Conjectural naming and glitch pages

CM30

Koopa Troopa
Is there a reason we have the 'this name is conjectural' thing on glitch pages?

Because with maybe one or two exceptions, glitches are pretty much never named by the development company. No one at Nintendo say, goes through Super Mario 64 speedrun videos and starts naming the glitches shown in them, because it's not something the company would be interested in doing. Indeed, unless a glitch hits the mass media and somehow gets a response from Nintendo PR (like the Minus World or Pokemon's Missingno), it will never get an official name.

So yeah, I think we should drop the conjectural text thing from these pages. It looks ugly, and is pretty much completely pointless in 99.99% of cases.

it is pretty dumb, yeah

I'd say go ahead. It looks rather messy to be honest.

I completely agree. The sections on glitch pages should be read as a descriptor, rather than trying to appear as a proper title.

Per all of you guys

I am interested in whether we should also apply this requirement to the names of the planets of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Is there a possibility that planets have names (Prima Guides or other possible sources) ? Otherwise, we could do the same and remove them or there would be the possibility that Nintendo could name them?

Prima doesn't list planet names, and no official publication I know does, otherwise we'd have them a long time ago.

There are "official' names for planets though. They all have filenames, meaning the developers themselves named the planet models one way or another. They do get a bit weird, like having names such as "Van-Van Vanish Lv2 Zone" and "Star Dust Rolling Step A", but sometimes we do get namey names like Ocean Pudding Planet and Yoshi Head Planet (one of the few conjectural names shared with official file names.

Baby Luigi said:
Prima doesn't list planet names
That's not technically true. Though they're few and far between, there are a handful of original names between all of the "Planet A"s and "Planet B"s. I'm not sure if they count as planet names, exactly, but to use Honeyhive Galaxy as an example, Starting Planet (Honeyhive_Galaxy#Starting_Planet) is "Main Kingdom", Flower Planet (Honeyhive_Galaxy#Flower_Planet) is "Tall Flowers", Hat Planets (Honeyhive_Galaxy#Hat_Planets) are simply "Tower", and Bugaboom Planet (Honeyhive_Galaxy#Bugaboom_Planet) is "Buggy Lair". There are a few other scattered examples, but Honeyhive probably has the most "named" planets.

Back