Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Articles

CM30

Koopa Troopa
Okay, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam is now out in Europe, Japan and Australia. However, even despite this, there's still a huge amount of content from the game that needs to be added to the wiki, like information about the different areas, enemies, bosses (especially the new ones), papercrafts, battle cards, etc.

So we're a bit behind on covering the game, and I thought it's time to start a project for it. I've already started pages for most of the Bros and Trio Attacks (just got Trio Meteor left to do), and have been making a few pages for locations too (added Gloomy Woods and Twinsy Tropics, but need to get round to Mount Brrr and the new Neo Bowser Castle), but I can't do all this alone. Heck, given my lack of skill when it comes to these games, I sometimes doubt I'll even manage to complete all the harder versions of the Lakitu Info Centre quests, or get all S rankings on the papercraft battles.

So here's what we need to work on:

Characters

Paper Goomba (recurring mook/guide/traitor)

Locations

Mount Brrr
Doop Doop Dunes Grotto
Twinsy Tropics Dungeon
Neo Bowser Castle

We also need a few good writers to look into the existing location pages and edit them to be a bit more consistent and useful to the reader. The current ones are rather barebones to say the least...

Enemies

Shiny Shy Guy
Shiny Fire Bro
Shiny Boomerang Bro
Shiny Broozer
Shiny Sombrero Guy

We also need someone with a bit of free time to go through the existing enemy pages and add more information about their Paper Jam attack patterns in. Most of the articles that exist only seem to really cover their appearances in Dream Team and Sticker Star.

Bosses

All papercraft bosses need articles. The regular bosses also need their pages expanded to cover their attack patterns in Paper Jam a bit more.

Lists

The game has a basic template for a Battle Cards list, but it needs someone who's willing to go through their entire card list and write down what each of them does, the price, where they got it, etc.

In addition to that, we need:

A Gear list, like in the last three games.
A bean locations list
A drill spots list
A block locations list (all three of these have counters in the menu)
Level progressions list (which says how much stats increase by at each level)
Enemy statistics page (all stats for enemies and bosses as taken from the game itself)
Expert Challenges (this will need to be a bit different, since the game categories them under three tabs now)

Information about the Lakitu Info Centre quests. Given that these have significantly different gameplay and quite a few things to cover, this will likely mean a page for every unique sidequest and mini game in Paper Jam.

We may also need to set up an Unused Content page, where differences between the final game and the early videos are shown. The article already notes that the Kamek battle used to take place in Sunbeam Plains instead of Neo Bowser Castle, but we need to integrate the changes from here too:

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam - The Cutting Room Floor

So, is this anyone else interested in helping with this?

So, given it's now out in the US as well, is anyone else adding content for this game? I've made the glitches page pretty comprehensive now:

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_glitches_in_Mario_%26_Luigi:_Paper_Jam

But I'd like to work on the Battle Cards and Lakitu Info Centre mission lists as well.

i've heard that prima is not making a guide for paper jam

which means, if there is no other game guide out there, then we're kinda ----ed unless someone data mines the enemies' stats

Baby Luigi said:
i've heard that prima is not making a guide for paper jam

which means, if there is no other game guide out there, then we're kinda ----ed unless someone data mines the enemies' stats

Yeah, I heard that as well.

But for the HP and stuff, I guess we can figure that out ourselves, right? And given how quick 3DS games are being hacked now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was data mined within about a week or two.

Pretty sure it was already data-mined to an extent; why do you think we already have sprites from the game in the spriter's resource

now if other people care about enemy stats....

Back