Angela's Top (Insert a number here)

Ooh, I love Cedar Point! Not the roller coasters, but there are other things there, too. And the hotel is really nice.

JG Wentworth said:
what and where is cedar point
Cedar Point is the best theme park in the world with 16 (soon to be 17) roller coasters and about 75 rides. It is located in Ohio on a peninsula on Lake Erie.

Stargazing said:
Ooh, I love Cedar Point! Not the roller coasters, but there are other things there, too. And the hotel is really nice.
They completed a two year renovation of the Hotel Breakers which opened in 1905.

Viper26 said:
Not into them?
I'm scared of them. I like the more on ground rides better, like Matterhorn or Scrambler. I also like the Windseeker (and I guess that's the closest to roller coaster I'll go, heh).

Stargazing said:
Viper26 said:
Not into them?
I'm scared of them. I like the more on ground rides better, like Matterhorn or Scrambler. I also like the Windseeker (and I guess that's the closest to roller coaster I'll go, heh).
I was like that last year, but I'll go on anything at my home park.

Stargazing said:
Viper26 said:
I was like that last year, but I'll go on anything at my home park.
I don't think I can outgrow this one, unfortunately.
Try riding smaller coasters like Blue Streak and the Mine Ride first. Then ride smaller looping coasters like the Corkscrew. You'll eventually be riding big ones like Leviathan and Millennium Force in no time.

I'd ride Valravn. Looks pretty fun.

I enjoyed Raptor and Rougarou. Haven't gotten the chance to try GateKeeper yet.

As for Star, per Viper26. I'd recommend starting with Iron Dragon. Pretty tame, you're in a boxcar pretty much, and it never goes upside down.

Top 10 Roller Coasters for Six Flags Great Adventure​

I haven't been to Great Adventure, so this is based upon the videos I've watched.

Number 10: El Diabolo

El Diablo is an utterly unique seven story tall looping steel coaster which towers over the Plaza del Carnaval section of the park. You’ll face off against other riders in specially designed seats which bolt up and back the looped track like a pendulum, higher and higher until you’re suspended completely upside down in mid-air! Then El Diablo gains enough momentum to soar through a full 360 degree loop, again and again and again! The steel beast can even change directions, halfway through the loop! This super-swift super-coaster stands tall next to Six Flags Great Adventure behemoths like El Toro. But it will take super-sized courage to ride this Devil!

Number 9: Runaway Mine Train

This classic steel coaster takes you back to the old days, when life was simple. A prospector on the wild frontier could make a fortune mining for gold…as long as the brakes on his old mine car held out. Now you can feel the high-speed charge of flying down the rails on a runaway mine train. This longtime favorite has been thrilling miners of all sizes at Great Adventure for more than three decades, and now you’ll see why. First you’ll haul your gold up a 60-foot hill, and suddenly you’ll drop 39 feet, building up to a swift 38 miles per hour as you race through the trees. Then your train chugs through a series of twisty helixes, curves, and hops, through the untamed foliage of the old west. You’ll make a pulse-quickening drop right over a beautiful lake, so close that you can practically see the gold nuggets under the water. If only that train would slow down long enough for you to grab ’em. How’s a prospector supposed to earn a living under these conditions? Best to just hang on and have the time of your life, there’ll be plenty of time for mining tomorrow!

Number 8: Green Lantern

You won’t believe how smooth this ride is, considering you are flying at 63 miles per hour—all while standing up. Humans just weren’t designed to move this fast … but super heroes were. The bright green and yellow track will lead you on a record-setting journey, smashing all the previous title-holders for height, speed, drops, inversions, length. It all starts with a 155 foot hill. Now that you’re committed, how about a bravery-crunching 144-foot drop followed immediately by a 121-foot loop? Now you’re starting to feel super! On the blisteringly fast 100 foot diving loop, wave high to SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight next door, but don’t get too friendly because immediately you’ll soon be zooming into an ultra-unique 72-foot inclined loop. The entire vertical loop is tilted at an angle, and you enter it sideways, because super heroes don’t need to fly in straight lines. Over the 4,155 feet of track, you’ll hug the ground, take crazy corkscrews, and do your best to break the sound barrier over and over again. All in a day’s work for GREEN LANTERN!

