MK's Gaming List

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
So I've realized that a lot of games I've been playing recently are games that people have REALLY wanted me to play. I mean DF with Mother 3, Zae with am2r, then Icemario with Fire Emblem, etc. So this will be a thread where I will take game requests and give my thoughts on them eventuallllalallally. I know I could just have a backloggery but tbh I am too lazy for that. Please suggest only one game at a time.

I prefer games I can get, so anything NES,SNES,N64,GBA/GBC,PC (preferrably free), or GENESIS I can work with.

You can suggest 3DS or Wii U games, but if I don't own the game I won't be able to do it right away.

Requests:

GameRequesteeStatus
Fire Emblem 7 Icemario Playing
Mother 3DragonFreak Playing
VVVVVVNSYPlaying
Chrono TriggerFreakworldPending
Shovel KnightNSYPending
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow IcemarioPending
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's QuestFantanoicePending
AM2R v1.41ZaeCompleted w/ 94% items

Thoughts:

I'm patiently waiting for the next version. To review it now would feel kind of unfair since the game technically isn't done. But for what's there, my god is it fantastic. To think that all of this was done by one very dedicated fan. Very impressive work.

Chrono Trigger

Not the best JRPG but probably the one everyone should've played.
I mean I found it on a list with exactly that as a topic (the other games were iirc gta san andreas, super metroid, super mario galaxy and half life 2)

Play Shovel Knight and VVVVVV. Two great indie games worth your time and money.

While not free they are cheap.

Eri Ayase said:
Chrono Trigger

Not the best JRPG but probably the one everyone should've played.
I mean I found it on a list with exactly that as a topic (the other games were iirc gta san andreas, super metroid, super mario galaxy and half life 2)

Yeah I've been wanting to play this.

Lucina said:
Play Shovel Knight and VVVVVV. Two great indie games worth your time and money.

While not free they are cheap.
I already bought VVVVVV for 3DS, and I bought the Steam version to revisit it. I'll give my thoughts on that after beating the Steam version

Hi enjoy never-ending games pile. I dunno what you've played before so these can range from extremely-common to extremely-uncommon.

- Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3
- Legend of Zelda (haven't played Zelda II)
- Duck Tales (or the remake - remake is better imo)
- Dr Mario (or any of the remakes / sequels because they're all the same)
- Wario's Woods (or the SNES version)
- A Boy and His Blob (hard and confusing af; there was also a Wii reimagining which is really good and way more accessible, I'd recommend checking that out first then going back to this)
- Robowarrior
- Kabuki: Quantum Fighter

- Yoshi's Island (or any of the remakes)
- Donkey Kong Country 2, 3 (1 is pretty dated)
- Kirby Superstar
- Super Metroid
- Earthbound (also pretty dated but once you get over the sluggish start it's pretty good)

- Banjo Kazooie / Tooie
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Donkey Kong 64
- Paper Mario
- Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- Super Mario 64
- Super Smash Bros (a bit dated esp if you don't have people to play with)
- Mario Kart 64
- Lylat Wars / Star Fox 64
- Legend of ZeldA: Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask (or remakes)
- Pokemon Snap
- Pokemon Stadium 1, 2

- Portal
- Portal 2
- Antichamber
- 100% Orange Juice
- Bastion
- Plants Vs Zombies (the first one, not Garden Warfare because that's horrible, haven't played the others)
- Tomb Raider [2013]
- Audiosurf
- The Binding of Isaac
- Dark Souls (the first one, haven't played 2)
- Borderlands (the first one, haven't played the others)
- Minecraft
- Sanctum
- The Walking Dead
- Psychonauts
- Super Meat Boy
- Braid
- World of Goo
- One Finger Death Punch
- Limbo

- Ace Attorney series
- Zero Escape series
- The World Ends With You
- Radiant Historia
- Ghost Trick
- Super Smash Bros 4

- Duck Tales remake (mentioned before)
- A Boy and His Blob re-imagining (mentioned before)
- ZombiU
- Super Mario 3D World
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Smash Bros 4
- Scribblenauts Unlimited

I'll think of other stuff later maybe. :v

Yooka-Laylee said:
Hi enjoy never-ending games pile. I dunno what you've played before so these can range from extremely-common to extremely-uncommon.

- (or the remake - remake is better imo)
- Dr Mario (or any of the remakes / sequels because they're all the same)
- Wario's Woods
- A Boy and His Blob (hard and confusing af; there was also a Wii reimagining which is really good and way more accessible, I'd recommend checking that out first then going back to this)
- Robowarrior
- Kabuki: Quantum Fighter

- Donkey Kong Country 2, 3

- Banjo Kazooie / Tooie
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Donkey Kong 64
- Paper Mario
- Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- Lylat Wars / Star Fox 64
- Legend of ZeldA: Majora's Mask (or remakes)

- Antichamber
- Bastion
- Plants Vs Zombies (the first one, not Garden Warfare because that's horrible, haven't played the others)
- Tomb Raider [2013]
- Audiosurf
- The Binding of Isaac
- Dark Souls (the first one, haven't played 2)
- Borderlands (the first one, haven't played the others)
- Minecraft
- Sanctum
- The Walking Dead
- Psychonauts
- Super Meat Boy
- Braid
- World of Goo
- One Finger Death Punch
- Limbo

- Ace Attorney series
- Zero Escape series
- The World Ends With You
- Radiant Historia
- Ghost Trick

- Duck Tales remake (mentioned before)
- A Boy and His Blob re-imagining (mentioned before)
- ZombiU

I'll think of other stuff later maybe. :v
Ones not there I have beaten or played if it's a multi/neverending game.

Pretty good list though.. I think I'll have DKC2 be up there first since I've wanted to play that the most. Then when I play that something else will go there etc

I assume you are going to play most of these games on emulation, and if you do, be careful on DKC2. There is a level on there that a barrel is glitched making the level nearly unplayable, but it's very slightly doable. It's in the Lost World, so unless you are a completionist, you probably won't encounter it.

Did somebody say GBA/DS games? Well, there's the Starfy series. They're actually pretty fun games. Well, only the fifth was officially localized but details and it doesn't really matter much. The first three are on GBA and the fourth and fifth are on DS. The first four are JP only but the games don't have a big focus on plot(there is some, but and puzzles are pretty simple(generally). Although for the post-game of the fourth you almost certainly will need a guide of sorts if you don't want to try to brute force everything(a translation guide and solutions if you so wish). The fifth one had the blessing of an official localization under the name of The Legendary Starfy so that one's the most playable I suppose, but I could get past the games mostly fine without any guides(I was slightly lost where to get a certain something in 1, a certain puzzle in 2 stumped me and the last level was a pain, I kind of was unable to figure out how to damage 3's final boss, 4's aftergame is not very playable without a guide unless you understand Japanese yourself). Although The Legendary Starfy is cursed to me in regards to playability so I wouldn't entirely know.

Back