How can I get rid of Dell Audio and use Realtek Audio Manager

Dashbot

BREEE
Often, I'd want to connect a headset, without disabling the inner speakers. You can do this if you have multiple playback devices (accessed by right click on speakers, playback devices and show disabled/disconnected drivers). If you only have a single one, you can use the Realtek HD Audio Manager that is bundled with every audio driver ever..

Except my laptop, where dell decided that this audio manager is too good and replaced it with Dell Audio. A crappy piece of software unable to do most of what I want. I want to open Realtek HD Audio Manager, I can't seem to find it though. I can find RAVCpl64.exe which has the description of "Realtek HD Audio Manager" in Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA, but running it does absolutely nothing.

I tried reinstalling the latest audio update from the dell website, nothing really interesting happens. I can't seem to find the name of my audio driver so I can install it directly from realtek website and avoid dell altogether.

Right now, my audio jack sensor is broken, it doesn't notice that I unplugged my headset, making me entirely unable to use the inner speakers.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521. It's like that Dell employees are paid to make my computer worse... wait

Bottomline: I need a way to output sounds from laptop's inner speakers, even if a headset is plugged in. Otherwise, can someone suggest a good laptop brand that I should buy later when I have enough money,because this is not the only problem I'm encountering with Dell. (terrible screen quality with poor connection resulting in two yellow lines appearing vertically, limited BIOS access, disallowing 3rd party chargers, and sometimes identifying their own charger as 3rd party wtf)

idk exactly what the problem is since I'm having some problems with the sound driver randomly dying on my hp laptop myself.

did you try deinstalling the dell thing with removing the installation software (thats an option when you rightclick the driver)?

after that you could try realtek again

and if it still doesnt work then probably something is disabled in your bios.

Why is this in Wiki Collab? Can a mod move this to HelpDesk?

How the heck did I put this in Wiki Colab. I swear I wasn't drunk..

Emmett Brown said:
did you try deinstalling the dell thing with removing the installation software (thats an option when you rightclick the driver)?

after that you could try realtek again

The idea is, there is no entry for Dell Audio in my Programs list, so I can't install it, I can however uninstall the whole driver and reinstall it, which I did.

I also need a way to know my audio driver so I can search for it on realtek website.

Emmett Brown said:
I didn't miss with default settings, because I don't even have access to them; Dell Bios is very very limited, there are not any options except few boot settings, so that's out of the way.

Emmett Brown said:
idk exactly what the problem is since I'm having some problems with the sound driver randomly dying on my hp laptop myself.
Random question: do you have windows 10?

yes i have windows 10

windows 10 sucks

look in device manager, it tells you the name of your driver.

Knew it, I encountered this bug too, it's the main reason that I reverted back to Windows 8, plus the fact that the start menu randomly stops working

Well, it only says Realtek High Definition Audio. Nothing very specific. Also I have Intel(R) Display Audio. Still wondering how I can download my driver from realtek website.

i would revert back to windows 8 but my graphics card doesnt like it (see the other thread i made about that)

Back