Number 7: Rolling Thunder

The structure and track was mostly built from 850,000 feet (259,080 m) of Douglas Fir. In the past, the Douglas Fir had been treated with pesticides which were not considered environmentally friendly and the track and supports were slowly being replaced with southern yellow pine. The track was made by bolting seven layers of wood. In most places on the ride, there were two layers of southern yellow pine, which sat atop five layers of Douglas-Fir. Older sections of track still had seven layers of Douglas-Fir (mostly on the lift) and there were refurbished sections of track with seven layers of southern pine. A 7-inch-wide (180 mm) strip of steel was bolted onto the top layer of wood track and three-inch-wide pieces of steel were bolted onto the sides. Unlike most racing coasters, Rolling Thunder's tracks were not always next to each other, they separated at several points in the ride. After the first drop, the left track traveled over a big hill, followed by a small hill, whereas the second track reversed that. On the turnaround at the back, the left track traveled up and made a level turn, while the right track traveled up and dropped while turning. The hills on the return segment were also staggered. The trains were not always raced. Unfortunately, it's gone.

Number 6: Batman the Ride

As you load into your chair hanging from an overhead track, you’ll really take notice that you’re about to fight crime with your feet just dangling free in the air. Following a 10 story lift to the top of the world, brace yourself for a full 360 degree loop right off the bat backwards. You’re a global Super Hero, you don’t need to warm up. You can even do it backwards!
After escaping that obstacle, now there’s a backwards zero-G roll that you won’t see coming, then a second loop waiting for you about ten seconds later, which you’ll experience backwards. Okay, you’re starting to get the hang of this. Next you’ll be blindsided by a double set of corkscrew descents with enough G-force to make you scream in slow motion. All told, you’ll face a mind-warping five inversions and you will never see them coming.

Number 5: Bizarro

3,985 feet is a lot of track, and plenty of time for you to get to know BIZARRO and the backward “S” stamped on his chest. You’ll see every inch of that track because you’ll be taking this one floorless, with your feet just dangling in the air. BIZARRO hasn’t got the charm part of being a super hero down yet, he just bluntly cuts right to the action. Let’s kick things off with a 132-foot drop. Then BIZARRO will shoot you through a terrifying tunnel of white mist, in the shape of his stolen SUPERMAN shield. Listen closely to the killer sound design pumping into your ear, then brace yourself because you’re in for one of the tallest vertical loops in the world—a whopping 114 feet. At least BIZARRO is ambitious. This is followed immediately by a dreaded dive loop and a zero G roll. Watch out for the explosions of fire going off right in your face! At 60 miles per hour and taking as much as 4 Gs, you’re probably starting to figure out what it feels like to have super hero strength, both with and without gravity. Now it’s time to fly into a cobra roll, a double-inversion that forms the shape of a snake head, spitting you back out even faster in the same direction you started. But tell that villain you’ve got some moves of your own by now, darting towards the insane finish with a hellacious helix, a couple of interlocking corkscrews, and a sick hammerhead turn, as fast as a speeding … well, you get the idea.

Number 4: Superman, Ultimate Flight

Up in the air, it’s a bird, it’s a plane … it could be you. This heroically-proportioned 106-foot tall steel champion is not just one of the most creative and insanely designed roller coaster you will ever ride. More importantly, you will get to experience the world through SUPERMAN’s eyes. Step over the threshold of the giant iconic letter S, and into the world of stupendous speed and effortless fluidity. The red and gold tracks shoot in front of and behind you just like the blur of SUPERMAN’s cape, as you travel at hyper-sonic speeds most humans have never known. You’ll ride the way Superman flies—face down and head first. This is the ultimate way to experience the challenge of the mind-ripping new legend, the pretzel loop! Once you clear the first ten story drop, you’ll fly into this totally innovative loop design, which is really two inversions in one. You can tell from the name of the pretzel loop that you’ll be more than slightly twisted by this warped track!

