noises you can't stand

We also live near an airport, so at night it is a mixture of trains and planes and neighbors yelling.

Javelin said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
i find them relaxing too

unless the thunder gets really loud
They're definitely really relaxing, I like to sit outside on the porch during thunderstorms.
Thor is going to kill you one day

Lightning once struck and burned a house down only like a couple houses away from this one. Like, give it 200 or so meters more to the east, and we would have lost our home and everything we own. I heard the blast and saw the flash. It sounded like an explosion. I remember immediately checking outside because it sounded like it hit our house.

Thunderstorms are dangerous and terrifying. I do not understand that people like them.

Lightning struck our house once and completely killed the telephone line. Also hit a hole into a window in the cellar.

Was too young to remember this, only know from the aftermath and what my parents told me.

I don't live in that house anymore though so

Dr. Alphys said:
Thunderstorms are dangerous and terrifying. I do not understand that people like them.

That's actually part of the reason why; while it's raining heavily and flashing and thundering, it just feels so nice to in bed, comfortable, dry, and safe. (If I was outside during a thunderstorm, though, that would be a different case). Of course, there's also the relaxing white noise of rain.

Btw, aren't houses these days supposed to be able to direct lightning to the ground? I can understand it killing a telephone pole, but don't understand how a house burned down.

Rain is fine. I could just do without the random death beams shitting down from the sky is all.

thunder and really heavy rain. light rain is perfectly fine
every sound made by children under the age of 8 or so
dogs barking and whining
people chewing, at least when its loud enough for me to notice it
idk how to describe this next one but like, construction noises and shit. Someone is building a house next to mine and they're out there at times that are probably too early to be legal

Magnolia Arch said:
metal scratching paper, like people trying to use a pencil eraser that's too far gone

this one is the absolute worst i think

Javelin said:
The only noise that bothers me is when you have two forks stuck together and you pull them apart and they make that terrible metal screech sound thing. Everything else doesn't seem to bother me, but that one is unique.

Also, fortunately rather rare.

though for whatever reason i used to absentmindedly do this when i was setting the table, much to the detriment of everyone else in the house

Thunderstorms also can spawn tornadoes and hail the size of minivans, plus they have very freak winds. It's also like someone dumped a bucket of water over our house. Ever since several thunderstorms went over my head when I was a child, the instantaneous flash and explosions scare the living hell out of me, even to this day. It doesn't help that thunderstorms occur in my region less than once a year on average, so they're really freak incidents.

Also, on this topic, I forgot to mention this but anyone who ups the bass in their music to like 200% in their car; those people are pretty much obnoxious and irritating.

Motorcycles they make that noise from those engines...

certain people whistling, loud music, the SMM sound effects and people trying to eat off of their cutlery but inadvertently just end up chewing the forks (it's pretty disgusting)

Dr. Alphys said:
Lightning once struck and burned a house down only like a couple houses away from this one. Like, give it 200 or so meters more to the east, and we would have lost our home and everything we own. I heard the blast and saw the flash. It sounded like an explosion. I remember immediately checking outside because it sounded like it hit our house.

There's something exciting about feeling the mist as the rain splashes down just a few feet away and feeling the vibrations from the thunder, watching the flashes. It's just a unique experience, I guess.

Besides, the lightning's not going to hit you if you're under a roof.

Insect wings.
Nails on calkboard.
My neighbors yelling at themselves at 12am.
This.
Excessively loud noises.

Andymii said:
Btw, aren't houses these days supposed to be able to direct lightning to the ground? I can understand it killing a telephone pole, but don't understand how a house burned down.

I don't know HOW it happened. I just saw a white flash outside during a thunder storm, along with hearing a very loud explosion noise (usually lightning flashes and thunder are separated by a couple seconds due to the differing speeds of light and sound, but this set came simultaneously). Then I heard sirens. When I went for a walk a while later, I saw the fire fighters clustering around the house, and then heard in the news that due to a lightning strike, parts of the house burned up, including the interior along with the stuff in it. The residents had to be relocated because the house became uninhabitable.

Maybe that's not supposed to happen. But you can stand in front of a burning house and tell yourself "well, that's not supposed to happen" all you want. It doesn't change the fact that it happened. And it certainly got me to rethink my stance on thunder storms being "annoying, but harmless".

A train plus a Tornado, Ugg Tornadoes I got sucked into one and heard automobiles make crushing noises, so it can be noises inside a Tornado too. :mad:

Any loud noises I wasn't expecting and even some that I do expect.

Btw,
TabuuandPeach said:
A train plus a Tornado
I know what you really mean by this, but the wording made me think of a train/tornado hybrid.

TRAINADO
Make it happen, Asylum.

I also hate the sound of gardening tools

Namely chainsaws, lawn mowers, and all the other noisy crap.

Baby Luigi said:
lawn mowers

Wow

I don't love the sound of lawnmowers, but it does remind me of a nice summer day for some reason, which is quite relaxing imo.

Magikrazy said:
Any loud noises I wasn't expecting and even some that I do expect.

Btw,
TabuuandPeach said:
A train plus a Tornado
I know what you really mean by this, but the wording made me think of a train/tornado hybrid.

TRAINADO
Make it happen, Asylum.
It's the noise a tornado makes.

people clapping along to the beat (or offbeat) in songs

These kids in my neighborhood that are screaming all day, every day...
Luckily, I'm listening to music most of the time, so I don't really notice.

screaming, and generally loud noises in general, my ears are really sensitive to noise and its actually pretty agonizing to hear stuff like that.

Back