Mastablasta plays every possible Pokemon game with Shedinja the absolute madman

XuiU0rQ.png

Why the fuck would I start here? Well, if I want to do the Elite Four/Champion rematch, I have to catch 60 pokemon to get the National Dex. And since I just love to waste my fucking time I went back and caught all the Pokemon I could. And evolved the Caterpie/Weedle lines cause that shit is easy

UZmnq8E.png

And here I sold a bunch of stuff, cause I won't need any Potions or Antidotes where I'm going. I can already tell I need to buy a shit ton of Revives/those diff. items that restore your PP.

MpAWHSj.png

fuck you for challenging the gym with an unevolved nincada boss If I did any more level grinding I'd be there for another month, and the dude at the entrance to Route 3 won't let you leave the city, so I decided I might as well do this and move on to fight pokemon with higher EXP payouts

b9xp0ew.png

Um of COURSE I'd be using my pro speedrun strats

RqeFwPw.png

yea well you know what light-years make me think of

NQijpHv.png

My best has more than 1 HP so that probably isn't very good anyway

p3YP5X5.png

Bug moves do normal amounts of damage so I got along pretty gud with Leech Life

9vsdG9Y.png

Same here in fact I'd even say Onix did less than Geodude did

IVqLD9h.png

So that wasn't hard at all. Although you could say I cheesed it so who cares what I have to say anyway

TnkZy8Q.png

well my no alert run failed :(

Also no you didn't, this probably made way more sense when the individual trainers didn't have names

miuF06J.png

And of course there's this guy. This guy's me

modnBsr.png

no screw that THIS guys me

He says "Hey! You're not wearing shorts! What's wrong with you?" before you battle him but I'm an idiot so I didn't get a screencap

DIUZbD2.png

same here Nincada, same here

iLLuTYX.png

But you know what, Nincada was approaching Level 25, so I decided to stay in that grass patch until I was able to evolve. How did I do that? Well, since it'd ruin the point of this challenge to get the National Dex and lock myself out of the Elite 4 (since Lorelei would be gone for Four Island, which can only be accessed after you beat the game) there was only one thing I could use...

fucking HAX

Basically I found a hex editing thing you could do to bypass the evolution block. You change 4 bytes in the ROM, and a conditional branch that checks to see if you have the National Dex for an evolution that's not in the Kanto pokedex becomes conditional.

And so...

sPGktZM.png

I was able to do this! And hopefully can get through the game relatively normally now.

LNtyKbo.png

And here's my new Shedinja in his rightful place at the front of the party. This is some Return of the King shit probably.

Also my Nincada got poisoned when it leveled up so RIP Ninjask

AJ3df3o.png

Here's the stats for good measure

cJg9o5D.png

Holy shit that is fucking creepy. If I didn't know he sold Magikarp already I'd be really concerned

MMxsPpN.png

Actually I didn't want what he was selling anyway fuck that. Ninjask has False Swipe anyway so I could basically catch anything.

And after that I went throught Mt. Moon, but not before doing totally ridiculous shit like running around in the grass for a female Nidoran, which only has a 1% chance of appearing

yknow what I knew Clefairy had a higher encounter rate on the very bottom floor of Mt. Moon so I'm not ENTIRELY crazy alright

gtvcKgw.png

fuck twitch plays pokemon jokes i think kabutops is cooler anyway

bHhzJr5.png

Too bad I cant' teach Shedinja Mega Punch or Mega Kick. That'd be awesome.

aLfOpR2.png

And here is Cerulean City, and here is where I'll end. Tune in next time for 'wow can Misty even hit me at all'

fw36k20.png

Yeah, you gotta ask a drug dealer for it

yw565Hm.png

And here's Cerulean Gym. How are you supposed to swim with the giant fucking platform in the way again?

sPj92kX.png

It's pretty weird that they put a trainer here after the gym leader, since you can't battle them after you beat the leader

sPj92kX.png

And my policy's to only use an undead insect shell.

xJzUPrL.png

Let's play a game: Can This Hit Me?
No it can't.

idAF869.png

Can this hit me? No.

IRS5dSJ.png

I didn't OHKO Starmie but since nothing can hit me that wasn't a challenge at all.

Ik63B9l.png

The heinous crime of...stealing a TM. Which I would assume friends do to each other all the time honestly

Mr4hIdX.png

I caught a Hoenn pokemon git gud Snake (let's just ignore the fact I cheated for it)

Anyway, it's time for Can This Hit Me? Round 2!

aoXLRXA.png

Can this hit me? Actually yes. So maybe I should be a little caref—

KvREw4h.png

Never mind.

