Pokémon GO!

Smg2daisy

Star Spirit
MarioWiki
Smg2daisy
Today people in my college told me this since they know that I play Pokémon a lot, and I was like "Isn't the latest thing Pokken?"

This is real. Not another April Fools event, but a real thing that you can use through your phone. Facebook and Twiiter are sharing this like wildfire, people went crazy and excited about it. You can find, catch, trade, and battle Pokémon on your iPhone and Android device. Oh great. They are making something that looks slightly better than Pokémon Shuffle that uses your phone.

#letscatchfishesunderthesea

Re: Pokémon GO! (Oh great, a money maker)

Hopefully no microtransactions but since this is a mobile game I seriously doubt that it won't have any

you sound unnecessarily upset lol

They did that google maps thing a while back didn't they? You could find pokemon on the map or something, maybe that was just some sort of early test to see how successful this could be. idk. The trailer looks way better than that little gameplay snippet near the end, probably to hype up people when the game itself isn't that hype.

Microtransactions are a given.

Of course, this game has microtransactions. A poke ball for a dollar? Hmmm...

I can't wait to catch Magikarp in real life.

Man you're really upset by this pokemon game
you should fix that

I pokeball is 1 Dollar, 1dollar is not RM1 in my country...

Fuck this unless I can transfer all my pokedollars to this app. I am not even kidding. If you want to complete the Pokedex, there are 721 Pokémon out there, and you are not going to trade unless you have a Pokémon for yourself.

I will fix the title tho.

Serebii says it's free to play w/ in-app purchases, which is expected. You won't be forced to pay anything.

We know next to nothing. Just chill.

You suppose so after its 10,000,000+ views on Youtube?

My friend mentioned this earlier and we both agreed we're excited for this.

I wonder if the Pokémon you find depend on where you live, and if so, how much? Will I have to visit a museum to catch an Aerodactyl? :P

Emmett Brown said:
glaceon is at the south pole confirmed
Rayquaza exclusive to the peak of Mt. Everest
Kyogre at the Marianas trench

Kyon said:
There are gonna be so many Ariados' down here.
and a lot of Galvantula so that's not so bad <3

(actually i don't think they've confirmed whether it'll have all 712 pokemans yet)

On topic, I think this game will be fun, even though it's a stripped down version of Pokemon. I liked The Denpa Men for what it was, it had a similar "recruit unique teammates from different locations" system which was fun for long car rides

But what I like about it the most is that it will reach audiences who don't actually want to buy Nintendo systems to play Pokemon. I know a few people who wouldn't touch a Nintendo console if you paid them but are really looking forward to Pokemon Go.

it'd be cool if you could transfer pokemon from the app to the game via pokemon bank or something

GBAToad said:

this is even technically possible because some chinese company placed a phone signal emitter near the peak

Emmett Brown said:
GBAToad said:

this is even technically possible because some chinese company placed a phone signal emitter near the peak
Ooo ooo, Rayquaza's build looks like that of a Chinese dragon too....

Marie said:
where the fuck will i have to go to get aegislash and giratina
Aegislash you need to enter a real castle in real life.

for giratina hmmmmm.... best I can think of is probably go to someplace extremely creepy

Lugia makes more sense in the Bermuda triangle since he's got the whirlpool and wind stuff.

Find Deoxys at Stonehenge

Back