Don't make me unleash the nukes. >:#!!!
do it

fucking come at me, yoshi876; I'll show you the true might of a crocodile

the smart money's on the electric mouse

y876 needs an ass-kicking for the lack of spotlight this month

GBAToad said:
the smart money's on the electric mouse

y876 needs an ass-kicking for the lack of spotlight this month
Shit, I knew I forgot to send it in, even though I thought I had. I assume no objections to me putting it up.

Screw The 'Shroom Ultimate Character Tournament, this is where the real fighting is!

ok a good question for everyone; me and 2257, by suggestion of tfp, devised a new method of viewing youtube links in 'Shroom articles in my Composer Spotlight this month. Clicking the links will create an overlay over the page with the youtube video in it, instead of taking you to a separate tab.

Would you lot be interested in seeing this done more throughout The 'Shroom, or do you prefer the bog standard "click link, go to separate youtube page" system?

The overlay looks gr8. Though it obviously prevents you from easily reading the article without closing it, if the effect you're looking for is to have readers sample a little bit of each song you link before continuing then I think it's much more convenient than opening and closing a bunch of tabs. And, if readers want to keep listening to a particular piece of music while reading the rest of the article they can just open it in a new tab anyway. I like it, and think implementing it across the board would be a good idea.

it doesnt even prevent you from reading the article

if you click outside the box, at least for me, the music continues to play in the background.

oh even better lol

tho i'm unsure about whether i'd prefer it to automatically pause after you close the window or not. right now it's perfect for reading the article with a particular piece of music, but i guess it's a bit of a nuisance having to find the link to music you're listening to, open, pause/stop, close, then open another video to prevent them from playing over each other but honestly that's a non-issue

if it's possible to open another video overlay and have it automatically pause the one you're currently playing then that'd be cool but rn it's pretty much perfect

I think it'd be great for articles with stuff you'd want to have playing in the background. Saves the hassle of hopping to a new page/tab. Would it be possible to autoplay the video once it's been clicked?

In case you guys were wondering where the Monthly Inquisition is, I sent it in a tad late, so it's been postponed to October's issue. Certainly works out in the long run though; they don't have to edit the Issue one last time, and I don't have to do anything for the next month. :cheep:

That aside, great issue!

I love the whole YouTube videos popping out in the page. That would also help other articles on the wiki as well that use YouTube videos as sources. This was a really good initiative from you guys' part.

Nabber said:
can i write an article for next month about why everyone should play undertale
Seeing as that'd come under a review, there should be no reason why you can't :P

y'all motherfuckers ain't shit, 2257 is the real mvp

pretty much
now my nonexistent issues are even more nonexistent if that's even possible

brilliant job 2257

Back