More browser problems.

SiFi

Star Spirit
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
SiFi
Something is constantly changing my homepage and default search engine in Firefox behind my back. Whenever I go to the settings screen to change them to what I want, they still change back before I've even restarted the program. The URL for the homepage it keeps forcing on me is this:
Code:
http://searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net/h?eq=U0EeCFZVBB8SRggWcF9aWQwQQxhFdAwLTA0UQAwOIV0MBBRHEVYVdQxeUA8SGQAFIk0FA18DB0VXfWFoKB8fHGZGIUtbCW0eTn5NL04=
And the search engine it uses is simply called "Default" with no icon associated with it. Both redirect to Yahoo. I've uninstalled programs that may have caused it but even then the problem persists across multiple computers. My dad says he's been having the same issue with Chrome and his solution was to completely reinstall it. That's all I can say for now that I think may be of any use.

is it ad/malware? those tend to force pages.

E: as well as toolbars, closes, etc.

Googling "akamaihd", which was part of the URL I pasted, says yes. They also give very convoluted instructions for removing it and I don't really know what to trust, especially since they mention symptoms I don't seem to be experiencing.

have you not experienced any of them or only some of them?

It looks like I was wrong about it being on every computer I use, but I'm sure that was the case at one point. Now it just seems to be on one (but I can't double-check this right right now because my dad's on it)

if possible run that url through an antivirus software when your dad is done.

Back