WcC8nPr.png

Can this hit me? lolnope

PTCRIfj.png

Can this hit me? No. I remember Bulbasaur's Gen 3 learnset being pretty bad anyway

3TWxjVS.png

Can this hit me? No, all its moves are normal and half of them are non damaging.

zXtwMLj.png
k4QoVW4.png

When I was little I thought this dude was an asshole but he's just really fucking funny to me now.

Which makes sense he's like 10

k8H8ftV.png

I dunno, I'd think the fact that he invented a way to store living creatures in computers would make him pretty famous t—

h8uTyFu.png

oh god dammit Snake let me have my clever jabs at this game

8B9Ue33.png

I found the fact that he comes back here really hilarious for some reason

yosuaI8.png

Wow, aren't you special. Go share some posts on Facebook about how our phones are enslaving everyone's minds or some shit.

s58OejV.png

Considering all you see them doing in-game is standing around places with the same weak pokemon, that doesn't sound very exciting.

1ut7zSC.png

If they ACTUALLY did criminal stuff maybe. Also fun fact the Yakuza, Team Rocket's basis mostly did stuff that was technically legal or at least in a gray area

And I guess Team Rocket running a game corner and selling Pokemon for coins counts as that kind of activity gg

wKtW9Jv.png

Wait does that mean he was standing around dressed like that or what?

2yfz8wx.png

Well if a kid with a dead insect shell can become a Rocket Executive or something, I think they're in pretty bad shape.

r0Mt5hN.png

Remember when this guy could be used to do the Mew glitch?

iI49qhe.png

And this guy?

G8qWegj.png

It didn't show up too well in this screenshot but I like how the Leech Life animation goes into the hole on Shedinja's back.

mqGk3XJ.png

You know what kid I do too you're not special

I AM pretty cool though inb4 no ur not boss

C1wMhhf.png

I wonder how Bill feels about all these people having dates outside his house. That must be really awkward.

kUtRxQC.png

fucking RUDE

hsKfb1H.png

I dunno man you look like one to me

eNNnRms.png

Nah fuck you Bill. What have you ever done for me? Besides letting me put all the pokemon I caught in my computer but still

zC9Buje.png

too bad m9 thats just how i am

VcXfK9X.png

Holy shit again with hitting on me? I don't know how that was supposed to help at al—

HIWnpcg.png

God damn it, it actually worked? I guess you can't lock yourself out of the rest of the game for all eternity but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon forced you to stay on the same dialogue until you picked the 'right' answer

twOZAb4.png

He called it a teleporter but...you can only teleport between those two pods and they need to be connected in some way? Lame.

Besides pokemon can teleport already just use THAT

8WoFqBw.png

And there he is. Did his body have a Clefairy mind in it during that time? What if it got loose? People would think Bill lost his mind or something

Ir1hu2t.png

So the cop will let us into that house now and doesn't it look great

ohiyPnM.png

They set your chairs askew! How dare they!

OBU7S3o.png

Or you could use it on a Shedinja. Just sayin.

AArOir1.png

I dunno, if you want to go to Route 5 and you can't use Cut, you kind of have to go this way.

And if that entrance is there, did that house always have that huge fucking hole in the wall? All the Team Rocket guy did really was mess up some chairs and shelves and stuff.

BX4zfSv.png

Now I can cheese Fire-types. That is very important.

sN1Zehm.png

Yeah, but what about game bugs?

733wzgb.png

Well you're in luck

I'm pretty good

gHRJVlT.png

Here's Vermilion. That wraps up this part, which was really long for some reason.

J4pbVGn.png

We begin here and lol dude why are you acting like you're giving me a lightsaber or something

tLIsJGv.png

This pokedex entry is fucking savage good lord

Anyway. I then go on the SS Anne which I have no caps for cause of the way the screenshot function works on the emulator. It started overwriting previous pics and I was just 'lol fuck it im deleting all the caps cause this looks stupid'

Be very relieved cause I saw two trainers named Dave and Dirk and was like lol homestuck

Also I got a crit on Snake's Pidgeotto again

cERGWJw.png

I got through it and rip truck we're never gonna see mew under the truck

7hplQYf.png

I got this for the pokedex but it's so bad maybe I should have used it in a solo run instead somewhere

Fun fact: I was going to maybe do a Sunkern one instead

qtrTS5K.png

YEAH 'MURICA

I like the fact that America exists even in the pokemon world. And Russia, since one dude brings it up in the silph co building

sosqyZG.png

Uh is Lt. Surge ok

does he have PTSD from being in Vietnam or something serious question

lxN6poG.png

Honestly I wanna hear more about that war. War history's pretty cool, and apparently pokemon were involved.

