Mastablasta plays every possible Pokemon game with Shedinja the absolute madman

Random Blue

Tried too hard to be post-ironic
(i lied actually im not gonna play x or y because i cant hack in a nincada at the beginning but shhh)

but anyway i think shedinja is pretty gud and its ability makes for some interesting battles so im gonna play the games just using it

because i care about evs and natures ill be keeping track of those (since hp defense and sp. defense evs are completely irrelevant for it its best to avoid collecting them when they can be used for the other stats) and go for a +attack -def/sp. def natures

if you care about these things ill only use cheat codes to get a nincada at the beginning of the game

i will be starting fire red soon but question: should i evolve nincada before the first gym battle or not?

RIP at any gym with a type effectiveness against Sheninja

As much as i love to make myself suffer i had picked squirtle because im too lazy to catch a pokemon that can know surf

also i MIGHT have to have a change of plans if i cant get codes to work, since the cheat code entering system for vba mac is total garbage and mac os is kind of unholy

rip me when i get to platinum and we get pokemon with sand stream/snow warning

and the entirety of route 216/217 in general

EDIT: NOPE i got a workaround for that cheat code problem, fire red part 1 will be up and running soon

1UEfeYg.png

To be honest Fire Red seems like the easiest game to play for me since there's no overworld weather effects/abilities like Rough Skin, Sand Stream, or Snow Warning.

niTJfyU.png
az7T97g.png

Metal Gear references are all I have in life (but seriously since I go by Boss for whatever reason I decided I might as well)

lc5Bow2.png

booooo she didnt give the rival charmander what a copout Well at this point, all I was thinking about was what I'd be able to catch for hms and such. I'll have Ninjask for sure and I can teach that cut at least, but since the main Shedinja run strat is basically be op enough to one hit ko anything that can hit you I realized I'd probably be too overleveled to catch much. So I decided since Surf is necessary why the hell not

lWsAOtO.png

Through the power of wineskin winery I was able to get the windows version of vba and actually be able to input codes in a working fashion. So I caught Nincadas until I found one that had either a lonely or naughty nature

R9H1QFI.png

I finally got this one. Even though I was looking for one of two natures and not just one, it still took me forever. And in fact it was just my luck that I mostly encountered Nincadas that had a +def or +spdef nature

So I decided to train it up and...

1RpK5Vm.png

...kind of ran into a problem real quickly. You see, every pokemon has an exp group and in the exp group Nincada is in, it (and everything else in the erratic experience group) needs the most exp out of all the groups to level up until it reaches level 25 (which was when I planned to evolve it anyway so i could have a swords dance Shedinja). However, it needs the least exp to reach level 100, needing 600,000 exp points. That'll be helpful for me in the future, but at this point training was slow and painful.

So I decided to ev train in attack and speed since I didn't find much use in boosting the other stats (especially hp). And even though I tracked evs I feel like I definitely miscounted a lot.

d1VWDPw.png

This is the level Nincada was by the end of it. note that the way this game is programmed, I can't actually evolve it unless I have the National Dex. I'll be using a gameshark code to obtain that when it's time to evolve Nincada.

But now that I did that it's time to actually play the game.

RsEbIM0.png

Well i kinda caught Nincada over there. But in the japanese version this dude was passed out drunk so he's probably hungover anyway.

dU2tOvx.png

Because I like to fuck around and waste time, let's watch some Teachy TV! Of a thing the old guy just taught me, no less.

CdxJZ3C.png

He says that, but he had Great Balls and Nest Balls in his bag which would both have worked better than using a Poke Ball. Hey, I can nitpick educational TV all I want because it's supposed to teach you stuff, and this here is misinformation.

1RfYApB.png

Pro speedrunning strats

But seriously, I usually go up to trainers and talk to them because waiting for the ! to pop up takes time. I like to control how i waste time, thanks.

Also obviously I'm doing a no-alert run of Pokemon, will you look at that.

MQyrbRo.png

Remember when this guy was the hardest trainer you had to beat in Red and Blue glitch speedruns?

yb6hAR8.png

...Yeah, I beat him with one Scratch. Though I was in no way on track for any sort of speedrun, since my file said I had played 7 hours (which is probably due to emulator speedup)

gCiCjPY.png

And here I end at Pewter City, since I still have no idea if I should evolve my Nincada before I go off and fight Brock. I might as well see if the National Dex codes work, too, since I was dumb and didn't check if I could get a Nincada before I said I was playing Fire Red.

This seems really cool!
What are your Nincada's IVs looking like? Since you can't accurately check them at a low level, did you end up getting lucky and it had high Attack and Speed IVs? Also, why Lonely or Naughty over, say, Hasty or Naive? It seems as though Speed and Attack would be equally important.
Sorry for all the questions, but I can't want to see the run once you get Shedninja!

Stomedy said:
why didnt you call your rival ocelot
he wouldve been pretty good
I'm gonna do that for Platinum actually since I actually named my rival in my Diamond file Ocelot
Alphaclaw11 said:
This seems really cool!
What are your Nincada's IVs looking like? Since you can't accurately check them at a low level, did you end up getting lucky and it had high Attack and Speed IVs? Also, why Lonely or Naughty over, say, Hasty or Naive? It seems as though Speed and Attack would be equally important.
Sorry for all the questions, but I can't want to see the run once you get Shedninja!
So I used an (imprecise sure) IV calculator and got:
hptNwNF.png

That attack stat looks pretty solid luckily

And I decided to boost Attack because I judged the ability to OHKO things would be the most important for me during this run, since I've already decided to pick up Swords Dance

I might end up using X items but only if I absolutely have to (I never use them anyway so that'd be new).

Oh wow, those Attack IVs are sweet. What will you do if you can't outspeed a pokemon that is super effective? Will you just grind until you can? Or will your level difference basically always cover that without much extra grinding?

the level difference basically covers that. i grind a lot normally like 5 in between every town and im gonna PROBABLY outspeed everything through being overlevelled/speed evs alone id think

i however am already looking suspiciously at the champions pidgeot and arcanine but ill have to see when i get there

Soda Popinski said:
champion rematch has a tyranitar. i wonder how you'll get past that.
True I plan to do that rematch but wow, I just realized Shedinja doesn't have bug moves in this generation in newer ones I could use X-scissor but that doesn't exist here

'ill cross that bridge when i get to it' is basically my entire life motto though

Cynder said:
>Playing a Pokemon game with excessive extra attention and use of Shedinja

snip

'i love to suffer' is also my entire life motto

Stomedy said:
you should do an entire team of shedinja tho
name it after all the snakes or the different units in the mgs series
theres enough different sets that i could

>giga drain shedinja tho what a useless set. i have to use it (it is a pretty decent grass move though)

i could do that for emerald since i can catch nincada without having to input tons of codes

incidentally i was gonna name shedinja Sorrow once i got access to the name rater

Cynder said:
Yasuke Matsuda said:
'i love to suffer' is also my entire life motto
I can get behind that.

You should do a Binding of Isaac Rebirth LP next in that case.
thankfully i wont have to do any stupid workarounds to get it to work on my computer like with these gameshark codes i will be looking out to see when that goes on sale then

if i dont end up being literally broke due to college like i think i will be

but the 3ds people still get SNAKE EATEEEEEEER
I'D GIVE MY LIFE
NOT FOR HONOUR
BUT FOR YOUUU
IN MY TIME
THERELL BE NO-ONE ELSE
CRIME
ITS THE WAY
I FLY TO YOUUU
IM STILL IN A DREAM
SNAKE EATER