Stars custom figures and repaints

Stargatedalek

What do you mean Im late to the fad? Thats my moe!
custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uelbl.jpg

custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uelap.jpg

custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uel9p.jpg

Not technically finished since I ran out of glue to finish the feet, the nails are just squeezed into place right now and it's rather wobbly where the foot meets the toes since it's just held on with wire, but it looks just like it will when it's finished! Columba livia domestica, no particular morph in mind as I wasn't spoiled for choice of material colours.

Last pigeon update I promise. I butchered some cheap second hand stuffed animals until I found some eyes I liked that I could work with.
custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uvcii.jpg

custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uvchh.jpg

custom_pigeon_by_michell_vall-d9uvccl.jpg

i love your rock doves!

there's not much I can say other than you did a great job on these

I finally found a use for an old Exo Terra backdrop I got with my hermit crabs tank that I didn't use. I won't have anything to show for this until tonight when I can start cutting the wood but for now have some vague drawings.

display_stand_plans_by_michell_vall-d9xfzt2.jpg

display_stand_plans_by_michell_vall-d9xfztm.jpg

I like the macaw! Nice drawings. :)

Sorry for taking so long to get these pictures up, I haven't been feeling well this week. It's not nearly finished, the bottom still needs sand (which is more difficult than I'd anticipated) and then I still need to make the flora arrangements.

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtf4.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybte6.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtda.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtck.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtbh.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtak.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybt9n.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybt8u.jpg

repainted_safari_raphus_vs_primeval_raphus_by_michell_vall-d9zje7g.jpg

repainted_safari_raphus_by_michell_vall-d9zje5p.jpg

repainted_safari_raphus_by_michell_vall-d9zje4u.jpg

repainted_safari_raphus_by_michell_vall-d9zje6j.jpg

Repainted Safari ltd. Raphus based loosely on the painting by Ustad Mansur but having done it from memory I only realized after uploading these that I goofed a few bits. I opted to keep the tail however inaccurate since I have something else planned with this model in the very near future, but I may eventually remove it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodo#/media/File:DodoMansur.jpg

Aside from the tail the Safari sculpt was already ahead of its time when it came out, just comparing it to the Primeval version gives a pretty good comparison of what we've managed to(/had to?) learn of an animal that only recently went extinct.

Expect to be seeing something else before this is finished but it's the first extinct thing I've started in a long while so I figured I'd post the plans for it. Unfortunately I don't have a reference for how tall Figmas are at hand.

spinosaurus_wip_by_michell_vall-da25ump.jpg

spinosaurus_wip_by_michell_vall-da25um7.jpg

spinosaurus_skeletal_by_michell_vall-da25sa0.png

For a long while now I've been seeing these lovely display stands (I think they're from a Japanese store on YAJ that makes them by hand, but don't quote me on that), and I've been thinking it would be fun to make one. I actually finished it some time ago but I only just got it set up in a semi-permanent (I plan on moving things about as my whims dictate) state as of yesterday.

display_stand_example_by_michell_vall-da69ohu.jpg

display_stand_example_by_michell_vall-da69oh4.jpg

parrot_shrine_by_michell_vall-da69r6l.jpg

I just kind of added animals and scenery as they fit. I like how it turned out though, like a stock jungle out of an Indiana Jones movie. Complete with environmentally mismatched animals and artifacts (all hail the garden ornament cricket, the most powerful of ancient relics).

It was a lot easier to make than I was expecting. I'm completely in love with this spray on glue and moss texture powder, I've tried applying it to Colorata bases and adore the results so expect some of those soon.

display_stand_finished_by_michell_vall-da69opm.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybt8u.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtak.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybt9n.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtbh.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtf4.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtda.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybte6.jpg

wip_display_stand_by_michell_vall-d9ybtck.jpg

Photobomb goldfish 4, haters 0.

I was fortunate enough to receive an amazing Flashforge Finder for my graduation, here's a quick sample of what's been finished so far (a few other things printed that I haven't painted yet).

blue_and_gold_macaw_skull_by_michell_vall-da9ngf2.jpg

blue_and_gold_macaw_skull_by_michell_vall-da9nh0w.jpg

blue_and_gold_macaw_skull_vs_herring_gull_skull_by_michell_vall-da9nhkh.jpg

herring_gull_skull_by_michell_vall-daa5gtq.jpg

crayfish_by_michell_vall-daa5hns.jpg

tokay_gecko_by_michell_vall-daa5ijb.jpg

chicks_by_michell_vall-daa5i7w.jpg

And that Macaw skull has larger aspirations still:
wip_squawkers_macaw_mccaw_hack_by_michell_vall-daa5hko.jpg

I'm thinking of creating a full scale anatomy model, but I may settle for a ragdoll.

Back