HxqlbeE.png

this is a great description of my entire life

QHxF6Ex.png

Yeah but Shedinja died and he's doing just fine

CIethyN.png

It's time to fight him what do you mean this isn't his battle theme

LM7QbWh.png

Can this hit me? Nope

AAl1orw.png

Neither can this

fC8CbbC.png

Or this

rJK4Bul.png

So basically Lt. Surge didn't show us why America is a global superpower.

Is it too late for Shedinja '16?

laXgwIr.png

So I went through Diglett's cave to find this guy. I'm also catching pokemon so I can get the items from the aides cause I remember never catching enough for the exp share

not that i need it

liFc63t.png

Of course. That one move you don't really need in battle (reducing people's accuracy always works but still) but is really annoying not to have for its field effects.

Defog is still worse than Flash on that count tho

JPpsh5G.png

Yeah but what if it contained like some horrible virus what would you do

I heard some frozen anthrax in Siberia thawed and killed a lot of animals anyway

azaP3sm.png

And he just gives it to me cause...yknow, a kid would have an easier time getting this fossil revived apparently.

QpG1nTn.png

...what kind of pokemon illustrations is he even talking about jesus

35PlQ7Y.png

Well IDK about you but it's pretty bright in here

iXP6XdE.png

I've heard of gems being bubbled, but being put in poke balls?

There was also a guy who says "Hey kid wanna see my pokemon" which I didn't cap but is fucking hilarious

zppU4ND.png

But here is Lavender Town, and therefore the end of this segment.

on that note im gonna be gone for a few days for college orientation so the LP will be paused for a bit

yTHwOKF.png

We open with me doing something very important

bugtOjH.png

...spheal??

wrzBq3D.png

man fuck them for censoring gambling they ruined the rhyme

wKIaADi.png

What, not Eli and David?

45ofYBO.png

what the fuck is this formation

im gonna not get spotted by any of them though

pC6WuIG.png

excuse you sorrow is one sexy motherfucking dead insect

lT3TXQ8.png

you and me both buddy

GbPpRCg.png

I just wanna say this pokedex entry is adorable

that is all

Phx2piW.png

remember using this guy for the mew glitch

fUldBqc.png

nonexistent actually

like. due to ap chem scores i can skip a quarter of chem thats cool

15TmmzH.png

And here we are at Celadon.This was really a short update but hey it's not cause I'm lazy it's cause there's fucking NOTHING in between Lavender and Celadon basically. Next part will probably be far longer though I feel

Nasypb9.png

Well why is there a phone out in public then why can't I prank call anyone

boJlVSw.png

Alright, but if Meowth can essentially generate infinite money how does the pokemon world have a stable economy at all?

70axCsI.png

Sure I'm playing this on a GBA.

suuuure

6ObsoTH.png

And I stole one of his pokemon just like I stole this game lol cause I'm real classy.

STZISiX.png

Is this motherfucker literally here just because the gym is all female holy shit

NywiS93.png

Alright I actually think it was pretty interesting that they based Team Rocket on actual Yakuza activities. Like here, where they do gray area legal activities such as running gambling places. And then generations later there's Team Flare who decided to kill everyone with a superweapon cause why not

dont even get me started on team skull and how they took that name from pmd2 tbh

O87hVH9.png

Here's the hideout. When I was a kid I had such a hard time completing the spinner tile puzzle but I did it without any mistakes on this playthrough so what were you doing past me

I mean, I guess it's supposed to be one of those things that's challenging for kids but yknow.

