Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (Please put leaks and spoilers in spoil boxes!)

Mimikyu said:
festival plaza is pain
"hey, remember how gen 6 had a nice and clean online layout? well, fuck you, enjoy this plaza that makes everything 10x more complicated than it needs to be."

found a liechi berry under a random berry tree

man i remember when these things used to be rare

also i did not expect to be fighting Dexio at all when i went to start the journey to the Battle Tree
i nearly got stomped

tumblr_oh7ubjXklJ1v74qzto1_500.jpg

this is it this is every single cutscene

reminder to get your MCD today with the QR scanner

man I love my team now
I'm at po town and I have nearly all of my most wanted pokemon (still hoping I find an exeggutor somewhere though lol)
  • Lv. 46 Ninetales (Kholdstare)
  • Lv. 46 Dugtrio (Dudebro)
  • Lv. 45 Salazzle (Dazzlebutt)
  • Lv. 46 Decidueye (Memelet)
  • Lv. 46 Persian (Smasher)
  • Lv. 46 Raichu (Pichi-hime)

also can I just say that all of team skull's themes are just amazing

and that hau is an annoying fuck lol

Just beat the game. I'm probably going to talk about my feelings regarding the game a bit more somewhere down the line, but for now, here's my team:

IkrhZNu.png

ok so I just got to the fourth island

holy mother of FUCK things got intense super fast

ok I was not expecting lillie, gladion, and lusamine to be a family at all

and wow lusamine is such a twisted bitch, wanting to kill nebby for her own selfish purposes

I was suspicious of lillie at first but boy did I read that completely wrong lol

I never thought team skull and the aether foundation would be working together at all, let alone to this extent; they're like polar opposites on the surface

major props to guzma and lusamine for being some really unexpected and pretty badass villains

now I just need a moment to collect myself... that was insane

Doing post game stuff

Caught a Xurkitree with Modest nature and 31 IVs in Sp. Atk and I love it so much
second favourite UB behind Buzzwole for sure

I love the way it dances
and how its literally an electric tree
and how its ya boy but electric
and SHOCKY JAZZ HANDS
and everything about it

Made it to the battle tree, hatched 20 minior eggs and got the IV checker added to the PC
its so good

also chained a wishiwashi until i had 55 and then just caught it
its adamant with 4 perfect IVs
wew
wew
wew

also slowly completing my dex im at 45%

Is it normal that the post-game content is completely destroying my ass? Like, I like to imagine I am at least semi-competent at this Pokémon stuff, but

Dexio and Blue

just completely fucked me up, I could barely beat the former and the latter outright killed me with two of his mons left standing.

I didn't have much trouble with the former (though it was harder than anything else the game had thrown at me up to that point) but the latter I chose the other opponent, got ohko'd and reset because I figured it was intended that I do the other post-game quest first.

In hindsight a level 70 using a physical electric move on my level 64 starmie with a defence lowering nature should always ohko.

Just keep trying I guess. Or grind.

the game difficulty increases at an exceptionally fast rate after beating the champion and its rather cheap imo

like suddenly after beating a team of lv 50-55s everyone has lv 60s-70s and the jump is extremely noticable

I was also walled from getting UB03 for a while because I had to battle the fairy trial captain and her team was level 61-66 iirc, and i barely made it out alive from red's team because i forgot healing items and just had revives. thankfully the other half of poni island was a pretty difficult slog because now my team is all lv 65-70

i'm reminded of sinnoh's post-game in a way
which is a good thing

Golisopod said:
like suddenly after beating a team of lv 50-55s everyone has lv 60s-70s and the jump is extremely noticable

You say that but the levels the trainers have in the areas towards the Battle Tree are Lv56-61, which is a perfectly natural curve considering the champ's pokemon are lv56-58 and there's 6 of them there while normal trainers have 1-4 generally. The Red/Blue fights are all Lv65-66 with the exception of Pikachu which is Lv70 because Pikachu sucks. It's also the only one with a hold item because Pikachu without Light Ball sucks even more. By then you'll probably be on par with them if you don't turn off exp share. You also have the advantage of hold items so that's nice. You can grab a Life Orb for free out there.

