Sonic's 25th anniversary game

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
Well next year is the 25th birthday of everyone's favorite hedgehog. This is my guess of why Sega wasn't at E3: Sonic's anniversary is next year and they're probably working hard on it instead of rushing like...something for his 15th anniversary. So how do you think Sega will celebrate it? Sonic Adventure 3? A new story driven game like...what we got for his 15th anniversary but more fleshed out and more playable (though I'd consider that game to be so bad that it's good like the Zelda CDI games)? Or if you want to be lazy and copy Nintendo how about Sonic maker?

Sonic '06 remake? Sonic Boom Generations? (Sonic Boom meets main series Sonic.) Sonic the Hedgehog 5?

This probably didn't need it's own thread given I kinda made a general thread for a reason. But yeah I imagine Sega's taking their time for whatever they have planning for the 25th Anniversary. Though it's not like there isn't some Sonic stuff to hold us over.

I won't count on it being a Sonic Adventure 3 just yet. And in fact I'm not really expecting it to be Sonic Adventure 3. It is a mystery just what they're going to do though. Even if I feel it hasn't been as bad as some people are saying from the time we got Sonic Lost World (Which personally I enjoyed despite it perhaps being the most divisive Sonic game since Sonic Unleashed) all the way to the present (Some people even thinking we're in another Dark Age of Sonic which I find ridiculous) there is some degree of uncertainty of what's next as we reach the franchise's 25th Anniversary. I think I said in the general thread is we've had two Anniversary games that were successful in both Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Generations, however you can't look past that the one we got on the 15th tarnished the franchise's reputation forever. So while it's exciting to speculate what they could do for the franchise's 25th, it's also kinda scary.

supermariofan said:
This is my guess of why Sega wasn't at E3: Sonic's anniversary is next year and they're probably working hard on it instead of rushing like...something for his 15th anniversary.

thats not why
the sega gaming division has been going through significant losses recently so they would've skipped e3 to focus on their restructuring that they're going through
also why would they skip out e3 because of one game? that'd just be dumb. a developer like sega has more than just one game being developed at a time lol (even if it seems like no one cares about anything from them but sonic...)

maybe it'll be sonic adventure 3 or sonic chronicles 2

(insanely unlikely)

I wouldn't mind something like Generations again as long as they have more levels brought back and less absurd challenges.

and a final boss that wasn't awful

Back