Post your opinions on any random movies

superlumiella said:
Most movies are awful to me, in fact I can't stand most TV shows either.
get out

While I can't disagree that the media is sensationalized and often strives to push their own agenda and their personal spins on facts onto the general populace, putting it as "that tellybox is a propaganda machine" just sounds ridiculous.

Tellyboxes are as much as a propogando machine as books, paper, and the internets. What all of them have in common is that they're great sources of information too if you know exactly where to look.

Dr. Alphys said:
While I can't disagree that the media is sensationalized and often strives to push their own agenda and their personal spins on facts onto the general populace, putting it as "that tellybox is a propaganda machine" just sounds ridiculous.

I figured by the "Ewwww" and saying something silly like "tellybox" it was obvious I exaggerated.
Guess not.

It usually is, but the way you have presented very exaggerated opinions completely at face-value in other places, that line has become blurred. You have to forgive the community for having grown somewhat desensitized to your behavior.

Dr. Alphys said:
It usually is, but the way you have presented very exaggerated opinions completely at face-value in other places, that line has become blurred. You have to forgive the community for having grown somewhat desensitized to your behavior.

Yeh

the truman show is a good movie

Honestly, the only parts that I seriously disliked was Jim Carrey when he was acting zanier and the unanswered questions relating to the ethical and legal boundaries that had to be completely demolished for such a show to exist.

I just recently watched Inside Llewyn Davis, and I really liked it. It definitely isn't for everyone because of the plot/ending (which I won't spoil). I really enjoyed Oscar Isaac in it, and how the movie looked.

i've been interested in watching planes and its sequel despite, you know, everything against it and how cynical it is. talking planes and cars are my weak spot.

Alphaclaw11 said:
I just recently watched Inside Llewyn Davis, and I really liked it. It definitely isn't for everyone because of the plot/ending (which I won't spoil). I really enjoyed Oscar Isaac in it, and how the movie looked.
The movie was more concerned about the interactions between the characters and the impact that such a show can have on its actors (and "actor"), producers, and audience - consumer media taken to a logical extreme and whatnot. There was that one phone call where Sylvia complains about Truman's living conditions, but beyond that, most of the world just kinda takes it for granted.

I don't know, the whole movie seemed to debate the ethics of keeping Truman in the show, and the nature of Christof controlling his life

Even when he doesn't know it's just a show, his main motivation is leaving the town and taking a trip to Fiji, and once he finally catches on, he's determined to get out. I don't remember Truman debating whether or not he should stay; the conversations between him and his friend are the closest thing iirc, but they don't do much to change Truman's mind.

yeah, but it's not all about what truman debates. there's like, a whole section of the movie where they interview christof and show what he thinks, and there are frequent cuts to things like Truman merchandise and the Truman bar, etc. to show how the show is monetizing off of his life. just because truman himself doesn't explicitly talk about it doesn't mean that the movie doesn't raise those questions

random movie opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_in9mvHUU

these 17 seconds are some of my favorite in all of cinema

Back