The Official "I have injuries" thread (Sorry for spam posting)

Crocodile Dippy said:
big hole in my pulmonary valve from a previous open heart surgery I had when I was about 2-years old (that was an even bigger one, I tells ya hwhat), so blood was leaking out of the artery. I have a pig's valve in there, now! Oink oink.
that's fucking terrible, at least you're alright now

Bleh...

Crocodile Dippy said:
big hole in my pulmonary valve from a previous open heart surgery I had when I was about 2-years old (that was an even bigger one, I tells ya hwhat), so blood was leaking out of the artery. I have a pig's valve in there, now! Oink oink.
Part pikachu, part crocodile, part pig - what else have you got in there?

Also, I remember when that happened (the latest one, not the 2-year-old one, although I remember hearing about it): it was summer 2012, I was on a field course and only found out it happened after the fact.

Crocodile Dippy said:

oh wow i have a heart condition involving the pulmonary valve as well, though i've never had surgery for it. what's the name of your condition if you don't mind me asking?

When I was born I had this rich tapestry of complications; http://www.rch.org.au/cardiology/parent_info/Transposition_of_the_Great_Arteries_with_VSD_and_Pulmonary_Stenosis/

basically, my great arteries went the wrong way (meaning no oxygenated blood flow throughout my body), the ventricles in my heart had a massive hole in them, and my pulmonary valve was stiff as shit so it wouldn't open and close properly.

because of the surgery done to fix that when I was around 2-years old, my pulmonary valve was punctured, so it wasn't appropriately regulating blood flow through the pulmonary artery. Not a huge issue, but it eventually caught up with me as that excess blood began to leak out of the artery, so I had surgery to correct that back in 2012.

Walkazo said:
Part pikachu, part crocodile, part pig - what else have you got in there?
likely part leprechaun, too. The Oirish blood flows within me.

I remember heading about all that - except the part about blood leaking out of your pulmonary artery, yikes.

Also, part Leprechaun, eh? Note to self: keep DP away from me Lucky Charms.

When i was on holiday in my relatives house, i fell down the stairs and banged my head. This was years ago. I also have this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gitelman_syndrome and this http://www.cafamily.org.uk/medical-information/conditions/g/global-developmental-delay/

Really deep cut on head when I was 2 from banging head on steel-framed bed. required stitches, still have scar hidden under hair

Had tonsils out at 8 even though I started having tonsillitis at 4 due to incompetent doctors

broke top front incisors so badly from fall at 9 that I now have false ones

multiple ENT infections, including one right now.

slightly affected facial muscles from a month of bell's palsy when I was 12 (basically virus affecting facial nerves)

multiple burns on right middle finger from touching test tube that had been heated to 70 degrees

Crocodile Dippy said:
When I was born I had this rich tapestry of complications; http://www.rch.org.au/cardiology/parent_info/Transposition_of_the_Great_Arteries_with_VSD_and_Pulmonary_Stenosis/

basically, my great arteries went the wrong way (meaning no oxygenated blood flow throughout my body), the ventricles in my heart had a massive hole in them, and my pulmonary valve was stiff as shit so it wouldn't open and close properly.

because of the surgery done to fix that when I was around 2-years old, my pulmonary valve was punctured, so it wasn't appropriately regulating blood flow through the pulmonary artery. Not a huge issue, but it eventually caught up with me as that excess blood began to leak out of the artery, so I had surgery to correct that back in 2012.

Damnnn that's pretty heavy. Glad to know things are ok now with it!

Yeah, I've got pulmonary valve stenosis (sounds a lot like what your pulmonary valve was doing) though it haven't been too badly affected other than having to stop and catch my breathe after like 30 metres jogging (and having to deal with idiots criticising me for it, including PE teachers who obviously didn't check my health records.)

I've broken my thumb when me and my brother were playfighting on the trampoline when I was about six.

Don't remember how I old I was when this happened, but me and my other brother were playfighting and I ended up chipping one of my teeth.

When I was about 12, I caught a cricket ball really badly and sprained most of the ligaments in my right hand.

When I was 16 a got a permanent scar on my right wrist after it touched part of an oven at 180 degrees (most annoying thing is I've touched things hotter and got no scar). I also have a scar on my left knee after a trip (both scars are kind of hard to see if you don't know where they are though).

~When I was five, I ran through the house and tripped on a rug which caused me to ram my forehead into the corner of the wall causing a huge bump to swell there for the next couple of weeks.
~Ironically the same exact thing happened again when I was fourteen, only that time some kid at school stuck his leg out and tripped me.
~The only bone that I ever broke was my left thumb thankfully.
~My eyelids got stuck shut once when I was three or four and I had to go to the hospital.

[3:37:17 PM] Meta Knight: i was trying to move the yard waste bin and when i was pushing it the weight was so much that it tilted all the way to the ground crushing my fingers
[3:37:52 PM] Meta Knight: nothing is broken but the sharp rocks on the ground did cut most of my knuckles
my thumbs remain uninjured but yeah

Maka Albarn said:
a few days ago in theatre camp, we were playing chocolate river. i jumped off a crate and i must have dislocated or sprained my ankle or something, because it really hurt after that (still kinda does)

unrelated to the above, i have bruises on my thighs and i have literally NO clue where they came from

And I now have to add to this

I poked myself in the eye with a paint swatch while we were taking notes in math a few days ago
And then that same day I skinned part of my knee when I went to dive for a volleyball during our game (yes I was wearing kneepads)

Back