While I'm here I might mention I noticed in this game the CPU trainers actually switch their pokemon out a lot more than others, presumably to give them an advantage

not that it matters lol

ByZHGz8.png

dude what i never said that

P9ddKIl.png

Okay has anyone ever accidentally gotten into the rocket hideout? Dudes can't guard that poster ALL day and I kind of left the entrance open

do ANY of the people at the game corner even give a shit

FthNX26.png

yeah check out my sick team rocket diss track on my youtube channel m8

8C7UEy8.png

What plans

all they were doing was hanging out

did i ruin their meetup or something

bgPBYvI.png

Then why do you guys have the same shit you can find running all over Kanto

besides giovannis kangaskhan i have not seen anything too rare

Ydl529F.png

I said my sword was a tool of justice...

zD6hS7J.png

This can hit me

9y6wW4M.png

This can hit me (and actually did, cause i didnt one shot it this is why i sold all my belongings to buy revives)

6VMWLgk.png

This can't hit me

ThbnTWg.png

I haven't really cared about any of them but the dead one but ok

GgmOf4r.png

Well. At least he didn't say for sure like I'LL BE BACK or WE'LL MEET AGAIN dude's polite

vuBxB6i.png

and i feel like they chased out like the one man who works there

5e6ph7I.png

well i was talking to the guy peeking so

I guess I got mistaken for an old dude? amazing

s9LVHan.png

Why's everyone in this game thirsty this didn't happen in any of the other pokemon games

including the player character apparently

2LVEJf0.png

Let me just say Mary's my actual first name so there you have it

Official Evidence that I'm cool

nGb4jj1.png

wow r00d

MPzy3FZ.png

u sure about that sorrows really overlevelled for one thing

0QJDICQ.png

this can hit me (via poison)

jB8ccjl.png

this can hit me (same deal)

8AcsQuS.png

this cant hit me

Us4p0rg.png

I'm not going to expand on the idea of 'finding pokemon attractive'

anyway all of the gyms have honestly been piss easy so far thats the overlevel life for you

dxsxPcL.png

I'm gonna end here because otherwise I'd have the pokemon tower and those really long routes from Lavender to Fuchsia to do and this segment would be way too long.

Up next: spoopy creepypasta tower

SVGMmXC.png

Um...actually yeah it is

Q8Nkbhf.png

You have a very strange idea of what's actually alive.

yaE5VSX.png

this is very true basically all of his pokemon but one have a move that can ohko shedinja

BgJGSeW.png

This one can obviously hit me

zNw9D6y.png

So can this

VlJtoya.png

And this

zPDQizA.png

and this haha fuck u kadabra they def balanced op psychic types

the jurys still out over if fairy types balanced op dragon types well ive seen some salty dragon type users (who did explain their grievances besides 'i like dragon types and theyre not op anymore')

T4Zcca5.png

this one can poison me though

XdKkZ2X.png

yeah none of your pokemon even did anything

And while I'm here I might as well give my opinion on 'lol raticates dead'

look what he replaced it with its a fucking gyarados he probably saw it and thought that was way better than a goddamn rat

and notice that basically nobody but the champion at the end has a full team of pokemon. its probably socially unacceptable or looked down upon to have a full team (but you can have a full team all game cause fuck who cares about social norms or something) so the rival switches out his raticate for gyarados

Sflg1to.png

he catches a bunch of pokemon and never uses them well me too dude

GmE6eOa.png

Well I dunno I think beating a bunch of pokemon games with a thing that dies in one hit is an accomplishment.

Also this guy is definitely way less dickish than I remember

U6YY38G.png

Well that's blunt.

GBNAd7w.png

Oh fuck no, get Metal Gear Survive away from me

Awn1jM0.png

If only Konami could regain its senses and realize that making a Metal Gear spinoff that's basically L4D or Umbrella Corps is a really stupid idea.

7Y6TGry.png

what the fuck

VpEChD4.png

So apparently you can trespass on all the other floors but this one is definitely not okay

AHGZ4sy.png

This is how you know shit is real. It's not A ghost, it's THE ghost

4xWSIHR.png

but who was phone????

4Z2R6sp.png

this is how you perform an exorcism trust me im an expert

xZoe8b2.png

Holy SHIT I think I sent Marowak to the shadow realm

lvbFxiQ.png

Yeah well you didn't do anything, I had to send it to the goddamn shadow realm for you

IdgCout.png

that sure is something you say to someone you just met

Rtr1eT3.png

But is it going to possess my pokemon if i use it

YB0hLbX.png

10/10 titles dude

At this point I decided to catch Snorlax but I had to train one of my other pokemon to level 30 so I could catch it since Shedinja would just ohko it and it'd ohko all my other pokemon

And I decided to level grind Farfetch'd cause it levels up the fastest cause trades. This took a lot of time and I had barely started going to Fuchsia so that was great

