Apes vs. Crocs

Stooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Y'know, I always wondered why it was that every crocodile or lizard-like creature posed as a foe to the Kongs. Why is it that these particular lizards and apes actually turn themselves into mortal foes? Now, we all know that apes and crocs don't get along in real life in the first place, but they don't actually make a big deal out of it. What kind of theories could be behind their grudge for each other? Does their racial hatred for each other date back longer than we even know? Or is it something else?

Id understand the rivalary if the Kremlings tried to eat the Kongs now and then.

Free Loader said:
Lario said:
Maybe the Kremlings are trying to take over Donkey Kong Island.

So that's why!
Horray for sarcasm(!)... And in extension, horray for not getting it. The question was WHY are they trying to take over Donkey Kong Island(yes, we all see the "omgomg they evil lol" response, we're thinking of something less cheesy(yes, we all see the "LESS CHEESY IN MARIO LOL?) response, we're thinking of something less stupid(yes, we all see the "its not mario its donkey kong lol" response, but it's still Mario, get over it))).

Ill just agree and say

Next thing you know, Baby K.Roll who battles Baby DK.

Free Loader said:
...Maybe they hate egother because they come from different parts of italia.

But seriously, they both seem to be at least somewhat intelligent life forms, and intelligent life forms have grudges against each other. They're not just animals, they tell they're kids horrible stories about how evil the other side is, so they never forget how much they hate each other. Of course, since this is a cheesy video game, there's always a distinction between who are the "good guys" and who are the "bad guys", so the Kongs really just want to live in peace, but the Kremlings want to take over and cause all kinds of chaos. I guess a video game made by a fellow primate shouldn't be expected to cut the reptiles any slack...
lol

That's a good point. They both have set up pretty advanced civilizations, especially for non-human species. They each have home-towns, places of interest, stores, shops, and many other things. Would it be reasonable to assume that the whole conflict between the Kongs and Kremlings originated over real-estate? Possibly, quite some time ago, there was some sort of war that they had over land. Even though they've seem to come to an agreement over who gets which parts of the island, the war seems to be on its way to peak rage again.

Free Loader said:
Another way to look at it is that Kongs and Kremlings don't really hate each other, K. Rool just hates Kongs. Being king and all, it's probably not hard for him to use the Kremling media to deceive the Kremling public and the Kremling military into hating the Kongs as well. Not all Kremlings are probably even under his rule, I doubt he could have control over the entire species. He probably controls a small fraction of the species, considering he devotes all his attention to this one little group of Kongs(who probably aren't all the Kongs in the world either), if he had control over all the Kremlings in the world, I think he would have bigger things to worry about. Like getting to the moon before the Soviet Kong Union.
*clap clap*

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
Another way to look at it is that Kongs and Kremlings don't really hate each other, K. Rool just hates Kongs. Being king and all, it's probably not hard for him to use the Kremling media to deceive the Kremling public and the Kremling military into hating the Kongs as well. Not all Kremlings are probably even under his rule, I doubt he could have control over the entire species. He probably controls a small fraction of the species, considering he devotes all his attention to this one little group of Kongs(who probably aren't all the Kongs in the world either), if he had control over all the Kremlings in the world, I think he would have bigger things to worry about. Like getting to the moon before the Soviet Kong Union.
*clap clap*
'k

But the last part was random.

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
*clap clap*
'k

But random is good,

Free Loader said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
*clap clap*
'k

It's only random if you don't know your history. :dk:
'K

But we're not there yet in hisory class...

We already finished China, but we didn't learn that...

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
*clap clap*
'k

It was a good analogy though. I should put as much insight into theories as Uni does.

I'm sure there's no Soviet Russia in the Mushroom Kingdom, and beyond.

And nobody should post that Soviet Union Mario!

Looniju said:
You know, everyone says that Donkey Kong from the original Donkey Kong is now Cranky Kong. If that's the case, isn't it possible that the Kongs where not actually always there? They could have been native American, but when they all started getting locked up in the Zoo they decided to escape and find somewhere nice to live without humans who lock them in Zoos. So they migrated to "Donkey Kong Island" where the Kremlings lived.
Nice theory...

Why else would Kremlings have factories in the higher regions of DK Island?

Back