Biogenik Wii Motion Sensor Bar doesn't work

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
It doesn't detect my movements and the batteries aren't going in properly (it's still on, though).

I think I can help, but I need a good photo of it. I found this photo in the Real-Life Photos thread:

I2Mq6Lv.jpg

But I would prefer a close-up.

no that was before i got the old one vacuumed up, this one's actually new

73FtL1T.jpg

2med.jpg

For the motion detection I would suggest testing out multiple Wii Remotes and maybe some other compatible devices to see if it's the device itself or just the remote(s) you are using.

However, the part about the batteries not going in properly is what concerns me more. I'm sorry I keep asking for photos, but I could probably help better if I could see what exactly this looks like.

First thing to note is that a Wii Sensor Bar does nothing but emit infrared light on both ends. While this light in invisible to human eyes, one is able to see it with most digital camera's (including a lot of smartphones).

798px-Nintendo_Wii_Sensor_Bar.jpg

If those lights are on, the sensor bar is doing it's job correctly, it doesn't do anything else.

You can try adjusting the sensitivity of the Wiimote in System Settings.
wiiuSensorbar1.png
wiiuSensorbar2.png

wiiuSensorbar3.png

If you don't see those dots, you can also try two candles and see if the dots do appear then.

If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the Wiimote's IR-camera or its motion sensors.

LOL Stargazing, you should've gotten an official Sensor Bar that isn't wireless. They work much better.

Pwwnd123 said:
LOL Stargazing, you should've gotten an official Sensor Bar that isn't wireless. They work much better.
if they still made them around here i would've gotten one

Pwwnd123 said:
You aren't helping.
I myself have a wireless sensor bar lying around and it works great.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Lakituthequick said:
If those lights are on, the sensor bar is doing it's job correctly, it doesn't do anything else.
they aren't :/
Have you checked with a camera or with the settings menu?

Either way, if you have candles lying around, you can use these too as sensor bar.

wiiuCandlebar.jpg

well my dad and i are going back now to explain the issue to the maker anyways

Back