Super Mario Bros. Z Reboot

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User

You're seeing that right. The reboot series of SMBZ has officially started today! It's also being made by Alvin-Earthworm, the original creator, as well.

I kinda like that he changed the Mario Kart Tournament to a Smash Tournament. That was we get to see some action between the Mario Bros. and the Wario Bros. early on in the series. Also that fight was pure hilarity as well.

The inital Bowser fight was great as well but it lost a bit of the power and pace it had in the original episodes 1 & 2 (or maybe thats just me).

I also like how Rawk Hawk is one of the commentators.

Then comes the "Fire" Part. Holy shit, gotta love that music, and a pretty epic sequence at that.

Metal Bowser was intense again and I really liked that one scene where Luigi stepped up against Bowser when he was about to kill Mario.

Overall I think this Episode was executed really well, although I used to enjoy the fight scenes more for some reason. Maybe we'll get to that once the Reboot reaches Original Episodes 5 & 6 (Brawl on a vanishing island).

Newgrounds Link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668690

Also if this is in the wrong board plz move I wasn't sure where to put it.

Something I noticed is that the ground is not present often. Like there's lots of parts that just seem weird because it doesn't show the ground they're walking/fighting on. The parts that did have it were easier to watch. and sprites are a lot closer to the screen than before I think?

I agree that the fight wasn't as enjoyable as some of the fights in the original but I mean, the first episodes of the original weren't really as good as the later ones too.

also rawk hawk just watching instead of actually helping out lmao

It's nice to see it back. I swear I heard some OPM music in there too which made me laugh a little.

and the monty oum/satoru iwata dedicated to section at the end was top.

oh, wow!

this is a series i've loved since i first watched it

glad to see it's making a return, i just hope alvin manages to complete it this time around

Back