Kirby: Planet Robobot

Zuko said:
So how do you think this game is compared to other Kirby games? Personally, it's my favorite game in the series besides Return to Dreamland.
really fun. kirby is one of those rare series that consistently get better with time instead of the other way around.
the mechs are really cool and creative (and occasionally wake up your sadistic side) and level design is top-notch. soundtrack is good too.

Beat the main story. Only missed one Cube on 6-EX.

Holy shit wow that was amazing. I need to lie down for a bit.

^Play Meta Knightmare Returns please.

I beat the True Arena today (and as a result, got 100% game completion). It's hard as shit, but that final boss fight was so good. Amazing game.

Oboro said:

Beat it.

holy shit dark matter <3

I can already tell the True Arena is going to be all kinds of "fun".

Threek said:
Oboro said:

Beat it.

holy shit dark matter <3

I can already tell the True Arena is going to be all kinds of "fun".
it's hard as fuck and pretty much impossible if you don't have a decent amount of amiibos to restore your health a bit. the final boss is OP and has a final attack when you destroy it that is literally a one-hit kill

You don't need amiibo to beat it, since I did it without using them, but I recommend something with an invincibility attack/frames such as Archer, Leaf, or Stone to get an idea of what you're in for. The final boss of the True Arena is definitely the hardest part but goddamn if it didn't give me a good nostalgia kick.

I got this game. Like literally every other Kirby platformer I've played it's amazing. I love the robobots, it's so sastifying to rampage through an entire level with them.

I want more robobots in the future, I feel like there is more they could do with this concept.

Lord Bowser said:
Oboro said:
If anyone else besides me cares, they've started answering the questions they've accumulated about this game.

Need a Miiverse account to see it:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0evMdAK_w
wait so if susie is the real susie, then why doesn't haltmann recognize her

now I'm even more lost lol
yeah i was totally on board with the clone theory because it makes the most sense

haltmann going insane just because he can't see his daughter anymore yet his daughter is working for the company as his secretary is just stupid

Oboro said:
Lord Bowser said:
Oboro said:
If anyone else besides me cares, they've started answering the questions they've accumulated about this game.

Need a Miiverse account to see it:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0evMdAK_w
wait so if susie is the real susie, then why doesn't haltmann recognize her

now I'm even more lost lol
yeah i was totally on board with the clone theory because it makes the most sense

haltmann going insane just because he can't see his daughter anymore yet his daughter is working for the company as his secretary is just stupid
same. here's to hoping more is revealed tomorrow

I also wonder where exactly haltmann found star dream. fan theories suggest halcandra but who knows

oh god I just realized something particularly morbid about the final boss

in the beginning of the fight vs star dream soul OS, it "screams" at you before it starts attacking

and while it screams, you can see blood coming out of it

iALUol8.jpg

obviously machines can't bleed...

is that... haltmann's blood...?

Due to Spotpass, I got to play the demo of this game. I am not sure if it's me, but compared to Triple Deluxe, this game's camera perspective and object placements made the game less grid-like. In fact, it makes the levels more exciting. Examples are those tilted barrels and the perspective of the area in the beginning.

I thought the mecha-Kirby sections are pretty cool since every attack becomes really strong, but I can see that the inability to fly will make piloting these more difficult.

Obtaining some of the stickers made me realise that they added stuff from Rainbow Curse, the previous game. It's a nice touch for every Kirby game to reference everything that came before it (Rainbow Curse included soundtracks that includes Triple Deluxe), but I wonder if referencing old stuff eventually becomes bloated the more Kirby games we get.

Thanks for reading.

Oboro said:
Round 2 of the questions is up:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0e2W0rUBw

Now Haltmann not recognizing Susie makes a lot more sense. He doesn't recognize her because controlling Star dream with the helmet that Susie steals gave him memory loss.
honestly still more of a fan of the clone theory but this can work too. at least they cleared up the confusion they created last time

also lol at meta knight not expecting robobot halberd

Lord Bowser said:
Oboro said:
Round 2 of the questions is up:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0e2W0rUBw

Now Haltmann not recognizing Susie makes a lot more sense. He doesn't recognize her because controlling Star dream with the helmet that Susie steals gave him memory loss.
honestly still more of a fan of the clone theory but this can work too. at least they cleared up the confusion they created last time

also lol at meta knight not expecting robobot halberd

Well he's right you know, I had no idea that would happen

This is very informative, answers a few questions that I had myself. That bit about sub-games being "what if" scenarios questions what the Kirby canon actually is, especially since Super Star Ultra.

I feel as though a lot of this information should of been in the game however, the story that's actually in the game is missing a lot of details.

My question is, if when you "inhale" something with the Robobot it disappears and the Robobot takes its shape, then how did Meta Knight survive that?

i just beat the main story yesterday and im still playing it for 100%
its a good game, great follow up from triple deluxe
the robobot is so fun to use
also mirror returned <3
now they just need to bring back yoyo
the final boss reminds me of nova from super star (design wise)
my favourite part was when kirby used giga drill breaker on him
the music is top as well, i didnt realize the main theme was actually the final boss theme either
ive gotten all the rare stickers and cubes but i still need a buncha normal stickers
i still need to do meta knightmare and the side games so ill be playing this soon
im sure theres also a true arena somewhere so i need to do that as well

This is a decent game. It's still kirby, but in a mech. Love the powerups and love the design. However, in the end, I think triple deluxe is a better game.

Back