Why did you join the wiki?

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Pretty simple. Why did you join the wiki? What was the main reason for joining?

I joined to make a incorrect edit of the Fortune Street page. Or at least, that was my first edit. I joined two months prior to that, but I don't entirely remember why. I guess I just wanted to be a part of a Mario community.

I had a forum account before I joined the wiki and I think i signed up on there to sign up for a presentation or something

I joined to vote in Featured Images and to boost my ego by excessively editing my userspace as well as talking to other users and do anything except edit articles (aside from the early minor Graffiti Runner, Toy Field, Lean Mean Ravine, etc edits). Gradually I became more involved, like maybe two months or so later I got involved with bigger projects and less userspace editing.

Before I joined, I was lurking the site for quite some time. I remember when the site still had "creative" headers for game appearances, like Waluigi's "Dancing His Way To Defeat" being a header for Dance Dance: Revolution: Mario Mix. I remember seeing one of Dippy's old proposals on the main page, when we used to display proposals on it. I still vaguely remember the old logo being in use, the one with Super Mario All-Stars Mario sprite on grass. So I guess I could say I was technically around since June 2008, just lurking and not knowing what's going on in the community and just using the site like any lurker was using for: information on Mario subjects. The only reason I didn't join until Featured Images rolled around was that I was a bit shy and nervous for contributing and I felt this wiki didn't really need me, but there were some Featured Images I really liked and hated so I just had to vote for them so...eh.

Now, I come back here because I genuinely care about the site. I probably don't have as much consistent vigor I had, as it was before the advent of y'know, mods and stuff, right now could be one of those periods where I slump with the editing, but I come back to it on a near-daily basis because that's how much I care about the wiki.

Well...I rambled on for more than what I wanted....

Venom said:
I had a forum account before I joined the wiki and I think i signed up on there to sign up for a presentation or something
opposite situation for me. I signed up on the wiki first for editing a lot of paper mario stuff, then made a forum account for shroom purposes iirc

I'd like to add that I also made an account here only for Shroom-related purposes as well.

Guess I overstrayed my intentions a bit too much don'tcha think?

some people from the original #mariowiki chatroom raided a channel I owned on darkmyst and I followed them back and just stayed there and now here i am today

I joined mostly because I enjoyed reading The 'Shroom. Five months after joining, and with zero mainspace edits to my name, I decided to join The 'Shroom.

Have to say I made a forum account for 'Shroom stuff, too. ...weird.

I was actually a wiki lurker before signing up. I looked around for info I needed when I needed help with games; I remember searching for the locations of the Green Stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2 before signing up.

I also saved almost every artwork the wiki has onto my hard drive, and I still do that.
...I've essentially "backed-up" over three quarters of the wiki's artwork images at this point.
#noregrets

I joined because I followed a YouTube comment from Lakituthequick back to his user page, and I wanted one for myself.

I joined because I wanted to contribute everything I knew about the games I own to this wiki, mainly anything Mario Party or Donkey Kong related things.

I have absolutely no idea, I only remember how I found this website in the first place back in 08 or so through a bad youtube video.

Because I was a 10-year-old jerk who didn't know that joining an online Mario encyclopedia would lead to this place and my about 11000 posts.

Anton said:
some people from the original #mariowiki chatroom raided a channel I owned on darkmyst and I followed them back and just stayed there and now here i am today
It was f8
I don't really remember why I did. I just know that at one point i was obsessed with looking at information on wikis. Eventually I got to Bulbapedia, and made an account there under the name CharizardLover and proceeded to do absolutely nothing, and then found this wiki through that, inwhich I procceeded to make an account there and proceeded to do next to nothing on there to this day, and then made a forum account three days later. So if you ever wondered why I used to be CharizardLover, I guess that's the reason.

I joined originally to edit because why not contribute to wikis?
Then I found the chatroom. Which I instantly came back to pretty much every evening since I found it (give or take the accident time and a few other times) because I liked socializing with people there and the people there became awesome friends.
And then I made a forum account for the Mario Boards and found it to be so much fun to post (so much fucking better than facebook) and so that is how I ended up here at Mario Wiki as ThePeachinator :)

Because I love the Mario series (mainly the RPGS) and I enjoy gaming I've know about this wiki for years now.

To nominate Boo to become a featured article, in my four years of being here I have done so a total of 0 times.

Duskull said:
To nominate Boo to become a featured article, in my four years of being here I have done so a total of 0 times.

There's still possibility...

Back