Issue 111

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
As most of you can probably tell, Issue 111 will be coming out a bit later than anticipated. The staff is currently working hard to finish preparing it, and I intend to post it by today (Sunday). I am terribly sorry for the delay and any inconveniences that it may present, but the extra time will allow us to ensure the highest quality edition we can provide.

Thank you.

I imagine it was already a pretty heavy burden having to sort through all the heartfelt stories and such, to say nothing of actually having to edit and sort the pile.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Issue 111, with the exception of one submission that Dippy and Stooben will post within the next couple of days, is now posted. I would like to thank everybody who has joined us in paying tribute to Walkazo and for making this a meaningful edition.

can we actually sleep at reasonable hours now

please

Dat template background.
Right off the bat you can feel the love.

to everyone who gave their time ensuring this issue was well-structured and filled with heartfelt thanks and commemorations, thank you. this is without a doubt the most memorable issue of the Shroom to date.

it is incredible that on top of all of the commemorations to Walkazo that every writer included, the staff also managed to hold not one, but two interviews with Rosalina's voice actors, construct another amazing cooking guide section (as part of what is the largest Fake News i've read in a while), and still have more to come with Dippy's and Stoob's section. the staff have put so much love into this issue, and really deserve a good rest.

there are simply too many people to address for their wonderful contributions, but I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to Pantaro for preceding the issue with his memory of Walkazo.

furthermore, I would like to congratulate the innocents (and Phantoms) for their victory in 'Shroom Mafia, and would like to once again commend Stooben for the sheer amount of effort he put into co-ordinating such a massive Mafia Game that will surely go down in marioboards mafia history (if that exists) as the most chaotic and exciting game he and anyone else on these forums has ever hosted. also, a huge shoutout to anton and quizmo, whose contributions to the game were nothing short of extraordinary.

everyone who has had a hand in this collaboration should feel proud of their accomplishments. once again, thank you.

This is one of the best issue of The 'Shroom! I really like the banner of the Main Page, the interviews with Rosalina's original and current voice actors and all sections dedicate to Walkazo.

"Thanks for playing with us, Walkazo!"

Great issue, especially the Critic Corner background.

Thanks for the namedrop, Stoob!

A very well presented issue. Great job to The 'Shroom staff for creating this wonderful and heartwarming tribute to Walkazo.
The 'Shroom issue 111 takes the crown as the best issue in MarioWiki history.

Speaking of crown, great job to Henry Tucayo Clay for interviewing both the original VA and the current VA for Rosalina. I'm looking forward for one of the staff members to interview other Super Mario VA's (and even Nintendo officials, if we can), to represent MarioWiki users and MarioBoards users as great Super Mario fans.

Great job, 'Shroom staff!

This might be my favorite issue of the 'Shroom ever, right up there with 100. The memories, the artwork, and the amount of heart, time, and effort put into each section was off the charts this month. It's kind of really breathtaking, personally.

I'm not really sure what else needs to be said that's already been said, but getting to see our three retirees work non-stop behind the scenes, I need to say that SMB, Dippy, and Stooben are three unbelievable tireless workers and they deserve so many heaps of credit for this month's issue. That's not meant to take anything away from anyone else (that's definitely not my intention if it comes across that way), but you three are going out with the biggest bang possible and all the countless hours and messages and nights have ultimately paid off and you guys deserve so much credit for all you guys have done - for this month, and for the 'Shroom as a whole these last couple of years.

Enjoy retirement from the 'Shroom, you three!

And a big, fat welcome to Perch, Anton, and Meta Knight to the team! <333

GBAToad said:
furthermore, I would like to congratulate the innocents (and Phantoms) for their victory in 'Shroom Mafia, and would like to once again commend Stooben for the sheer amount of effort he put into co-ordinating such a massive Mafia Game that will surely go down in marioboards mafia history (if that exists) as the most chaotic and exciting game he and anyone else on these forums has ever hosted. also, a huge shoutout to anton and quizmo, whose contributions to the game were nothing short of extraordinary.

<3

I've already told you my thoughts personally a while back and those still hold true, and I'll make further detailed commentary as the final things are posted when stoob completes them if I feel it necessary, but I will say GBAToad you are the only person I wanted to see get 1st so I am glad that was the outcome...but the innocents winning is also nice, makes me feel like having multiple mental breakdowns was all worth it :P I won't admit that you had me completely fooled; I was very wary of you for...pretty much the entire game, starting from me deciding to Watch you until the very end; I made sure to never include you in the inner circle for that very reason despite me still trusting you enough to coordinate plans on the side. Fucking tbh you helped out more than a lot of the innocents that were being carried so :clap: to that, I'm not sure if that was intentional to keep up the ruse or out of caution because I was keeping track of your every action like a fucking hawk but either way it was enough. You being willing to help, as well as actually being active and making contributions were honestly the thing keeping me from getting you killed right away like other people I was allied with were trying to do. My naivety also kinda helped with that because I just couldn't believe that the role you had would be mafia, but, live and learn, first mafia game blunders etc. etc. I was warned to not go ahead and hook you up with VB without getting solid confirmation, but I opted not to go with it because it was advice from the same guy who straight-up told me he was independent and actively attacking innocents when I died without considering that I'd be revived who was also the guy who was feeding his cop check intentions to a suspected mafia convert the whole game, so, :bowser:. Live and learn, and I guess the lesson learned is "nothing is too good to be true". I do applaud you being able to skate by on that because you almost did it, and seeing how you've played other mafia games I can certainly believe stoob when he says you studied the game super hard as well, which makes me happy because (however narcissistic) I genuinely believed that I was likely the only person who bothered to read stoob's OP and game mechanics, so in turn that makes me more glad for stoob for running a more successful game than outwardly appeared! I am also glad to hear that Quizmo actually did stuff for the mafia which sounds weird but like....it feels less cheap seeing that he helped out the mafia significantly more rather than being a huge boost for the innocents only to be cheaply converted halfway through to bank on yet another lynch evasion.

