Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (Please put leaks and spoilers in spoil boxes!)

Golisopod said:
nyrie hmu when you're in chat next i need to give you a 6IV minior
doesnt matter anymore my bag got stolen with my 3ds in it so there goes my completed pokedex

Acerola said:
Golisopod said:
doesnt matter anymore my bag got stolen with my 3ds in it so there goes my completed pokedex
well that's fucking shit, i'm sorry to hear that happened and hope you can recover it

Golisopod said:
Acerola said:
Golisopod said:
well that's fucking shit, i'm sorry to hear that happened and hope you can recover it
PMABMl5.jpg

HoHoHonoka Kosaka said:
3sgss9e.jpg

already level 43 because i've been training it oops

ivs are garbage but everything else is fine so nothing a few bottle caps can't fix

Is it scary that my palossand knows the EXACT same moves?

Acerola said:
Golisopod said:

I feel so sorry for you.

So after today I'm gonna probably get hit by lightning or something if I go outside next and I just needed to share this before I probably die

ofvCb9c.jpg

Last night I hatched this precious little shiny minior after a grueling 15 boxes of eggs but what I forgot was that I'd put 18 eggs into poke pelago for the next morning and so when I woke up I was just hatching them all when all of a fucking sudden

9HQXnGs.jpg

check those dates and locations etc. for proof but seriously I need at least 300 years to recover from this because there was a 1/264196 chance that this would happen and just

So someone got concept art with those notes and stuff.

Kukui and Burnet
BQrlLcG.jpg

Hau and Lillie
Dcz6JuC.jpg

Gladion and The Main Character's mom
XcPxr0K.jpg

Ilima and Lana
k10LTKb.jpg

Kiawe and Mallow
AQYGPCr.jpg

Sophocles and Molayne
pIOyHv7.jpg

Mina and Acerola
NvDEtvQ.jpg

Yo boy Guzma and Plumeria
65puHJn.jpg

Faba and Wicke
QFVjHfE.jpg

Dexio and Sina
Q0HPUJN.jpg

Alolan Samson Oak and Grimsley
itPXCAt.jpg

Some battle tree dude and Rotom dex
tqYMgLp.jpg

Beast Ball and Lusamine
LyIlRqH.jpg

Ride Pager and Ride Pokemon
fSsyNcG.jpg

I really like some of these small side doodles.

Especially Lana's, Mina's, Acerola's, Grimsley and Lusamine.

Finally got around to playing some more Moon after so many weeks.

The scene with the Nihilegos and Lusamine was INSANE. I'm glad Guzma ended up not being so bad and seemed to kind of straighten himself out. But holy hell I was honestly not expecting the Nihilego/Lusamine combination.

I actually really enjoyed the fact that Nebby basically became Lunala, and was an outright friendly legendary. I don't know if there's been any Pokemon game like that before where the major legendary is immediately friendly and is created like that, so I really liked that touch.

Now heading to the Pokemon League, currently sporting the following rotational team:

Decidueye (Vinny) - level 49
Palossand (Malcolm) - level 49
Salazzle (Amber) - level 51
Golisopod (Molly) - level 51
Graveler (Kaylee) - level 52
Crabominable (Bruce) - level 50
Pikachu (Gabriel) - level 50
Toucannon (Joel) - level 52
Sandslash (Sarah) - level 51
Araquanid (Jessica) - level 50

Just caught a Drampa so I'm debating on whether or not I should use it or if it's too late and not worth the hassle. Also really interested in evolving Graveler with somebody but I have zero idea how online works in Sun/Moon, send help

Araquanid said:
Also really interested in evolving Graveler with somebody but I have zero idea how online works in Sun/Moon, send help
I assisted
but then packy backstabbed me by killing my pokermans with the golem
packy how could you ;-;

completed the alola dex a few minutes ago. that was an experience and by an experience i mean holy FUCK braviary was a pain to level up.

HoHoHonoka Kosaka said:
completed the alola dex a few minutes ago. that was an experience and by an experience i mean holy FUCK braviary was a pain to level up.
Don't forget some of the dragons too.

I have trained two Deinos in the past, and both of them started at level 1.

god gamefreak could not have made the perfect zygarde hunt more difficult

no notification on the bottom map when you're near a cell
no 'remaining cells on island' counter
making cells day and night exclusive

i had to go through the list on serebii at least twice before i finally found the one bastard cell i was missing

can't wait for them to pull this shit with every subsequent game

i didn't know zygarde could breed

I'm surprised no one's talking about the healing items in this game, they did some ballsy moves with them.

