendy, Roy, Larry, Lemmy, Motley and Bowser Junior land on Bowser.
BOWSER: Watch where you’re landi- The Koopalings! Junior! And that clown! What happened up there?!
MOTLEY: Um, Y-Your Majesty, uh, I don’t uh, know how to uh, say this, but, uh, UH, UH-!
BOWSER: The words, clowny! Spit them out!
JUNIOR: What my buddy Motley’s trying to say is...everyone screwed up. The Koopalings failed to take over Prism Island! Motley couldn’t beat Mario! Shroomy tricked me the whole way through! ...And I believed everything he said.
BOWSER: You ALL failed again?! See, this is why we can’t expand the Koopa Kingdom beyond the-
Bowser realizes something. He looks towards Junior.
BOWSER: Did you- did you actually take the blame for once? And for something that really wasn’t y-? I mean, wow.
ROY: Aw, come on, Your Majesty! He’s just saying that to look as big as me or Morton, and get out of being punished. Uh, no offense, King Bowser.
Bowser Junior looks down in sadness.
BOWSER: Actually, I may have jumped the gun at slamming my hammer on you all. No-one’s getting punished this time.
MORTON: Waaaaait...you’re never this generous, unless there’s a catch. Like “You better pull your weight next time, Leston” or-
BOWSER: “Leston”…? But NO! I mean, I do expect you to work harder time, but- Look. The reason I’m not stamping my foot down this time is because...
LUDWIG: Yes, Your Majesty? Because...?
BOWSER: Because...this is kind of my fault. If I hung out with Junior more often, I could have, uh, learned more about his feelings. And then, uh, we could devise an even BETTER plan to take over the world! GWAHAHAHA!
KOOPALINGS, MOTLEY, JUNIOR: ...
BOWSER: ...And because I don’t hang out with him enough. Jaykan got me to realize that.
WENDY: Who?
BOWSER: She’s this little Jibberjay knight from another dimension. Jaykan, why don’t you say hi to...Jaykan?
Bowser and co. look around.
BOWSER: Jaykan!? Where are you, pal?
LEMMY: Perhaps the king’s been bewitched on his way here.
LARRY: A lack of certain nutrients can cause insanity. I’d recommend Tangerino Grill’s steak.
IGGY: But that could just end up as a mis-steak! AHAHAHA!
JUNIOR: Wait! What’s that over there, Pops!?
Everyone turns around. They see Jaykan heading towards a rabbit hole, with Catguru waiting.
CATGURU: I apologize for the wait, Lady Jaykan. But I don’t regret witnessing the beginning of a new celebration! Now, Sir Jibbles awaits back in Mercadia. And it was so nice on Prism Island- now I can understand the insanity of the Blight King.
JAYKAN: Yeah, I...guess.
Jaykan slowly continues towards the portal, saddened.
BOWSER: H-h-hey! Jaykan, WAIT!
Jaykan turns around.
JAYKAN: Yes, Bowser?
BOWSER: ....uhhhhhhh...
Jaykan starts drooping. She then continues on her way.
KAMEK: ...I can’t believe I’m saying this.
KAMMY: What, Kamek?
KAMEK: Master Bowser, permit sticking my nose in places it doesn’t belong. But I think there’s words you wish to say to this young lady, and I don’t need to be able to see into your mind to know this. And there’s a chance you may never see her ever again. If you don’t speak what needs to be said, you may spend the rest of your lives regretting it.
vbfYW8x.jpg

Bowser fumbles around. He then turns towards the direction Jaykan was heading in. As Jaykan walks into the rabbit hole...
BOWSER: JAYKAN!? ...good-bye, buddy. You weren’t a minion to me, but a really good friend. Spending time with you got me to realize what I should have done with Junior more often. I also know now it’s OK to show a little mercy. And even though you said you needed me, the truth is...I needed you.
Bowser turns back towards his minions.
WENDY: ...King Bowser?
BOWSER: Let’s leave this tunnel and never come back.
LUDWIG: Agreed. I’ve had enough of colors, as is.
The Koopalings, Magikoopas and Motley all leave. Junior follows them. As Bowser is about to leave, though...
??????: Thank you, Bowser. Good-bye to you, too.
BOWSER: !
Bowser turns around. To his relief, Jaykan is happily poking out the rabbit hole.
IWvrWFr.jpg

