Villains and Bad Guys

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Discuss all the enemies and villains, as the title may have implied; personally, I think the Game Boy comics gave a lot of personality to Tatanga, they gave him actual emotion, instead of just portraying him as a "power mad megalomaniac".

Bowser's my favorite villain solely because he's so full of himself. He's a villain that can manage to be threatening and funny at the same time, and I love that.

Count Connoli from Wario: Master of Disguise is becoming another favorite of mine quickly, though.

Petey Piranha! (Like that wasn't obvious enough!)
I like how he barfs up that goop out of his mouth! I also like the way he
looks! I mean he's king of all Piranha Plants for christ's sake! Who
wouldn't love him? Because I do! And that should be good enough for
you Petey Piranha haters!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a scale of 1-5, he's a 2. Don't love him, don't hate him, but he's just above "hate him".

King Boo, but only in his LM appearance. SMS, no.

What about his other appearances?

And I never really got Smithy, what was his plan? Destroy the world, conquer it, mechanize it?

I think I know all the games he's in:

Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Princess Peach

And:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario Kart DS

Anybody know what he looks like in Super Princess Peach? And I think King Boo sort of looked like a Lil' Boo from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars in Luigi's Mansion, what with the slightly blueish coloration.

Sir Grodus said:
Anybody know what he looks like in Super Princess Peach? And I think King Boo sort of looked like a Lil' Boo from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars in Luigi's Mansion, what with the slightly blueish coloration.

He looks just the same. He hard be to beat be.

What about his other appearances?

And I never really got Smithy, what was his plan? Destroy the world, conquer it, mechanize it?

Smithy wanted to conquer the world, filling it with weapons while removing the power of wishes that would challenge his authority. Mack managed to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, indicating that the plan was not to destroy the world, merely rule it with an iron (no pun intended) fist.

I get it now, anyway, I think Smithy may be one of the more obscure of Mario's villains, even Wart and Tatanga showed up in the comics and got mentioning in other games; aside from his single appearance, Smithy's really doesn't have that much going for him, I don't even think he showed up in Super Mario-kun, which even has a Mario Paint adaptation (I think).

Smithy is very obscure these days - but in 1996 he was all the rage!

Interesting that in the Nintendo Power Awards for 1996, Bowser was nominated for best Hero and worst Villain. He lost to Boba Fett and Mario, unrespectively.

Wizpig tops my list, even though he's semi-mario related

wart follows closely, then Count Consul from Wario Thief.

Jabba the Hutt is the best villan created! he appeared in the SNES adaption of Star Wars: Return of the jedi

Wart follows closely.

“I am the great Wart! Wah, ha ha!!” I think I have the comic that Wart appears in, his only comic appearance, looks like a crocodile. Man, Bowser sure gets a lot of exposure, I know he's the archenemy and all, but make room for other guys.

Bowser, if you haven't played PM2, you aren't a Mario fan

Back