The vending machine drinks getting nerfed, Super Potions actually being more viable for longer, Max Potions seeing consistent use because Hyper Potions don't heal all of your HP (barring health tanks) anymore. If anything surprised me the most in this game, it was those decisions, easily.

also:

9c9i6Wb.jpg

my first shiny in at least four years, ready for the taking

then it uses this move I've never seen before, called "Final Gambit"

obviously it's some variation of self destruct so once again, I do not get the shine

Filling up the Pokédex is a pain, but I'm currently at 87%.

There is a neat trick about the GTS. One of the best Pokémon to use is Corsola, since they are rare to find. Just plop one of them in the GTS and hopefully you will find the Pokémon that you want.

The way I did it is that I bred the Corsola with a Ditto. Using the Oval Charm, it's way easier finding eggs. Then, I used Poké Pelago to put 18 of them in the hot spring and used Pokébeans to speed up the process. When they all hatched, I put them on the GTS for a fully evolved Pokémon. When I recieved the Pokémon a few seconds later, I put that one on the GTS for its pre evolved forms.

Lyn said:
9c9i6Wb.jpg

my first shiny in at least four years, ready for the taking

then it uses this move I've never seen before, called "Final Gambit"

obviously it's some variation of self destruct so once again, I do not get the shine

I feel so bad for you.

Lyn said:
I'm surprised no one's talking about the healing items in this game, they did some ballsy moves with them.
because you can't handle my potions, traveller

Golisopod said:
Lyn said:
because you can't handle my potions, traveller
tbh sitrus berries are better.

You can easily replenish your supplies.

The few item changes just seem like balancing that was a couple generations late. They indirectly made max potions worthwhile to buy and made stat boosting items actually somewhat useful. but both of these changes are minor so it didn't really change anything overall. Just because I use a blue potion instead of a pink potion doesn't mean I'm not still using a potion that heals 200 hp, money is still as plentiful as it has been in every pokemon game so the cost of potions is negligible.

I dropped my 3DS earlier today and the game card came out :(

Retraced my steps, I'm on Route 12 on the 3rd island.

I really enjoy this game's dialogue, Team Skull are hilarious and Guzma is silly and my kind of villain. Hau and the Captains' lines always feel genuine and believable, I'm really attached to them. Music is hype too. Btw, do the 'pick an option' parts in conversations do anything? Cause whenever I pick one my fellow gives a very vague reaction.

I've completed the main story of Sun. Honestly, this is some of the most fun I've had with Pokémon in years. I liked it a lot more than Gen VI. The improvements to gameplay general quality of life are very welcome. And the story was great. I was actually invested in the story and the characters. That's something XY was sorely lacking. Here, I feel emotion for the side characters.

Oh and there was actual difficulty. I blacked out in a Pokémon game for the first time in years. No specific spoilers but one totem Pokémon swept my team. Also I turned the experience share off. Great choice BTW.

Well, onwards towards post game content!

Team:
Decidueye
Alolan Raichu
Salazzle
Golisopod
Alolan Ninetales
Kommo-o

Welp, I've finished the main story of Moon. This game certainly blew away my expectations in story and gameplay.

The two issues I have are the Pokédex accessibility and the difficulty. I wish that after looking at a Pokémon's habitat I could immediately return to the overworld, but I had to spam B a buncha times just to start moving while the memory of the grass patch I had in mind slowly fades away. About difficulty, all but two of the captains/kahunas/totems were complete pushovers, which is probably due to them specializing in a specific type I could sweep against. But I did black out twice, and I haven't started the battle tree yet, so.

Finishing Team:
Chobblin the Lv65 Primarina
Chobblin the Lv60 Snorlax
Bouncee the Lv63 Tsareena (Traded)
Chobblin the Lv60 Muk
Chobblin the Lv55 Minior
Chobblin the Lv37 Magneton

When I entered the Pokémon League room, I forgot I had a low level Magneton in my team, as I only brought it in to evolve it and add it to my Pokedex, so it just tagged along for the ride.

Current team:
Snorlax
Primarina
Tsareena
Muk
Sandslash
Minior

Wanted team:
Primarina
Turtonator
Minior
Buzzwole
Sandslash
Muk

I'm currently:

Catching all the Ultra Beasts. Four Pheromosas was a bit boring, but the music makes up for it.

beat the game about a week and a half ago but i never posted about it lol

I thought it was great! I'm one of the weirdos who liked Y a lot, but Sun surpassed it for me in most regards (...most. Festival Plaza is total shit and integrating the online into it was a horrible idea compared to Gen 6's nice and simple layout, and some of the pogeys are far too obtuse in obtaining.)

Forgot the levels at time of victory, but my team was Palossand, Alolan Marowak, Crabominable, Magnezone, Gumshoos, and Decidueye.

Back