BOWSER: You know what? Not good-bye.
uZf2Wzt.jpg

BOWSER, JAYKAN: Until next time.
Jaykan re-enters the rabbit hole. The rabbit-hole then vanishes.
JUNIOR: She was a good pal, wasn’t she, Pops?
Bowser turns around. He sees Junior.
BOWSER: Yeah. Yeah she was, son.
JUNIOR: So...what do you want to do now?
BOWSER: ...you know, I heard Larry blab something about a Tangerino Grill. Why don’t all twelve of us head there?
JUNIOR: Last one there pays the bill. If we don’t scare the owners, that is!
BOWSER: Gwahahaha! It’s a race, son!
Bowser and Junior run out of the Aurora Underground together, happy.
e0vlIjf.jpg

PAPER BOWSER COLOR SMASH CREDITS
BGM- Paper Bowser Color Smash Credits Medley
+CS: Prisma Splash (0:00- 0:30)
+PM64: Bowser’s theme- Bowser, Red Koopas
+CS: Thing- Recorder- Jaykan, Catguru
+TTYD: Bowsery Mario Bros.- Kammy, Kamek
+SPM: Bowser Battle- Wario, Waluigi, Kidd
+CS: Koopalings’ Castle Factory- The Koopalings, Mottley, Koopatrols
+TTYD: Bowser Battle- Retro Bowser, Bowser Junior
+StSt: Supreme Sparkling King- Aace, Shroomsday Core, Splotchleek
+CS: Prisma Splash (6:37- 7:40)

PAPER MARIO COLOR SPLASH RECUT- POST SHROOMSDAY CORE
PORT PRISMA

STORY

+A new piece of mail arrives at the post office.

…
…
…
Feel the gift of the black paint.
…

MARIO GOT THE “ANOTHER” KEY ITEM!
Description: What if Shroomsday didn't stop Bowser heading to Prisma Fountain…?

+In the middle of town, a new Banner appears.
ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW: Defeated Shroomsday Core with Retro Bowser.

DARK BLOO INN VII (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
STORY/GAMEPLAY

+Return to the new room with the pod. By giving the “Another” as a sample...
POD: SAMPLE ACCEPTED. TIMESPACE POD FUNCTIONS UNLOCKED. PLEASE CHOOSE WHO YOU WISH TO RE-ENGAGE IN COMBAT WITH.

EX BOSS TIME! BLACK BOWSER
keg1IZ0.jpg

LOCATION- Koopalings’ Castle Throne Room
BGM- Final Boss Phase 1 (Paper Mario Color Splash [Recut]); Blackout (Paper Mario: Color Splash [Recut])
HP: 1250
MARK: Splotchleek
+This is the Black Bowser fight from the actual game. The only changes are those carried over from the Splotchleek Bossblob battle (Huey taking 14 hits instead of 11, the partners getting dialogue, etc.). Black Bowser doesn't use any timespace shenanigans, either.
+Upon reaching 1000 HP, Black Bowser unleashes his desperation attack. If Mario fails, Bowser regains 100 HP.

+For defeat Black Bowser, Mario obtains the Black Paint Cape Artifact.
+For defeating all EX Bosses, a new banner unfurls near Prisma Fountain.
EXTENDED EPIC: Defeated all extra opponents in Dark Bloo Inn.

ARTIFACT
Black Paint Cape

Slots: 3
Effect: Halves the damage from Shroomsday and Splotchleek-marked enemies and bosses.

100 PERCENT ENDING
REQUIREMENTS

+Earn all 8 of the Banners.
+Fill the Museum.
+Clear Paper Bowser Color Smash.
+Defeat Splotchleek Bossblob after doing the above.

+Whether or not Mario goes for 100%, defeating Shroomsday Core reveals the silhouettes from before unlocking Color Smash.
xw5ebn4.jpg

+Rather than what actually happens in the game, there are just descending constellations of all the partners in the sky. In order of illumination...
+Edwin
+Louis
+Marirana
+Nya
+Kidd
+O'Chunks
+Toadsworth
+Jaykan
+No-one...for 10 seconds. Eventually...
21Gyusi.jpg

...Huey's figure lights up in the stars.

---

Well, that was the DMZ take on Paper Mario: Color Splash. Holy smokes, that took a long time. From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone who read through to the end for doing so.

Despite what it may look like, I hope Nintendo keeps the series going anyways, and completely removes all the non-tech, non-budget based limitations. I also hope they completely think through the game mechanics they come up with in the future. Finally, I wish the producers of the 9th gen Paper Mario games are far more profound in their ideals and views than Kensuke Tanabe and Risa Tabata were.

As a parting gift…

Paper Mario!
Swing your arms, from side to side! Come on, it’s time to play Paper Mario!
Take one step- and then again! Let’s play Paper Mario, altogether now!

You got it! Paper Mario!

Paper Mario!
Swing your arms, from side to side! Come on, it’s time to play Paper Mario!
Take one step- and then again! Let’s play Paper Mario, altogether now!

Come on now! Just like THAAAT!

YeEeRPl.jpg

Back