Mario Kart 8 BETA trick animations.

Starlight24

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Hi there.

Well i actually noticed this for a long time ago but never thought it was relevant at all ; But since there's a section in The MK8 page that actually talks about unused and early stuff , i think i should share something too.

I believe this happened with most if not all the characters , but i couldn't help but notice that Rosalina's animations were changed ; Not heavily but it's still noticeable.

In the trailer this is her First trick were she waves at the screen:

I4zuPrw.png

This was slighly changed for the demo builts as you see in a Gamexplain video

N4cyNRy.png

She opens her arm and turns around way more , which is almost identical to the one used in the final game. The difference is that Rosalina waves with her Right hand , while in the Final game she waves with her Left hand (in normal races , and that was a normal race not mirrored or anything)

VwGMLn3.jpg

For the second trick , you can see her leg positions while in the air are slightly different

tcIaHue.png

Than in the final

74PFmqO.jpg

And she also moves her right arm way more in the final.

If you see the actual video and you compare it to the actual game footage (even if it's not 60fps) the animation in the early built was more stiff and not as fluid as in the final.

Fun fact: apparently a very similar (if not identical) ''wave to the screen'' trick given to Baby Rosalina in the final game.

LfzXxSx.jpg

So , is this information relevant enough to be added , or not?.

Would be nice if we had GIFs to directly compare the two.

You can just play the game or search for videos to compare

Nevertheless , you can still see the obvious difference of animation and poses, especially on the first trick.

Well, yeah, but it would be much easier to view them side by side, and it would be more convenient overall. But either way, you can note it in the appropriate Mario Kart 8 pre-release and unused content article.

Back