Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New starters and cover legendaries revealed)

Holy shit. I am speechless.

Looks like that Chinese leak was true. Alt forms, no gyms, and super moves.

This likely means Grass / Flying archer for Rowlet, Fire / Dark Wrestler for Litten, and Water / Fairy singer or siren for Popplio.

Oh shit!
1. The evolved mongoose thing(forgive me for not remembering its name) looks even more like Donald Trump
2. I love the ICE FOXES!!!!!!!! They're adorable! Now Vulpix and Ninetails might have more competitive viability. But what I wanna know ia how these alola forms will get STAB moves.

It also looks like the summonable riding Pokemon are replacing HMs. I hope there's still a way to access useful moves like Surf and Waterfall though.

The leak from earlier.

There actually are No Gyms
-There is more than one evolution for Rockruff including a Werewolf
-Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy
-Time works differently in each version
-There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying)
-Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats
-The stone bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution
-Ash-Greninja is in the game
-S.S Anne appears in the game
-Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen
-Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances
-Furfrou's hair cut can be changes in the new Amie
-Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Mentions the Abra line)
-Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon
-There is a flying type bird whose appearance varies each island
-There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type
-There is a Snowman like mentioned in the Chinese rumor and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stager and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stage

Several of these points were just confirmed. However, Ninetails' alt form typing was wrong and I guess Gumshoos could be considered fat and hairy, but it doesn't really scream "fat" to me.

EDIT: Looks like the evos are confirmed.
JV8AbOS.png

FUCK.
YES.

The Kahuna of Melee Melemele Island isn't a red-head called Elaine? Wow. Worst game ever.

Cynder said:
OH I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THAT NEW EXEGGUTOR IS GRASS/DRAGON AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

O...kay?

Palm tree --> mythical reptile? Seems legit.

I guess everything is allowed to call itself a dragon nowadays.

I need that icetales asap

also old characters coming back is interesting. with that plus the more defined character models and cutscenes and zygarde coming back, this game might have an great story tbh

Dr. Alphys said:
O...kay?

it appears its design was partially inspired by sauropods, so they may have thought that "dinosaur = dragon"

alternatively, maybe it grows dragonfruit now !!

i for one am irrationally excited

post stupid variations you want:

gibe bubblegum fairy-type muk pls
>>>>>fighting type alakazam
fuck it why not add in psychic type machamp

also i've just realised that if these are the alola variations and there's red/blue/yellow comaptibility then does that mean we might see exclusive kanto variations

tumblr_mc80vuiqAp1qgnl0g.png

Nickelodeon predicted Alola Exeggutor long ago, we shoulda seen it comin'

The Alolan Sandshrew of the snowy mountains evolve into Alolan Sandslash with spiny backs that are covered in ice. Thanks to their icy coating, these spines are large and sharp. Alolan Sandslash hide themselves in the snow when strong enemies appear, leaving only their needles exposed and ready for business.

The weight of the ice that covers its body makes these Alolan Sandslash heavier than normal Sandslash, and this causes them to be slower. Yet in snow fields and on ice, they move by creating a path with their claws, and so they’re able to move with swiftness.

The sprays of snow kicked up by Alolan Sandslash’s movements are so beautiful that many photographers head for the snowy peaks to capture the moment. However, Sandslash live deep in the mountains, and there is great danger of becoming stranded, so it’s forbidden to climb the mountains without permission.
thank you gf for these detailed entries they're so nice

Crocodile Dippy said:
Dr. Alphys said:
O...kay?

it appears its design was partially inspired by sauropods, so they may have thought that "dinosaur = dragon"

alternatively, maybe it grows dragonfruit now !!
They made Tyrunt and Tyrantrum dragon types. So maybe. Then again, Aurorus isn't a dragon, and neither is the Cranidos line. Still makes about as much sense as Mega Ampharos being part dragon. If I wasn't already using Rowlet, this new Exeggutor would have a spot on my team.

my thoughts

- alt forms are all fucking amazing, i hope we get more than just gen 1 pokemon
- dancing birb is my new favourite pokemon
- the z-moves seem kind of dumb, maybe they'd be cool if there were more than one move per type
- no gyms is going to take getting used to but it's cool that they're shaking it up i suppose
- i for one welcome no hms, as long as they still exist as moves in battle

In case it wasn't clear to everyone, Z moves require a held item just like mega stones and can only be used once per match.

wait a second, no gyms?

what do they have instead?

GalacticPetey said:
Z moves require a held item
well jeez that makes me like them even less

Jeff Goldblum said:
wait a second, no gyms?

what do they have instead?
seems like "the island challenge" is a replacement for the pokemon league challenge and the 4 guys on the 4 islands are the new gym leaders

Man Gamefreak is REALLY throwing out those hype punches.

A Nintendo co-no scratch that- a video game company is actually learning and responding and fixing criticism.

Mari Ohara said:
seems like "the island challenge" is a replacement for the pokemon league challenge and the 4 guys on the 4 islands are the new gym leaders
oh i read up on this more, and you go through a "trial" on each island with the 4 guys they showed off, and once you complete the trial you battle the kahuna, which is like a gym leader i guess

alSO I JUST LEARNED CYNTHIA IS GOING TO BE IN THIS??? ? ? ? AAAAAAAAA

600px-037Vulpix-Alola.png

I'm making her my new muffin and never letting her go and I'm MAKING HER MY NEW FORUM THEME IT'S JUST TOO CUTE TO LET IT GO.

Anyone else looking towards potential team members? I already know I'm using Rowlet, and probably Salandit assuming he gets a good evolution. Assuming Vikavolt has good stats, probably him as well. I'm also looking towards Mudsdale. I usually like to use a dragon, so I'm still on the look out for one besides Drampa.

there's too many to choose but I know I'm certainly going with Rowlett and that amazing final evo

Top contenders:
Vikavolt
Lurantis
Oricorio (either Fire/Flying or Ghost/Flying)
Alolan Sandslash
Salandit

^in fact as it stands that's my team right now probably, which is strange because they're all so tiny

Will probably use at some point:
Tapu Koko
Lunaala
Mimikyu
Wimpod ('s evolution if it has one)
Bewear

I really don't pick teams until I'm actually playing the game tho so this is mostly just a list of the pokemans i like the most so far

Not really sure how to feel about Z-moves, but whatever.

At least we have another ghost type with the bird, but I want more dammit.

The alt-formes are neat, but I'm hoping they don't use it as an excuse to skimp out on new Pokemon and I'm hoping that it's for more than just Gen I because my interest for those will diminish if that's the case.

Dr. Alphys said:
O...kay?

They also showed a Pokemon clearly based on a mantis, yet it was only Grass-type so it doesn't surprise me.

I hope that thing adorable little Litten turns into doesn't turn out to be part-fighting type. Already not the biggest fan of the design, but if it's a dark-type that shoots spirals of fire out of its crotch(that sure is what it looks like in the original "leak"), then I will like it. I think I like Popplio and Rowlet the most(those two better not be too freaking small like the others so that I could ride them).
Sylveon said:
600px-037Vulpix-Alola.png

I'm making her my new muffin and never letting her go and I'm MAKING HER MY NEW FORUM THEME IT'S JUST TOO CUTE TO LET IT GO.
Yes! I loved the foxes from the start too! I gotta see their shinies! :D :D :D

Mari Ohara said:
alSO I JUST LEARNED CYNTHIA IS GOING TO BE IN THIS??? ? ? ? AAAAAAAAA

i can't name a full team atm but i know i'm sure as hell using fire-type oricorio and probably exeggutor

Back