The Dexio fight however is noticeably more difficult than what it should be since he has all Lv61's. He is the spike on the curve, but the only one.

Golisopod said:
I had to battle the fairy trial captain and her team was level 61-66 iirc,
All her pokemon are Level 61, it's the same battle that you can have with here near the Battle Tree except without the z move.

edit:
well I wanted to see if the Red fight was actually secretly demonic and it definitely was the hardest fight in the game so far, but I also handicapped myself by not using any healing items. To be fair, my Magnezone literally lived with 1 hp and three of my pokemon were in the red, the other three in yellow. My levels were Lv64-66. There was a close call with Arcanine dying to Wild Charge recoil but thankfully I had given him a Sitrus Berry ahead of time. Scald is actually stupidly useful. Masquerain also was able to tank anything Snorlax could do after an Aurora Veil + Intimidate + Scald.

His hardest Pokemon was probably Snorlax, then Charizard. The other three didn't really do much. Venusaur poisoned my Ninetales? His Pikachu didn't do shit so it was almost like a 6v5.

Crackin355 said:
ok then, maybe I just suck tbh, but mostly I was trying to convey how difficult I thought the post-game was in response to Edo's post but thanks for informing me how inaccurate my half-assed broad opinion of the game was and why pikachu sucks and why pokemon is so easy I guess :V

don't be like that

lv60-70 is misleading even if it's technically accurate because of Pikachu, I'm just correcting you because I personally thought the difficulty of the post-game has been handled very well.

it could also be that the pokemon you have just aren't good for this specific area. 'mons like Lycanroc don't hold up so well. e.g If my Ninetales didn't have Snow Warning then it would just get ohko'd by most stuff I've fought in the post-game, because the offensive abilities of mine suck ass even with Blizzard. Stuff like Metagross which didn't stand out much when I first got it is now showing why it's so good. My Magnezone which was amazing for the story is now rather standard.

or you can just get upset at my own half-assed broad opinion of the game :V.

Crackin355 said:
fair enough
i clearly didn't express my views very well and remembered shit awfully

its not that its unfairly difficult really
its that standardization of your team against the wild pokemon and trainers which caught me by surprise and i interpreted it as the game's difficulty curve being steep so apologies for coming off as salt city

that's fine, it happens sometimes. it's late too.

fwiw the post-game is legitimately more difficult than anything in the main story, but that's intentional and imo if it didn't deliver then it would be a sub-par post-game you-dig.

I managed to beat the guy at the battle tree after getting the lagging half of my team to catch up.

Still feel like nailing
Dexio
to a stake though. Piece of shit.

realtalk nebby memes are good

cb1.png

Mienshao said:
lillie used slam!
dc8.png

it's super effective!

What the pew did pew just pewing say about me, you little pew? I’ll have pew know I graduated top of my class in the Nebby Seels, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Ola, and I have 200 BST.

I am trained in Oranguru warfare and I’m the top Nebby in the entirety of Alola. Pew are nothing to me but just another bag. I will escape the pew out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my nebbing words.

Pew think pew can get away with putting me in the bag? Think again, pew. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Cosmog across Ultra Space and pewur ID is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Z-Splash, Wimpod. The Z-Splash that wipes out the pathetic little thing pew called pewur life. Pew're pewing fainted, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can faint pew in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Teleport.

Not only am I extensively trained in nebulous combat, but I have access to an entire arsenal of two moves and I will use it to its full extent to wipe pewur miserable Ash-Greninja off the face of the continent, pew little Shiinotic. If only pew could have known what unholy retribution pewur little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon pew, maybe pew would have held your pewing tongue.
But pew couldn’t, pew didn’t, and now pew’re paying the price, pew Arceusdamn idiot. I will Muk fury all over pew and pew will drown in it.

Pew’re pewing dead, Skiddo

when you're taking the #nofapnovember challenge

gladion-battle-pokemon-sun-and-moon.jpg

Back