Number 3: Kingda Ka

There’s a reason this coaster is known as the King. Kingda Ka is quite simply the tallest and fastest roller coaster in North America. Is that impressive enough to warrant royalty? You bet it is. This upside down U-shaped track bolts up 45 stories in the sky—that’s 456 feet high! This leaves all other coasters in the dust. And of course it’s going to take some mighty acceleration to get you to the top of it. You’ll leave the station going from 0 to 128 miles per hour in a jaw-dropping 3.5 seconds. Actually, there won’t even be time for your jaw to drop. You’ll be shooting up that impossible height so fast, you won’t even have time to think, so just hang on. It’s 90° straight up. And once you get to the top you’ll be plummeting right back down in a 270-degree spiral that is not recommended for wimps. There is very little that can prepare you for a drop of this intensity—you’re just going to have to wing it. You’ll top it off with a 129-foot camel hump. Well, how else did you think the King got around?

Number 2: Nitro

Nitro is a new breed of thrill ride they call a Hypercoaster, which translates into utterly over the top, speed, height, and airtime. Can you feel the hype? The seating situation is minimal—no shoulder restraints, no sides on the cars – you’ll really feel like you’re just flying through space at insane speeds. You’re going to have little time to gather up your courage, because that first hill is a staggering 233 feet high. As you crest the top, you’re so high up you can literally see Philadelphia! But you won’t get to enjoy the view for long because almost immediately you’ll be thrust down a 215 ft drop. The look of the track itself is one of the most mind-blowing elements of this ride. It’s so slim and sleek; you’ll feel like you’re cutting through the air on a tiny thread of steel. You’ll be flying at 80 mph as you zoom into the second hill, up yet another 181 feet high over the treetops, and down so fast you’ll lift right out of your seat in pure weightlessness. But don’t get too used to it, because you’re about to blast into the totally original hammerhead U-turn, a paralyzing swift reversal. You’ll face an entire mile of that slim, modern, lightning fast track, as it delivers you to a pair of gut-munching horizontal loops, a crazy 540-degree helix spiral, and then a series of camelback hills to finish you off. And that’s definitely something to get hyped about.

Number 1: El Toro

“El Toro” literally means “the bull.” As you feel the power of the bull-like train you’re riding in, you’ll realize how this thriller got its name. This is no peaceful bull—he’s trying to shake you off! This beast bucks wildly so hang on tight!
Ride him up nearly 19 stories to face the first terrifying drop of 176 feet. At a 76 degree angle, that would be the steepest drop of any wooden-style roller coaster in the country. There is a reason El Toro was voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the World by the 2011 Internet Coaster Poll, and this is your first clue. You will zoom through the course at a whopping 70 miles per hour, over a series of insane hills designed to give you maximum airtime. In bull-taming terms, that’s when your tail lifts off the saddle. There will be an amazing nine opportunities to experience this incredible lack of gravity. You’ll take a pair of stupendously steep hills, bank hard left and right, then yet another drop, swerving through the wooden architecture faster than any bull ever ran. The winding serpentine action will feel just like a bull trying to shake you off his back, but hang on tight. With bravery and honor, you can say that you tamed El Toro!

Me neither.

The only amusement parks I've been to are Cedar Point, Michigan Adventures, and the ones at Walt Disney World.

