Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

i got the true ending a while back
i teared up when frisk hugged asriel
also i got so fucking scared when asriel came back at the end of the credits
toby fuck you

(also shameless plug to go sign up for undertale mafia)

Nozomi Toujou said:

i'm not sure if anyone didn't see this coming

ooh are we posting south park crossovers?

i love this little goat so much

i'm still not over it, either

x5SZwJ4.png

http://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/132886447985/you-keep-using-the-world-hetero-as-an-adjective

I saw a tumblr post (link above), and I couldn't understand the response. Those of you who are familiar with Undertale, could you tell me what it means?

Thanks for reading.

it probably has nothing to do with undertale at all. the question doesn't relate with anything that happens in undertale. i think the blog owner is just posting a totally unrelated image as a way of implying that the question was too stupid to merit a real response

2257 said:
it probably has nothing to do with undertale at all. the question doesn't relate with anything that happens in undertale. i think the blog owner is just posting a totally unrelated image as a way of implying that the question was too stupid to merit a real response

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for reading.

Threek said:
should we just go ahead and make a mindless junk undertale thread
I could live with this. If we can do this, I CALL TOPIC STARTER.

Gulillilliant said:
x5SZwJ4.png
This is why I love Flowey.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Amazing.

About the Undertale Mafia, I actually had plans to start one but I don't have enough free time on my hands. Or play one, so I'll probably spectate.

freakworld said:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6072-best-game-ever-day-6-undertale-vs-mass-effect-3

so this happened.

however its next opponent is going to be fallout 3.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote

undertale is currently in a lead over fallout 3 with 51% of votes.

asgore's battle theme is a mix of bergentrucking, heartache, and determination (the death song)

i could be wrong about the determination part tho

freakworld said:
undertale is currently in a lead over fallout 3 with 51% of votes.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6125-best-game-ever-day-19-round-2-fallout-3-vs-undertale

a+

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have done the Genocide run? I've stayed as far away from that as possible (Megalovania's basically all I know).

Time Turner said:
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have done the Genocide run? I've stayed as far away from that as possible (Megalovania's basically all I know).
I started it basically right after getting the Pacifist ending. It took a little less time than a pacifist run did but that probably varies from person to person, most of the time spent was grinding and dying.
Undying Undyne took about an hour; give or take 20 minutes, and Sans took two and a half. Grinding encounters in Hotland took four years. Bosses follow a pattern so it'll be rare that you won't make at least some progress past where you died or at least reach that spot again.

I liked the game a lot more after doing Genocide. It's worth a try.

Maki Nishikino said:
I liked the game a lot more after doing Genocide. It's worth a try.
This does not translate to; 'you must do the genocide run to enjoy the game'. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Doing the Genocide path made me appreciate the game more. I recommend giving it a try but it's not for everyone nor is it necessary.

Sans is right about the whole "bad time" thing concerning a Genocide playthrough and I'm not just talking about his boss fight, either. I tried it and honestly the game lost a lot of its fun and charm. Killing everything was slow and tedious. The game's great OST just completely goes away and is replaced with that god-awful droning sound. I wasn't having fun and I felt completely terrible while attempting it. Bad time, indeed. I stopped halfway through Snowdin.

I did decide to watch Joel's stream of it and aside from the exclusive boss fights the only really worthwhile thing about it is
the fact you get to hear Flowey's story from his perspective which in all honesty made me love Asriel more than I already did to begin with. When Chara completely takes over and kills Flowey (with Asriel's face, no less), that part really fucked me up.

My thoughts on Genocide (Which I completed over a month ago) -
GOATMOM FINDS A KID, TRIES TO HELP IT, KID EMPTIES THE RUINS OF ALL LIFE, THE KID PETS A DOG A BUNCH THEN KILLS IT, COOL SKELETON TRIES TO CAPTURE A HUMAN BUT THE HUMAN WALKS ACROSS ALL OF HIS PUZZLES AND KILLS HIM, TRIES TO KILL A MONSTER KID BUT INSTEAD KILLS HIS HERO (Probably a worse scenario for Monster Kid), NERD MAKES ROBOT SUPER STRONG, NERD PRESUMABLY COMMITS SUICIDE, ROBOT KILLED IN ONE HIT MAKING ALL THAT EFFORT POINTLESS, KID SCARES A FLOWER WITH THE LV OF 9999 TO DEATH, SHORT SKELETON REPEATEDLY KILLS THE HUMAN AND KNOWS HE'LL LOSE AND VERY VERY EASILY QUALIFIES AS THAT ONE BOSS, THEN DIES A TRAGIC DEATH, KING TRIES TO BE NICE TO THE KID EVEN AFTER THEY WIPED OUT HIS ENTIRE KINGDOM, THEN KILLED BY HIS OWN SON WHO IS KILLED BY THE KID AS WELL AND THEN THE WHOLE ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD IS DESTROYED.

And after all of that... you can never have a happy ending again, since it's implied that Chara killed everyone. Toby really knows how to punish the players.

I came from 3 years since my last post (besides a name change) to say that I played through this game for each of the different endings, and I believe that Undertale has one of the best stories in any game that I'd ever played.
Also, goat fam is best fam.

Back