PcoMq5C.png

waking up wild animals is always a good idea doing this in real life would pose no negative consequences whatsoever

8qFeGVP.png

but i did catch it not without all my pokemon fainting tho

yWw3r4N.png

did i miss the good rod somewhere (its in fuchsia and i always go this way so i get them out of order and it kind of bothers me a little oh well)

ezzp0Sk.png

PSA: don't take performance enhancing drugs you found lying around in a cave somewhere, you'll die

VBDXK5V.png

Me neither. If I did I'd use a balanced team of pokemon instead of just trying to use one all the time.

zSvS2zD.png

This is basically everyone who battles me, let's be real

Anyway after this I made my way to the next city. There are no screenshots because it was long and I was frustrated and had a headache by the time I was done for one reason: PP.

Sorrow's moveset is Aerial Ace, Dig, Shadow Ball, and Swords Dance. And if you look at it you can notice right away that the only thing that can hit Normal/Flying types is Aerial Ace.

And on the way to Fuchsia there of course are like 20 fucking Bird Keepers (and some of the other trainers have pidgeys and shit too) so I constantly had to go restore my PP, which made this long route drag on and on even more than it already dide

there was a trainer named Beauty Grace that I didn't cap but

she's beauty she's grace her pokemon got a shadow ball to the face

UCzBvB7.png

I eventually got there though after years so. Next time we go to the Safari Zone and I waste all my money looking for a Chansey probably

I43jjjI.png

This part took a while. It's because I wanted to catch all the Safari Zone pokemon, and some of them appear at 4% of the time at the most and don't have too good of a catch rate, either. I wanted to reach the 60 pokemon National Dex requirement by training as little pokemon as possible because wow is that a lot of time levelling up pokemon I don't even plan to use.

j96GZx2.png

I got all the 4% pokemon including this fuck and there was no way in hell I was going to go after 1% Tauros so I decided to go to the gym and come back when I have Surf.

L96Mjhq.png

yeah yeah insert a twitch plays pokemon joke here

MXAEAYU.png

what is it because he uses outdated memes

OBpmRSd.png

the good rod can also catch magikarp so

MOvaqNq.png

no bill just hit on me

gSyjTEQ.png

i bet he has a collection of dead bodies in his basement

Although once I read a creepypasta about 'Bill's Secret Garden' being where he frankensteins a bunch of humans and pokemon together for some reason

Deviantart creepypastas are something else

fNS5P3R.png

I never understood why there were a bunch of jugglers in here couldn't they have added ninja trainers or something?

rJLuiI4.png

couldnt you at least juggle shuriken or something

fmnYeBE.png

Animal tamers??? the fuck

cCavbUf.png

nah im doing alright how bout you

0AcbOz1.png

wheres the rest of his ninja family

if there are ninja in the pokemon universe do they mean people do in fact assassinate others for money because i can see that being both easier and harder with pokemon around

JQUxurb.png

I dunno, I think the true despair is the fact that the Poison type (the type itself, pretty much all of the good pokemon were dual type anyway) was almost worthless competitively until Gen 6

Spl5AVn.png

All Koga's pokemon can damage Sorrow since they all know Toxic by the way

FoFbS2I.png

those jokes about muks name

LcuroAQ.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fucking hell he got to level 69 by knocking out a pokemon named muk thats it im done this game is inappropriate confirmed

p7PinpP.png

This Koffing is pretty much the exact same as the other one so I only took a picture of it losing all its hp

bZ0Ynxs.png

goes without saying this one has toxic and that i ohkod it anyway

yJ8sLtI.png

RIP poison types they're ok I guess

you know what this means

RDHiZYI.png

time to go look for tauros im thrilled

4RZY8wl.png

i found THIS before i found a tauros

actually i found two shiny pokemon while in the Safari Zone. I found an exeggcute while looking for Kangaskhan but honestly I didn't give a shit cause I was reloading my saves whenever I didn't catch the 4% pokemon since I didn't want to be fucking broke by the end of this

but i caught this one cause i like shiny venomoth

eventually i did catch a tauros too

UvVHSem.png

Finished Safari Zone haul ft. the shiny I did get

vvmp5iO.png

im like standing is this dude ok

hxeB8WL.png

What about the other two people on your turf though how come they get to stay

LuJgDMV.png

man kojima has changed a lot since he left konami

2XOBK8r.png

well i just cut a tree