Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple years ago when I tried to wish her a happy birthday, she told me she would periodically go into the settings of her online profiles and change her birthday date, to keep people from knowing when her actual birthday was.

I don't know if she kept doing it after telling me that though, or how often.

So I wrote up a short poem in honor of Walkazo, but I'm not sure if I want to post it, reason being it's not really finalized as of this minute. Should I wait until the 25th to post it or just post it now?

Thank you, Anton. And thank you to everyone in our community who had made a contribution to this cause.

I know I'm way late on this, but I wanted to express my condolences to everyone, especially those close to her. I saw this the day it was posted and I shed a tear, even as someone who didn't really know her all too well. A car accident is how my grandmother died, so I can really relate to and sympathize with how sudden of a loss this was. I feel like I can't say any more than was already said, so I'll just say, may Walkazo rest in peace.

I know, I am new user, and I never knew Walkazo, but I just want to say that I am very sorry for you guys and Walkazo's family. She seemed like a great person, reading her Userpedia, and I wish I could have met her. It is sad to have a loved one go, and even it is a person on the internet, it it very saddening.

Condolences to anyone who knew Walkazo and cherished her being. I wish for you to stay positive and go on, even without her. (This is mostly for her family) I may have never had a loved one die yet, but it must be very saddening. Anyway, I hope her family and you guys can get through this, as it is sad. I know I already said it a million times in this post, and everything in the post I mean.

Now, if you know me better, you know I am sort of an asshole on the site, but I truthfully am a great and understanding person. Just know that. Anyway, I better end this post, it has gone on forever. And any mistakes or anything that sounds strange in the post is my fault, I had a headache while typing this.

And Walkazo, stay safe in the clouds and remember, we will miss you.

I wish I had seen this thread sooner. And I know it's too late to give my condolences, but I still want to pay my respects. While Walkazo and I didn't interact often, I would be lying if I didn't say I looked up to her. I remember a long time ago, I would log in, check the "I heard you have a dragon problem?" thread, and laugh my ass off. Walkazo was an amazing member of the community and it truly makes me sad knowing she is gone. Rest in peace, Walkazo. And to those who were close to her, both her family and the community here, thank you all for staying strong.

I came up with a poem of sorts last night about Walkazo. I suppose it would've been more meaningful to post it on the 27th of March, but I really wanted to post it. It's not perfect, but enjoy anyway.

====

The "Year of Death" is finally over
and we lost a lot of friends
After 365 days
it finally came to an end

From Prince to Carrie Fisher,
it all felt very icky
Not a single form of media was safe,
not even the Super Mario Wiki

A fatal accident made us lose
a woman who gave it her all
It truly made us sad to see
one of our very own fall

A kind bureaucrat with a love of birds,
she's done so much to make
the Super Mario Wiki a great place,
so we must continue, for her sake

It's only been a year,
but it feels like so long ago
All we can do is press on and say
"Rest in peace, dear Walkazo."

This is very shocking and Sad :'(, i never met Walkazo and i wish i could've met her earlier.

I am very sad this happened, Condolences to Her Family, You were very meaningful to Mario Wiki members and your Family :'(
It is very sad to hear that you are gone, I am happy that during your life here you became a wiki Bureaucrat but the Mario Wiki will be Strong!

Rest in Peace Walkazo

"adds a flower"

index.png

Guys, I'm sure we all appreciate the gesture, but can you please stop posting in this thread?

It's been nearly a year. A lot of us are trying to move on, especially those of us who actually knew her and have been hit by the loss of someone that's helped shape us.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I really don't want to start a fight in the thread meant to memoralize my dead mentor, who I've been thinking about nonstop for the past few weeks for some reason.

But I would really appreciate it if you guys would let this rest. You don't need to mourn over someone you never met. None of us are going to resent you for not taking part in it, and none of us are going to think particularly more highly of you for sharing in our grief. This isn't something you need to do.

Please leave this be. I love Walkazo and I miss her every day, and I'd really just like to stop seeing this thread pop up in my notifications every time I stray by Marioboards. I feel the same jolt every time, every time I remember exactly how I felt when I clicked this thread for the first time.

I can't force you to do anything, but I ask you earnestly not to continue bumping this thread if you didn't know Walkazo. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back