I've praised stooben many times for being able to manage this game but it's never enough, it was such a hectic game that stirred up plenty of emotions and he held everything together so nicely. This game happened during a time for me where I was very weak, where I was bound to not think clearly and as a few people already know during a time where I didn't think I was even going to actually make it to 2016 alive, and stooben really supported me through it without just giving up on me because I know I was being difficult and that easily could've been done. I don't think many people are aware of just how much he did for this game, and especially for me as a friend during all of this, and I don't think enough can be said so here have this bolded and italicized: :clap:

Also I said my thanks elsewhere, but I'll say it here too: thanks for accepting me as a member of the core staff! I'm super excited to do things and also stuff. I will make sure to keep up the hard work of Dippy, as well as SMB and Stooben.

*sits on packy*

my question is: when do we see quicktopics

i can't wait for anton to see the 1700-post mafia topic

Nabber said:
my question is: when do we see quicktopics

i can't wait for anton to see the 1700-post mafia topic

where the mafia appearently suspected me of being phatom godfather

kek

I can't wait for people to see my 78 post solo qt that way i don't have to explain my motives in the endgame because they're already there.

Also, this is one of my favorite issues as well. It's tied for first with Issue 100 for me. There are so many loving memories, and care put into everything.

if only there were a concise way for you guys to see the sheer bulk of the messaging I did; your 1700 post QT is puny babby nothing

Anton said:
if only there were a concise way for you guys to see the sheer bulk of the messaging I did; your 1700 post QT is puny babby nothing

I know you did.

Anton said:
can confirm this by experience :blooper:

Oh Poochy, there are just so many things to be said about this issue I hope I don't miss anything.

This was a beautiful tribute to Walkazo; it's just fitting to have one of our best issues ever honor the memory of one of the best users ever. I want to thank everyone who contributed to make this issue what it was, especially to Pantaro for his contribution. I also want to immensely thank Coincollector for the astounding banner he did for us; you can see more of his work here. Please take a look as well at the website for the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station, where Walkazo volunteered; if you wish to do so, please donate to help their cause, which was very close to Walkazo's heart.

I also want to give my heartfelt thanks to my good friends, SMB, Stoob, and Dippy, for everything they have ever done for The 'Shroom. These three have greatly shaped our newsletter, and we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are now if it weren't for their contributions throughout the years. Thanks, guys. We'll miss you.

Congratulations to Pi and Perch on their new appointments, I'm sure they will do an excellent work! Also, a big welcome for Anton and Meta Knight! We were really excited from the moment you sent your applications and we're sure you'll bring great things to the newsletter and to your specific teams.

We had some terrific sections this month, it will be really hard to pick the Staff SOTM winner. My personal favorites were Travel Guide: Where in the World is Packy?, even if after taking my paychecks they also took my shell; Turb's Travel Guide, which linked perfectly with the other Travel Guide and it was very cool; and Toadbert's Peddler's Place, which was such an original and beautiful tribute.

Thanks to everyone who has liked the interviews with Mercedes Rose and Laura Faye Smith!! Both had great disposition to be interviewed and both are really nice. Rosalina was one Walkazo's favorite characters, so it's good both interviews came to be. (Don't think I left out Kerri Kane, she has already been interviewed!).

As for 'Shroom Mafia, maybe I missed it, but where does it say the Phantoms won? Or is it logic? Because I was under the impression we hadn't met our wincon. I am indeed a very impulsive player :P I'm sorry guys, I will try to be more trustful of others and not only go by my gut. Regardless, it was an amazing game and I enjoyed it throughout the entire thing.

All in all, I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this issue and I hope you will all enjoy it because a great deal of effort went into it.

tucky fun fact most of the game I tried to get you killed only to call it off at the last second each phase

who killed me anyways, i was trying to help the innocents

this issue is absolutely fantastic, and gives walkazo the tribute she deserves. i was unable to finish my drawing in time, but i'll probably finish it up for the sake of posting later. this is such a beautiful tribue to her, and everyone converyed their feelings so well...

congrtulations to all new members and members with new positions!

Thanks for this!

I really appreciate the Rosalina voice actresses interviews , specially the one with Laura since i think she never got the chance to share a little of her experience with us about voicing Rosalina and etc as opposed to Mercedes and Kerri.

A good read indeed.

Back