Only one's I've been to are Wild Waves, Silverwood/Boulder Beach and the ones in Disneyland,

Viper26 said:
JG Wentworth said:
what and where is cedar point
Cedar Point is the best theme park in the world with 16 (soon to be 17) roller coasters and about 75 rides. It is located in Ohio on a peninsula on Lake Erie.

remember I'm a new Englander here

i live in massachusetts and ive been to cedar point several times so you have no excuse
even if i hadnt i would have been aware of it

Uniju said:
i live in massachusetts and ive been to cedar point several times so you have no excuse

i go out to Michigan every 3 years but that's it

also do you know where Salisbury is

yeah the other side of the state from me

Uh, El Diablo is NOT a roller coaster, and Rolling Thunder is gone.
Magikrazy said:
I'd ride Valravn. Looks pretty fun.

I enjoyed Raptor and Rougarou. Haven't gotten the chance to try GateKeeper yet.

As for Star, per Viper26. I'd recommend starting with Iron Dragon. Pretty tame, you're in a boxcar pretty much, and it never goes upside down.
Iron Dragon swings like crazy though.

Top Ten Coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure (exclude Total Mayhem)

10. Runaway Mine Train
9. Skull Mountain
8. Superman Ultimate Flight (that dang pretzel loop)
7. The Dark Knight Coaster
6. Green Lantern
5.Batman: The Ride
4. Kingda Ka
3. Medusa (Bizarro)
2. Nitro
1. El Toro

JG Wentworth said:
Uniju said:

i go out to Michigan every 3 years but that's it

also do you know where Salisbury is

Salisbury Plain is in England

[size=12pt]
Top 10 Super Mario 64 Worlds (Bowser's Worlds are not included.) And just a quick reminder about personal opinion, because this might be way out of there for some people.
[/size]

Number 10: Snowman's Land

Ah Snowman's Land. A magnificent winter wonderland. There is only one reason that this beat Cool Cool Mountain by a fraction. The igloo. I felt like it was a really cool feature (I loved it more than the slide) and although the levels were a tad bit challenging and more annoying, the igloo was the cherry on top. And because of the annoyingness, Snowman's Land barely clocked at number 10.

Number 9: Tiny Huge Island

Who can forget our beloved friend Wiggler and the two paintings? Entering a huge painting makes the world huge, but you small. But, if you enter the tiny painting, you are huge, in a tiny world. We can race Koopa the Quick once more, an added bonus. Also, the fish that gulped you, that fish gave me nightmares, and what kind of fish wears a sunglass? That fish does! The huge piranha plant were also fun to kill.

Number 8: Whomp's Fortress

Super Mario Galaxy 2 sure does flare the nostalgia doesn't it? Whomp's Fortress would be one of the most memorable places, but I remember having nightmares for one mission. The King Whomp was fun to ground pound against and the level design was pretty epic also. The fortress, rotating platforms, a pond like area where we can splash around, and who can forget the owl? Definitely, a good level, but 7 other levels would like to say so otherwise.

Number 7: Big Boo's Haunt

Big Boo's Haunt, the equivalent of a Haunted House from Super Mario World. The level is quite huge as there are 2 rooms and a basement. You can also hang out outside, under the moon, while the music plays. We also see Big Boo, not King Boo, mind you. We fight him thrice, after defeating boo's, on the balcony, and in the basement. The merry go round is a fun place to be also. Don't let the music drive you to the point of insanity! Also, just a quick warning, don't touch the piano, no matter how tempting......!

Number 6: Lethal Lava Land

What better than entering a scary painting into a place filled with lava? The music is pretty crisp also. There are quite some things to do outside. Are you bored? Do you want to perhaps roll a log? Collect red coins on Bowser's moving picture? Circle around Mr. I? Ride a shell all over lava? Go for it! One of the most memorable, hilarious things I remember was Mario holding his butt while screaming as he was burned by lava. His eyes also turned into X's and even after he ran out of lives, the process would continue. That is not all, as you can go into the volcano for another environment! Have fun and don't get burned!

