How do you add a background to a video?

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
I want to know how I can have an image as a background, but have a video playing as the "foreground", per say.

I don't want any illegal answers.

iMovie (Mac)

*insert blank here* (Windows)

:/

But I guess video editors can cover that?

I don't have a Mac. I've been looking for a video editor to do that but Google's given me nothing.

Get Sony Vegas. It's the best.

Nozomi Toujou said:
I want to know how I can have an image as a background, but have a video playing as the "foreground", per say.

I don't want any illegal answers.
Well if you have the right video software, you can make a picture and leave it blank in the areas where the video would be. I don't think you can do that with free video editing software like WMM or something.

Sony Vegas is $400. I don't have $400 to shell out on a video software, sorry.

DragonFreak said:
Well if you have the right video software, you can make a picture and leave it blank in the areas where the video would be. I don't think you can do that with free video editing software like WMM or something.
That's what I'm currently trying to find.

I've seen some of Sony Vegas and it's probably too complex and expensive for anything you're going to use.

I mean I use Camtasia and it's really good and will do pretty much everything you need and it's 250 dollars, which is proooooooobably still too expensive for you.

It's hard to recommend a good video editor since I haven't used any others buuuuuuut this might help you decide. None of them are free but they are all under 100 dollars.

You can get Sony Movie Studio which is a cheaper version of Vegas. It's like $50. Y'know Vegas is the way to go for YouTube Poop.

Here is an example of one of my YTPs.

do you know if somy movie studio allows me to add a background to my stuff, though? (or a cutout of a video in an image, whatever you want to call it)

if it doesn't then i think you missed the point of my question

Nozomi Toujou said:
do you know if somy movie studio allows me to add a background to my stuff, though? (or a cutout of a video in an image, whatever you want to call it)

if it doesn't then i think you missed the point of my question

It can do pretty much any other complex effect AFAIA. It probably has that feature you're looking for.

Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:
It probably has that feature you're looking for.
I searched up on Google and found absolutely nothing about the feature. This leads me to believe you posted in here with nothing but the intention to harass me, which I told you to stop doing.

Also, I hope I don't come in here and find 50 other people calling him out, I think I'm enough.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:
It probably has that feature you're looking for.
I searched up on Google and found absolutely nothing about the feature. This leads me to believe you posted in here with nothing but the intention to harass me, which I told you to stop doing.

Also, I hope I don't come in here and find 50 other people calling him out, I think I'm enough.

No, I didn't had the intent to harass you. TBH, I never had that intent when coming here. Your just accusing me of something that I didn't even had the intent to do. I wasn't even harassing you.

i'm sorry but it's your track record and it was really concerning to me

just: don't suggest anything if you aren't sure that it'll help my problem

Here is proper suggestion.

A lot of professional style video editing tools that I know of like Adobe Premiere and Vegas have all sophisticated video tools and effects.

But you want to "have an image as a background, but have a video playing as the "foreground"".

Sony Vegas and Sony Movie Studio have that event pan and crop thingy tool and you can position the size of a video or image. It's a common thing in many YouTube Poops and YTPMVs. They can overlap each other.

Here is an example of the event pan and crop tool being utilized in some videos of mine.

This one has simply one big image.

There are some sections with two images and they appear in a couple frames.

Also they both don't have to be all images. One can be a video and it works fine.

This is of course my experience with Vegas (the same can be applied to Sony Movie Studio).

Hope this helps.

ahhh okay i see, i guess i was searching the wrong thing

sorry for being so hostile, i get money later and i'm going to see what out of the options is best for me

Back