Fun facts

Fun Fact) Liverpool is the most filmed British city.

Abbey Road was the second last Beatles album, but it had the last songs they recorded together.

Fun Fact) When an episode of the original, black and white Popeye the Sailorman was re-aired in early 2000, scenes in the beginning were cut off as Popeye and Bluto were in a carnival playing the game which require tossing balls and knocking out the teeth of a clown's mouth, but it was a black stereotype instead.

I know this is a two-week bump, but let me add some fun facts from a book I have:
~The Ford Rouge factory in Dearborn, MI is the largest manufacturing complex in the Western Hemisphere.
~The world's longest hockey game was on March 24, 1936, between the Detroit Red Wings and the now-defunct Montreal Maroons. Mud Brunetreau scored 16:30 minutes into the sixth overtime and the Red Wings won 1-0.
~The Hudson's department store in Detroit had the world's largest flag! It was 235x104 feet and was donated to the Smithsonian Museum in 1976.
~Detroit is the only city in the United States to have a floating post office, the JW Wescott II. It even has it's own ZIP Code, 48222.
~Though this is disputed in California, the first center dividing line was painted by Edward Hines in 1911 on what is now West Jefferson Avenue near Trenton, MI.
~The first popular Motown song was Barrett Strong's "Money (That's What I Want)" in January 1960.
~Also disputed in California, America's first regional shopping center was the Northland Center Mall in Southfield, MI, which opened on March 22, 1954.

TheYoshiState said:
I know this is a two-week bump, but let me add some fun facts from a book I have:
~The Hudson's department store in Detroit had the world's largest flag! It was 235x104 feet and was donated to the Smithsonian Museum in 1976.

That's gotta be the one in the Smithsonian Museum of American History.

Fun facts on my state!
*The first Aquarium opened in Chicago, 1893.
*In 1885 the world’s first Skyscraper was built in Chicago.
*Des Plaines is home to the first McDonald’s. (And everyone certainly celebrates that historic happening! Not me cuz I don't live there.)
*Carlyle is the home of the largest man-made lake in Illinois.
*Square dancing is the Illinois state dance. (no wonder we do that a lot)
*The Chicago River is dyed green on Saint Patrick’s Day. (It looks really nasty like someone barfed 1000 gallons of green stuff.)
*Illinois has 102 counties. (I live in one of them.)
*The Chicago Post Office at 433 West Van Buren is the only postal facility in the world you can drive a car through. (Not very exciting.)
*The world's largest cookie and cracker factory, where Nabisco made 16 billion Oreo cookies in 1995, is located in Chicago. (cookies!)
*In Mount Pulaski, Illinois, it is illegal for boys (and only boys) to hurl snowballs at trees. Girls are allowed to do that however. (I am gonna go do that! If I ever go there.)
*Illinois is known for its wide variety of weather. Major winter storms, deadly tornadoes and spectacular heat and cold waves. (2011)

Fun fact: There are over 100 trees in the United States.

Fun fact: Although California's population is 45.7 times larger than South Dakota, South Dakota has 66 counties to California' 58.

Most of the midwestern states have tons of tiny counties just drawn in a grid pattern.

Vinyl Scratch said:
Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma
That doesn't even make sense.

Speaking of not making sense...
-- There used to be a law in New Jersey that stated that it was illegal for a man to knit during fishing season.

Two more from my state:

~Augustus Woodward originally wanted to have Detroit's street system identical to that of Washington, DC, but was said that the nation's capital's street system could not be copied anywhere else.
~Lucille Ball lived in downtown Wyandotte at an extremely young age.

And one from the Mario series:
~Yoshi's current form actually debuted in his Super Mario All-Stars sprite.

Come on Zero, stop making dumb facts.

Fun fact: 90% of fun facts suck.

Hypocrite=Ultraluigi.

Godot said:
Villetta Nu said:
Fun Fact) In average, 14 people are raped by dolphins every year.

Oh, gee, how fucking fun is that?

Somebody call SVU.

Fun fact: The first pancake recipe appeared in an English cookbook in the fifteenth century.

Two more from my state:
~Pleasant Ridge is the smallest city in the state of Michigan at about 0.58 square miles or 370 acres.
~The Flint-Beecher tornado of 1953 was the last single tornado in the US to kill more than 100 people until it was surpassed by the 2011 Joplin, Missouri tornado.

Fun fact: Over 2 pints of water are drank every year in the United States.

Cap'n Falcon said:
Come on Zero, stop making dumb facts.

Fun fact: 90% of fun facts suck.

Hypocrite=Ultraluigi.
BAM! Take that

Fun Fact) Monkeys are able to learn the concept of currency. When a population of monkeys were given metal medallions to represent currency some of the males bought prostitutes.

Fun Fact: 4000 people a year injure themselves with teapots.
800 people a year choke to death on ballpoint pens.

Fun fact: Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.

SKmarioman said:
Don't read if you have arachnophobia.]The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.
That one is not true.

Fun Fact) Jesus Christ knew three languages, first of all the native language, Armenian, then since he was a male, Hebrew, and some scriptures have him quoting in Greek.

Back