Number 5: Shifting Sand Land

Shifting Sand Land is a dangerous place to be in. Seriously. Do you want to sink into quicksand? Thought not. Would you like to be crushed by a Tox Box? Nope. Heck, you could even drown there if you wanted to. The shifting sand land, like lethal lava land has 2 parts. The outside, and the interior of the pyramid. I will go to the interior later. You could have your cap stolen by a condor. That guy has a star in his talons and once you steal it from him, he is going to steal your hat. Don't let that happen to you. Also, by standing tall on 4 pillars, you can access to battle against Eye rock and that is where the pyramid's interior comes in. You can explore all you want as you see even more quicksands and some big rolling things. I like how they have "mummified" Thwomps also.

Number 4: Bob-omb Battlefield

Bob-omb battlefield, does nostalgia strike like a wave again? This is the very first place you can have access to and it is quite fun to explore. You can battle the bob-omb king on top of the summit where you must throw him on his back three times. I'm sure some of you, like me, were tempted to throw him off the ledge. Well, he comes back up, and says it's against the rules. You also battle Koopa the Quick the first time and do not cheat! It is also the home for a wing cap in which you can fly around the whole place and basically, this is the place to just have fun. You can't kill yourself by jumping off the ledge, so that's another plus. Also, would you like to unleash the Chain Chomp that is chained to a log? Watch out though, he can be really gnarly! Also, there are water cannons that would want to pound you, so watch out also!

Number 3: Wet-Dry World

Ah, so we are down to the top 3! I hope these choices don't piss you guys off! Hint: They are all water levels. I have a thing for water levels and there is like some sort of bond between me and them. I mean, seriously, I love water levels very much. I don't really care about the controls that much, but what I care about is either the music, or the overall scenery and how relaxed it makes me feel. You can touch prisms which will either make the water level rise or the water level fall, whichever suits your situation. The outside of wet dry world doesn't really mean much to me, but the town is what gave it the third place. I will get into the town a bit later. The outside is just water heaven as the whole place can be filled with water. You also have those purple guys that can throw you so be careful of him. Nothing much there, but once you go into a cannon and get shot into this cage, you can meet the town. Wow, look at the town. It is basically a deserted town. I don't know why, but I love that place so much! There is a rumor that says that the town was once populous, but a rise in water level drowned everyone there and it has been abandoned since.....

Number 2: Jolly Roger Bay

Immediately once you enter this bay, you succumb to the music. All Nintendo fans have to have at least heard about his music in their lifetime. People claim this is the number one Mario song and I can definitely agree. The type of music I love are the calm ones, instead of the loud ones. Also, Jolly Roger Bay is where the music first appears, but people give credit to Dire Dire Docks for some reason. The music and water are the two main reasons this is at the number 2 spot. You can explore the place all you want and never get bored of it! Also, have you guys met the eel? The eel's star is so hard to get and coaxing him out is pretty hard also. During the first mission, you can go inside the sunken ship and go to the top. Going inside the sunken ship made me think. What caused the shipwreck? Were there people in there? The drums also come in and I don't know why, but the song feels like it will tell me something. I've never had a level made me think hard and get serious. There is also a room where there are pillars that will fall on you and threaten to crush you and there is a treasure chest which you must hit in order unless you want to be shocked. Jolly Roger Bay is an enigma, but what could possibly beat Jolly Roger Bay? Here it is!

Dire Dire Docks
I know, I know, most of you guys don't agree, but hey, this is my personal favorite. As I said, water levels, I love really much, like it's the best, and the docks are no exception. Yes, this place is pretty small and uninteresting, but I feel a sense of security here. It's like being at peace. I usually hang out here the most and I remember when I was little, this used to be my "mini fort" on top of Bowser's submarine, but was disappointed when it was gone. I tried restarting the game and stuff, but nothing happened until I realized that once you beat Bowser in the Fire Sea, say goodbye to the ship. This place brings me so much memories, but remember: JOLLY ROGER BAY is the original place for the music, not DIRE DIRE DOCKS.

Back